One of the Worst Console Ports I've Played

• For years I’ve wanted Chivalry on consoles. I’ve loved the game and thought that if it had adequate backing and attention it would grow in popularity tremendously, especially if it was ever brought to consoles. Now, it has finally come to consoles, and I’m very disappointed.

The PS4 version of the game, firstly, does not come close to the visual quality it does on PC; more than that, it seems more similar to games from an early Xbox 360 generation. The trees, landscape, lighting effects, shadows, etc. seem non-existent or are at such low quality that it’s quite shocking to look at. Trees are nothing more than green fans; landscapes are mere green hills; and light seems bland and blanketed on every object with similar tone.

Also, on top of the poor textures and effects in the game, visual bugs run rampant: objects clip like never before, and character models are shaded on all sides of their being no matter which direction light sources come.

Lastly, performance issues seem to be apparent with frame-rate drops, multiplayer match-making issues, and strange slow-downs upon killing that I can’t tell if they are by design but ill-implemented or if they are really just mistakes.

I thought this game would gain tremendous traction and backing once it was put in front of a console crowd, but I’m deeply discouraged to see such a poor showing of such a great game. Many, I’m afraid, will have bought this game and regretted their purchase, never knowing of the grandeur it demonstrates on the PC platform. I hope this game gets considerable treatment–if possible, but it may be too late–in the many months to come. At this point, it’s doing nothing positive for the brand in my experience.

• sounds to me like your a self proclaimed veteran of the PC version who came to console only to receive a full on pants down middle of the supermarket spanking lol.

• Angry gnome stop making accounts

• Thousands playing the game do not agree with you. Playing the worlds smallest violin

• Banned

Gets angry because the console version isn’t as pretty as when he plays on his gaming pc, no one cares.

• Well i don’t want to at all try and sabotage this fellas thread, but i just don’t know what the hell he’s talking about.

I’ve been in nothing but full games (or get full very quickly on One), the game runs really well, and people are having a blast.

And quite frankly, i’m surprised, being this game gets relatively very little advertising, yet with so many players be it a small Developer. I think the Graphics look great.

Again, to each their own, but i think our PC friends have gotten a bit spoiled, given the multitude of these games they have on their Platform, while we on Consoles are inundated with, pardon me for saying, garbage, that seems to me geared towards adolescents, with graphics on many of these games, that look like huge Call of Duty games.

I was playing that MG V, and that game looks like a huge map of Afghan on MW2. Star Wars, i’m looking at the backdrops, and it looks like nothing more than a huge HD screenshot. I mean the thing just looks dead.

Again, to each their own, but i think this game certainly went beyond my expectations, and many others obviously.

I just wish many other PC games would port to Consoles as well, because we certainly need it given this stagnation. I thank Torn Banner, and as long as they come out with this stuff, they’re getting my money, and that’s it.

• Banned

Not all pc gamers are spoiled, I play pc but understand the limitations of these ports, its just people like angry gnome who have the mindset where if they don’t get exactly what they want they cry and complain to get it. After they make three threads and then keep making more to start the conversation over there is no longer any point to argue with them considering they are just postponing the conversation forever so they cannot lose the argument. Ignore all complaints that aren’t in the bug thread, really the end of the line xD

• TB didnt make that port anyway as I understand it. I have no idea how true the things are that Ditronus says, but thats one of the risks you have to take as a company when you outsource projects to port-teams.

• @BiGFaTTy702:

Thousands playing the game do not agree with you. Playing the worlds smallest violin

You sure its the world’s smallest violin they’re playing with and not the world’s smallest something else? They seem so elitist.

• I think 99% of people would know that it would look worse on console. I mean that’s the rule.

• How the hell have you posted 10k times

• @SUMMER_not_sOmer:

How the hell have you posted 10k times

He is a moderator…… it’s kind of his job on the forums.

• Still 10k is craze balls man

• @Firecracker999:

He is a moderator…… it’s kind of his job on the forums.

Nah, he got most of 'em way before he was a mod. He’s just stacking them in case the world ends. Gotta prep you feel?

• @SUMMER_not_sOmer:

Still 10k is craze balls man

It’s actually only about 10 posts per day on average.

• @SUMMER_not_sOmer:

Angry gnome stop making accounts

Haven’t made a single account besides this one. Pretty sad that people continue to accuse me of this when they can’t see how bad the port is on their own. These accounts continue to be made by Chivalry players around the world because the port is awful. Probably the worst port I have ever seen.

Maybe once the port reaches an acceptable level of quality people will stop making accounts to complain about it. Until then, expect the complaints to continue.

• Though the game is really fun and I’m having a blast play it on X1… I want the PC version now(and I stopped PC gaming in 2007). After watching several videos and Twitch streams it looks and plays SO MUCH better. I agree 100% with Angry_gnome this is an absolute terrible port. But then again it’s only $20 so you can’t really complain about that.
    You get what you pay for.

• I’ve not played it, so ultimately I can’t judge.

• @angry_gnome:

Haven’t made a single account besides this one. Pretty sad that people continue to accuse me of this when they can’t see how bad the port is on their own. These accounts continue to be made by Chivalry players around the world because the port is awful. Probably the worst port I have ever seen.

Maybe once the port reaches an acceptable level of quality people will stop making accounts to complain about it. Until then, expect the complaints to continue.

360 chiv was worse a d so was mine craft in its early stages.
    There’s a key word here “in its early stages”

• Banned

No, the key words are as follows- gaming computer, port, xbox one, exaggeration. I can totally see this guy just angry because he is dying in public matches.