Kick update

• I didn’t think it was really that effective/efficient in terms of its stamina drain (given it’s stamina cost).

• This post is deleted!

• @dudeface:

I didn’t think it was really that effective/efficient in terms of its stamina drain (given it’s stamina cost).

I think it drains both a missed attack+the stamina from getting kicked, if you feint before that as well, you’re down 45 stamina.

• I’d love to know how many of those complaining about good kicks cry when ‘fantasy stuff’ is introduced. If this game were realistic at all kicks would actually be much more useful than they’ve ever been in Chiv.

• 1. Chase Mechanic nerf
    2. Recent Kick changes
    Next step pls remove Knights and put in another archer class cuz we all know this game is actually about projectile based fights right?

• @Xylvion:

I think it drains both a missed attack+the stamina from getting kicked, if you feint before that as well, you’re down 45 stamina.

Makes sense.
    Stamina warfare is already bad enough, but the kicks just make it even worse. Nothing new… it’s been like this for a while.

If it is key to fighting a shield user, they could simply make it only drain the target’s stam if they are holding a shield, of course.

• @Retsnom:

I think this is just silly. If you dropped the stamina drain, shield knights would be basically invulnerable.

shields are easy to beat without kick - you shouldnt need to crutch it to kill shield players - maa, vanguard or knight

• @dudeface:

Makes sense.
    Stamina warfare is already bad enough, but the kicks just make it even worse. Nothing new… it’s been like this for a while.

If it is key to fighting a shield user, they could simply make it only drain the target’s stam if they are holding a shield, of course.

Nice job pressing quote tbh.

• If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again.

• Going to have to side with najo on this one. Shield was only decent because you could avoid kicks with a bit of footwork and utilize ASM™ to avoid getting traded every time you dropped your shield to attack. Now you can’t even do that.

As it stands, fast kick is cheesey as fuck and pretty much secures you the fight because it can FiR, leading to a huge stam advantage. Removing it and leaving the one (heavy) kick would open up the ability to punish poorly timed kicks, while still leaving an anti-shield mechanic in the game. Would also make it more consistent. Just my opinion though.

• Made the kick range a little too long.

• the kicks are kinda broken especially the range, but the real kicker here is why can we get a mechanics change for kick, but we can’t get any other changes? Really would like to see flinch make an epic return. Aimpunch should really be looked into as well, considering they’re so much worse. Archers needed a nerf and one way was removing their flinch, but now they have aimpunch instead which is pretty much worse. You should be able to attack thrrough their arrow hitting you point blank, yet you get knocked back and miss all the time. Happens in melee of course too which is just bad.

• Idgaf about archer arrows flinching my attacks, I wanted them to not flinch parries, which they still do.

• @50ShadesofClay:

the kicks are kinda broken especially the range, but the real kicker here is why can we get a mechanics change for kick, but we can’t get any other changes? Really would like to see flinch make an epic return. Aimpunch should really be looked into as well, considering they’re so much worse. Archers needed a nerf and one way was removing their flinch, but now they have aimpunch instead which is pretty much worse. You should be able to attack thrrough their arrow hitting you point blank, yet you get knocked back and miss all the time. Happens in melee of course too which is just bad.

yeah seriously man, this shit is all so frivolous compared to FHF, stock archer balance and stam warfare. I mean having a functional kick is nice and all, and the current one is probably a little TOO functional, but I’d give it away immediately for any of these instead.

• The current kick is finally the working kick that never was. Please give it a week or so to adjust your play style accordingly now that we have an actual working, reliable mechanic. Those complaining about the kick were indoctrinated from the beginning because kick was so borked only a few of us used it regularly so there were no worries. Now that the mechanic is working correctly, working on different elevations, no more bubble stuck jump kicks, and now not ghosting kicks, shield users are going to have to adapt to a viable working kick. You have been spoiled since release not having to worry about the broken mechanic. Well that has been fixed so adapt or die.

@daniel10x:

shields are easy to beat without kick - you shouldnt need to crutch it to kill shield players - maa, vanguard or knight

You must not be playing the same shield guys I am playing against. Most of the top guys are very difficult to kill.

• Well it was working after the kick fix too. No more kicks phasing through people. It was just a little off.

Then a second patch turned kick into force push.

• Yeah but the first kick change ruined kick, it had the range of a dagger and I was missing kicks constantly that should have hit. It needed more range, but they gave it a smidgen too much.

• It could use a range reduction, but other than that it’s fine IMO.