Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 45

• Developer

A new patch is live for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. This patch addresses the kick move and various small fixes.

• Moved and widened kick tracer
      • To: KickOffset=(X=100, Y=0, Z=-10), KickSize=20
    • Fix Reaver Set throwing axe ownership
    • Disable bugitgo console command
    • Minor admin fixes

• Can you just immediately update the official servers so anyone who starts the game after the update can actually play?

Sometimes there’s a long pause after the update is pushed out until you can join Official servers…

• @CrustaceanSoup:

• Minor admin fixes

Can you elaborate on these fixes?

• Mod

Interesting to see this release! Always welcome to see you fine fellows doing what you do best.
    A question/concern if I may bring to your attention.

In the past I’ve found it simple to ‘bAllowNonTeamChat=False’ for one reason or anther… I hope its on my end… but this does not seem to hold true when my precious Moorlands are up n’ running. Both teams can still converse via chat… Has this been addressed or removed from function? *Hope these are the “Admin Fixes”

Thanks,

So was this to prevent players from INI edits that circumvent the turn cap?

• Global Moderator

@vincentdankgogh:

Can you elaborate on these fixes?

We can login now after map change rather than having to type in reconnect every time. This only affected servers that tied our steam Ids to the server meaning we didn’t need the type the admin password to login. Just needed to type adminlogin anything. It knew who we were. Only it forgot who were were entirely every map change so we had to rejoin the server every time.

@Retsnom:

So was this to prevent players from INI edits that circumvent the turn cap?

That was a console command that instantly turned the player around. You would input a set of numbers after the command. You could then keybind that. Doing instant turns.

• So after knight’s chase mechanic was nerfed it’s another indirect archer buff?

• How is that an indirect archer buff?

Thanks for fixing the kick TB, after the change it felt more solid and reliable but it seemed to have much less range and “draginess” especially on jump kicks. Cant wait to try them out now.

• @lemonater47:

This only affected servers that tied our steam Ids to the server meaning we didn’t need the type the admin password to login. Just needed to type adminlogin anything.

Is this kind of thing easy to do? Or is it only for official servers

• Saw an update.

Came here.

OMG A FIX FOR KICK???

OMG OMG OMG

Whats next - an archer fix?

• @Oy:

How is that an indirect archer buff?

They could just run away after chase mechanic nerf, and you barely had any chance to catch them. Now if you get semi close, they can kick you from a mile away* and run away endlessly.

*kick has now more reach than standstill Longsword stab.

• @petergriffin:

They could just run away after chase mechanic nerf, and you barely had any chance to catch them. Now if you get semi close, they can kick you from a mile away* and run away endlessly.

*kick has now more reach than standstill Longsword stab.

Could you not just jump their kick and lookdown messer their head off? As far as I’m concerned, a better kick makes Archers easier since most are too shitty to fight back competently.

• @Oy:

Could you not just jump their kick and lookdown messer their head off?

It’s impossible to jump kicks now.

As far as I’m concerned, a better kick makes Archers easier since most are too shitty to fight back competently.

It gives them more staying power as they don’t have to fight anybody if they don’t want to.

It’'s shoot, shoot, shoot - danger? -> kick, run away, kick, run away, shoot, shoot, shoot.

• @Kreittis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7q-_Xh6T-8

Looks like fun. On the other hand Space Engineers got planets now, think I’ll stick to that.

• Getting back into MW to play Archer, only because I get all my fun dragging on DW :P So maybe I can sharpen my ranged skills a bit, who knows, might pick up Knight, Van, or MAA again later

• this game would be a lot better if you nerfed archers. consider it.

it’s ruining your … what I would have considered a melee focused game amiright?

you can’t focus on melee when there’s archers ruining all melee fun.

it’s really bad.

I challenge you to play attacking team in an objective match, and have like 2 decent archers on the opposing team.

bring smoke, bring shields, bring movement.

die.

please torn banner, they are in serious need of a nerf since forever. Do the entire chivalry player base a favor and give them a little nerfy nerf. At least try it. It’s been 3 years, this same class has been overpowered for 3 years now, we’re going on 4.

my last wishes, if I die, just nerf archers.

• @50ShadesofClay:

this game would be a lot better if you nerfed archers. consider it.

it’s ruining your … what I would have considered a melee focused game amiright?

you can’t focus on melee when there’s archers ruining all melee fun.

it’s really bad.

I challenge you to play attacking team in an objective match, and have like 2 decent archers on the opposing team.

bring smoke, bring shields, bring movement.

die.

please torn banner, they are in serious need of a nerf since forever. Do the entire chivalry player base a favor and give them a little nerfy nerf. At least try it. It’s been 3 years, this same class has been overpowered for 3 years now, we’re going on 4.

my last wishes, if I die, just nerf archers.

The Archers are just as powerful as they should be. The Archers job is to make it as hard as possible for the men on the field to fight. They are already EXTREMELY easy to kill. To weaken there attack power would make them completely irrelevant.

• Yes, it’s extremely easy for me to kill an archer that’s 70 meters away from me lobbing arrow after arrow. Even if he’s bad and misses 12 times, he still hits me once, twice, thrice and I die. But I could 1htk him if I got close, preferably with full hp so I won’t get 1htk as well, would be neat to also have full stamina, but nope, 2 shortsword stab feints in a row and I’m dead. So easy.

• @NewAgeKnight86:

The Archers are just as powerful as they should be. The Archers job is to make it as hard as possible for the men on the field to fight. They are already EXTREMELY easy to kill. To weaken there attack power would make them completely irrelevant.

Explain me please how shooting mauls across the map is weak. Explain me then how shortsword is weak, and archer footspeed is weak, or maybe how the mg42, I mean, light crossbow is weak. Not to mention javelins.

You are confusing weak archers with archers being weak man.

Torn Banner you should consider Mr. 50 up here, its his last wish tbh. You don’t even need to consider it balance, as it is more like bug fixing tbh at this point so broken it is.