Winner Stays Duel Mode

• Just like the title suggest, the winner stays and duels the next combatant, the winner is healed after each fight. At the start 2 people are randomly selected. First person to hit 25 kills or something wins. Im thinking a small server size to, like 12 people max. So people are not waiting forever for their turn. :fenc:

Combatants going up against the winner are notified they are up next or they are queued to be up after the next person.

For example : Such and Such have entered the Duel, I’d get a message saying “Your up Next”. whereas the next person in line would get a “Your next in the Que”. Random selection from people in the server, other than the Winner. He/She Stays.

This needs to happen, because of the 1vs1 skill based combat.

• YES! Do it, would be mad!

• This has been discussed for quite some time and there are a lot of players( including me) who would love something like this.

• Duel mode has been confirmed repeatedly.

• Well anyways, this is how it needs to be done. Otherwise well…

• I’m guessing they won’t do anything like this for duel mode unless theirs a tournament for some prize, it could be

[1vs2]–-[3vs4]–-[5vs6]–-[7vs8]
    1 wins–4 wins—6 wins—7 wins
    [1vs4]–-[6vs7]
    1 wins–6 wins
    [1vs6]
    1 wins the tournament!!!

I could see something like that. Would be fun :)

• There are no official details on duel mode yet - but one of the devs hinted in a server that you’d be able to do 2v2 fights in duel mode as well, so I don’t think it will follow these rules.

• @Sir:

Duel mode has been confirmed repeatedly.

Since you sound like an expert. How will it work?

• I would LOVE for duel mode to be similar to Mount and Blade. How hard would it be to make a cool little duel-challenge system thingamajig? That’d be nice.

• Duel mode was a stretch goal during the kickstarter campaign and it was unlocked so it’s definitely coming. Just have to be patient till then…

I’m also really looking forward to this, it would be more convenient than challenging people to duel into random empty servers.

• @Novaflare:

Duel mode was a stretch goal during the kickstarter campaign and it was unlocked so it’s definitely coming. Just have to be patient till then…

I’m also really looking forward to this, it would be more convenient than challenging people to duel into random empty servers.

know what ya mean.

Im seeing this done on small servers, so the gameplay stays fresh with everyone involved.

• I would love for this mode, I remember doing this all the time in unreal tournament. So much fun, please, this would add so much suspense and trepidation when having an audience spectating.

• Rocket Arena for Quake 3: Arena did this quite well.

But you have to have rather small maps or faster classes will just run away and grief people on too big maps. And this game has too many griefers already.

To the OP: hell yeah, obviously.

• I cannot wait until they implement dueling! I really hope it follows the “winner stays” format as well, that would be really fun. Or if not, anything would be great. I love finding FFA games that are nearly empty because it gives this same sensation for the most part :)

• bump

• Dueling servers do exist, just search duel, but its all based on an honor system of course

• And the fact that people kick players who ruin duels in duel servers

• @Bloodshot12:

And the fact that people kick players who ruin duels in duel servers

True story, it works nicely!

• @Jake:

I’m guessing they won’t do anything like this for duel mode unless theirs a tournament for some prize, it could be

[1vs2]–-[3vs4]–-[5vs6]–-[7vs8]
    1 wins–4 wins—6 wins—7 wins
    [1vs4]–-[6vs7]
    1 wins–6 wins
    [1vs6]
    1 wins the tournament!!!

I could see something like that. Would be fun :)

I was doing a search to see if this has been posted. This is how duel needs to work in my opinion.

Duel mode isn’t going to be for those players who just want to hack and slash everything they see. It will be a mode for people to test their skills and get better at fighting in general. So this is why I think this should work like this. HOWEVER, what I would like to add is that every duel features two people. That is it. Two people go in the middle of the arena, say 1vs2. When 1 wins, 3vs4 go. When 4 wins, 5vs6 go, etc. etc. 8 people might be a good cap because any more would take too long. This would give an insight on how the players fight, give good strategy to other players, and allow them to view the intense battles head on, preferably with the spectator cam.

• @Swords:

Just like the title suggest, the winner stays and duels the next combatant, the winner is healed after each fight. At the start 2 people are randomly selected. First person to hit 25 kills or something wins. Im thinking a small server size to, like 12 people max. So people are not waiting forever for their turn. :fenc:

Combatants going up against the winner are notified they are up next or they are queued to be up after the next person.

For example : Such and Such have entered the Duel, I’d get a message saying “Your up Next”. whereas the next person in line would get a “Your next in the Que”. Random selection from people in the server, other than the Winner. He/She Stays.

This needs to happen, because of the 1vs1 skill based combat.

+1

Was having this convo at work today