Character animation

• Back to Chiv today. And my eyes are bleeding again. You still didn’t redone the disgusting animation TBS. So much time has passed since AT. Are you OK my friends? Any plans on better quality?

• What disgusting animations?

• Attack animations looks too linear and choppy, run cycles are just bad, it’s like a cripple trying to move fast.

• Better animations than other games.

• What are the games you compare?

• Hacksecks, are you sure your graphics options are tuned correctly?

There is a options that’s great for improving FPS but it makes people far away janky as shit (can’t remember what its called however).

• I reckon you will get used to it tbh. Before when i came back to Chivalry. Attacks were faster and the game looked generally choppy. your settings may have been reset or as i mentioned,just weird to come back to Chivalry.

• @dragonmith:

Hacksecks, are you sure your graphics options are tuned correctly?

There is a options that’s great for improving FPS but it makes people far away janky as shit (can’t remember what its called however).

The preset is medium high. But it does not affect on overall animation that is partially broken. The upper body and the lower part are moving independently. There is no good transition, it’s just looks bad. But the most of attack animations are not readable, i mean i can’t see then attack animations starts and then animations ends, only something interpolated. And this affects on gameplay. Sometimes it’s easy to predict sometimes not. Also look down/up overheads exploit completely broke the fight mechanics.

5 min of hate, i’m sorry. But there is much things that should be redone, really. I don’t understand why the community is so amorphous, people have adapted and closed their eyes on obvious game bugs.

• I’ve never had any issue reading the animations outside of some VERY select few ones + reading backswings. The vast majority of the animations are just fine IMO.

• @hacksecks:

The preset is medium high. But it does not affect on overall animation that is partially broken. The upper body and the lower part are moving independently. There is no good transition, it’s just looks bad. But the most of attack animations are not readable, i mean i can’t see then attack animations starts and then animations ends, only something interpolated. And this affects on gameplay. Sometimes it’s easy to predict sometimes not. Also look down/up overheads exploit completely broke the fight mechanics.

5 min of hate, i’m sorry. But there is much things that should be redone, really. I don’t understand why the community is so amorphous, people have adapted and closed their eyes on obvious game bugs.

Look down/up overheads are easy to deal with tbh. You should understand better the game mechanics man.

• On my old laptop it was challenging to see what was going on, on my new gaming laptop it is very easy, the only thing difficult to read are close up feints. Even with reverse overheads I get used to it, usually by expecting it from a few players throughout the game.

The main poorly done animation is the brandistock big hitter which is a slow pull back and then boom prongs in your face.

Flails, no idea where the tracers are going but its such a poor weapon doesnt really matter.

• Don’t expect any changes to animations at this point.

TB has been working on a new game for more than a year now.

• @Reithur:

Don’t expect any changes to animations at this point.

TB has been working on a new game for more than a year now.

Thx for competent answer.

• @Vanguard:

Look down/up overheads are easy to deal with tbh. You should understand better the exploits man.

*fixed for you

P.S. I’m not new to CMW. But i don’t like the current state of the game. OFC, the game mechanics has been tweaked many times since closed alpha and the current iteration is more like RC than finished product.

• I never had problems with Chiv animations, they are always very “fluid” for me.

I had once a problem with animations, but it turned out to be massive packet loss.

• Occasionally you might get a janky animation. But they are usually always smooth and you can tell what they are doing.

• @hacksecks:

*fixed for you

P.S. I’m not new to CMW. But i don’t like the current state of the game. OFC, the game mechanics has been tweaked many times since closed alpha and the current iteration is more like RC than finished product.

You’re not new yet you somehow think the very basis of how you swing your weapon is an exploit. Nice.

• @hacksecks:

*fixed for you

You are not new, that doesn’t mean you are not clueless. Its called “real time swing manipulation”, its a feature.

• it seems to me when we talking about the bad animation, we mean different things

It’s a bit toribash like

• @hacksecks:

it seems to me when we talking about the bad animation, we mean different things

It’s a bit toribash like

Oh yes this do makes sense tbh.