It is entirely too hard to hit someone running away from you

• Perhaps even with their back turned in general. Someone will turn around and run from me and ill be directly behind them and no matter how many times i swing my weapon (2 handed axe, mace i know for sure) it just wont hit them. If they turn around at the same distance I have no problem hitting them. I don’t really get it. Last game I flanked 3 guys and came up behind all of them and did a horizontal slash with a 2 handed axe and it didnt hit ANY of them.

Its frustrating. I don’t have the same problem if someone is facing me and its not lag, I play with less than 50 ping.

• Are you kidding me? If you’re chasing someone, you speed up and they slow down. It’s so easy.

• no im not kidding you. and even this last game i played after making this post i notice that if someone exposes their back to me in a fight its actually harder to hit them. Im dead serious.

• As a vanguard with a two hand weapon, it is pretty easy to poke the enemy from behind ;)

• @UnfriendlyBG:

no im not kidding you. and even this last game i played after making this post i notice that if someone exposes their back to me in a fight its actually harder to hit them. Im dead serious.

• lol i dont care what you guys say, theres something off about the hitboxes on like the back of the characters, possibly even like 45 degrees to each side from the back too. I see it all the time with other people fighting infront of me too

• why are yu making a topic about it if you dont care what people say….what you shoudl say instead is : Im an egocentric kid who knows everything.

Hitting someone from the back is the easiest thing. I always get fuck up when I start running away.

• Hmm. Haven’t noticed this personally.

When someone’s back is to me it’s a free kill most times. When my roomate ran livestream though, my ping was still 80 yet I had blocky movements and was unable to hit people while in range. Could it be any program you are running? Try closing skype, msn, livestream, etc. and see if it has any effect.

All I can say really. I have no problem with hitting people’s backs, though sometimes I’m lazy and rather throw an axe instead of chase em down.

• I have noticed this as well.

With a dagger out, I have humped someone’s leg for 30 seconds straight, swinging the entire time. But because they were moving away, not a single attack landed.

• I have to agree, it does feel a tad off even with Halberd pokes/Vanguard charge attacks.

• @Neogodhobo:

why are yu making a topic about it if you dont care what people say….what you shoudl say instead is : Im an egocentric kid who knows everything.

Hitting someone from the back is the easiest thing. I always get fuck up when I start running away.

Uh…

1. I’m probably old enough to be your father

2. I didn’t make this post on the forum to receive warm fuzzies from others.

3. Well I’m not going to go there, I’ll keep this civil.

It keeps happening to me in game, and I see it happen to others when they’re fighting in front of me. Plus I can usually live a lot longer than I should if i just turn and run, or if I kinda throw my back at someone. I’m just sharing my experiences so far, kid.

• Let’s stop with the personal attacks and try to keep it on topic.

• Most of the time I’m inexplicably killed when I try to retreat, even though they’re far away when I last had eyes on them. Never had too much trouble chasing people down, though it is noticeably more difficulty to land a hit on their backs on the highly populated servers.

Both examples almost contradict each other so I don’t have bloody clue what’s going on. :|

• I haven’t had any problems with this, even with the shortest range daggers. Just make sure you are sprinting and using your stab attack (mouse wheel up)

• If a fool tries to run away from me, I embed 2 throwing axes into his back. If I am out of ammo, I chase him down because chasing someone makes you faster than them in this game.

• Most of the time I have enough range with my greatsword while sprinting otherwise I’ll just throw my axes if I have ammo :D.

• I have the problem of not being able to hit anyone running away. However, no one seems to have that problem when I’m running away from them. There are countless times where I’ve tried to sprint with a MMA away from a Knight, only to be bashed in the back of the head.

• If you are swinging at someone and missing them while chasing, you are starting your swing way too early.

• @ltj:

If you are swinging at someone and missing them while chasing, you are starting your swing way too early.

That makes no sense to me. The distance remains constant. When I start my swing is irrelevant. There is no ‘too early’ if im staying at the same distance. Im right up on their ass I don’t know what else im supposed to do.

And hey Richard Dunn, I was playin a bunch with/against you yesterday :D

• Since this thread was created, I’ve been paying close attention when chasing people - and I actually agree with it, there definitely seems to be some kind of hitbox issues when attacking someone who’s running away.