Chivalery could need a ranked system

• that you can join a solo q ranked game (maybe with a friend) which throw you on an official last team standing server. or team ranked 5 vs 5
    ranked games would make the game so much more fun and more competitive on small lts maps instead of teammission

• They say the playerbase is too low for this, which I call bullshit on, they’ve got 3 million sold copies, with ranked 5v5 competetive queueing there will most likely be a boost in playerbase as a considerable amount of noobs hate playing against high ranks.

• Possibly it could work if it’s only ranked on a couple of servers.

You say 3 million copies sold. However there is only around 1800 players active each day on average. Split this up into 5-6 different regions, EU, NA, Asia, Australia, possibly SA etc, then divide again by 5 or 6 popular game modes and you might be left with 60-70 players per game mode per region in a day. Is that enough to start splitting up into 3 or 4 rank bands?

I’m not convinced, especially since a lot of those players are already hiding in low rank servers as it is.

• @Xylvion:

They say the playerbase is too low for this, which I call bullshit on, they’ve got 3 million sold copies, with ranked 5v5 competetive queueing there will most likely be a boost in playerbase as a considerable amount of noobs hate playing against high ranks.

Wishful thinking but do you really think that would happen? Not to mention you guys want the option that will work the least. A combined server browser and matchmaking system.

Under 3k people play this game at any one time and that number drops to 800 every day too. How many more competitive players you think that’s going to get? A button to make up for people’s lack of organistation isnt going to bring a bunch of people back.

Lets talk about another game that has this combined system. This game also attempted to be very competitive however failing due to the RNG nature of the game which gives it appeal in other areas. That game is company of heroes 2 with 8000 concurrent players. It has automatch, Singleplayer and custom games. Custom games is essentially a server browser. It’s game sizes are 2-8 people.
    For its match making average wait time is about 1 and a half minutes however you can get into a game sometime almost instantly after hitting the button. Note that this is with the most open settings. Looking to put you into any sort of game.
    now the custom games section is pretty dead. The server browser of the game. It takes forever to even get a 2v2 going. With 8000 players out there.
    You have to think why people play the game. People play that game to bash around ordering ww2 dudes around and they want get in there as fast as possible. Playing against literally anyone for a different challenge each time.

Now you want to get a matchmaking feature to get 10 people together. In a game playing in a competitive way. 5v5 LTS or something. You really think that’s going to happen. With 3000 concurrent players? Or even 8000.
    Not to mention Ping is involved. COH2 doesn’t give a shit about where you’re all from. That’ll just stick you in game with whoever as long doesn’t matter but for 5v5 comletirive matchmaking you want under 60 long so you have just severaly limited who you can play with. COH2 also doesn’t consider rank, games won/lost or playtime when it picks either. So if you start considering that and want to add that in it again restricts who you can play with.
    And once again you gotta think why the majority of people play the game. Why people play chivalry. The majorty of people who play games any game don’t play it to be competitive. In chivalry it’s to kill dudes with medieval weapons and have fund doing it. Completing objectives. 5v5 TO would seem a bit empty for people and LTS isn’t why people play the game.

So no it will not work. Even with the 3.3 million copies sold it won’t bring the back the hordes of players needed to make this work. 3.3 million copies. 20% of them reached rank 5. 1/5. What percentage would have gotten rank 50+ do you think? 0.0something%.

• Too much text lemon, I may read it later.

Either way, yes the game doesn’t have that many concurrent players, and I believe the reason for this is due to no ranked match making; Maybe there would have been 5-10k players on at any given time instead of 1.5-2.5k, if only said feature would’ve been implemented.

• nope…. Players have always gravitated to the largest player servers aka why the 64 and 36 player servers tend to fill up and stay filled. Rank only matters to whiny noobs.

• @Xylvion:

Too much text lemon, I may read it later.

Either way, yes the game doesn’t have that many concurrent players, and I believe the reason for this is due to no ranked match making; Maybe there would have been 5-10k players on at any given time instead of 1.5-2.5k, if only said feature would’ve been implemented.

Number 1 reason for bad reviews on steam is essentially becuase he game is too hard. Even positive reviews criticise the game in this regard. So you can safely assume this is the main reason why people drift away from the game.

Only 100,000 people got above rank 20. When you play a game estimate the average rank of players in servers. I find it around rank 35 usually. 33,000 have played the game for more than 80 hours.

So even if it had been in at the start it is not why people play the game. They want a fun hack n slash. 32 player TO is its most popular game mode. Essentially the selling point.

• Well you have just identified what I have been saying for years. It is the lazy, instant gratification, everyone gets a trophy for showing up, self entitled, zero work ethic of the current generation. There are plenty of games that spoon feed you EZ play then they charge you for power ups…. guess that is what they want. so much for the challenge…

• Is there a leader board for PC?

• TB sells it for peanuts and doesn’t want to fix anything. That explains the 3 million copies sold and .00001% of that actually playing it

If it weren’t so damn unique, nobody would give half a shit about this game. I think thats why TB is deciding to go all magickey now because mordhau and kingdom come would kill any other sequel

• Kingdom Come multiplayer isn’t confirmed yet though

• They’ve gone as far to say they won’t do Kingdom come multiplayer. We’ll also had to see how Mordhau turns out first. Tornbanner are professionals with years of experiance remember. Even though it may not seem like it.

• Will still buy kingdom come…… looks like a great game

• it is important bump up , its not for whiny noobs but a ranked system would bring streamers and would allow us to play last team standing . long long time a go there was a server with 24 h arena i played all day long on this server i miss lts.

with a ranked system could be made for 5 vs 5 lts with ranked a reason i not play the game as much, something like this would make chivalery my first choice game to play every day

• plz add a ranking system we need progamer streaming it would be nice to be able to play with friends a last team standing match. if i could play ehenever i want last team standing arena i would play all day , this would bring so much people back

• i also think thornbanner could at least give aus a small hint what project they are working on

• I wouldn’t get too optimistic. Competitive streamers would have to be good players. So 1000 hours each first.

• @derandy123:

i also think thornbanner could at least give aus a small hint what project they are working on

Why should they give preferential treatment to the Aussies? If they are going to drop hints it should be for everyone.

I mean, Lemon is almost an Aussie and he doesn’t need priority.

• @DahDakilven:

TB sells it for peanuts and doesn’t want to fix anything. That explains the 3 million copies sold and .00001% of that actually playing it

If it weren’t so damn unique, nobody would give half a shit about this game. I think thats why TB is deciding to go all magickey now because mordhau and kingdom come would kill any other sequel

Meh, kingdom Come looks too much like mount and blade and mordhau looks like a chiv wanna be lol. But yeah, there is nothing else like Chivalry out there.

• I always said it needed a Rank player stats system. The fact was if they kept out the Streetfighter moves from a few yrs
    back the playerbase would be higher now. Many gamers just didn’t like the idea of finding themselves in a so called
    medieval melee game were all kinds of bloody strange moves became the norm. This is why people left simply because
    people expect to get what’s written on the packet. What about those recent exploits, lets add that it takes TB so long
    to actually address any community concerns about new bugs or combat bs, that they simply up and leave also…

At this stage of the game if TB did come out with a ranked system as the op suggested, I’d even consider renting
    a server for the cause. Perhaps for a year with sim rai 24 slotish