Kill 'em Maul.

• Since I achieved my goal of entering the Top 100, I’m not so concerned about my score anymore…been spending time with a different weapon every couple of weeks. The newest one is the Maul.
    Oh such Glorious Smashitude!
    I’m a sitting duck for anyone competent, because of its lack of speed. However, since I rarely use the Vanguards pole arms the Maul has the range I’ve been lacking.
    As everyone knows, the dragging is phenomenal.
    A couple heavy overhead whacks on a shield sucks the heart right out of an opponent…and the intimidation factor is as good as the Flail.

• Stamina drain , drags and overhead 75% of your attacks……

Enough said…

Also gnarlydude the maul got beefed up on xbone, much easier to drag and one shot knights with.

• If u can stagger a knight u get a chance to one shot them with the overhead attack. A pretty good strategy if u can read feints and run through swings.

• Compensate its lack of speed by overhead b0ckswings and stabs m8

Highly effective tbh, to the point of broken OP bullshit. Land a few backswings, then you fake-out this shit when they start to parry it lmao, maul is great to do this, really unpredictable on skilled hands.

• Getting better. Maul has some great uses. When I’m circled by 3/4 of the opposing team all whacking away at me, the old " overhead-r slash while crouching and spinning" is gonna wipe out SOMEBODY. Timely switching to secondary weapons for one on one encounters with a skilled Man at Arms is something I’m still working on.

• @Gnarlydude:

Getting better. Maul has some great uses. When I’m circled by 3/4 of the opposing team all whacking away at me, the old " overhead-r slash while crouching and spinning" is gonna wipe out SOMEBODY. Timely switching to secondary weapons for one on one encounters with a skilled Man at Arms is something I’m still working on.

Oh boy skilled MAA I find hard as FUCK to deal with when I’m using Maul. You gotta play perfectly and outstam the fucker, but isn’t that hard as fuck?

I usually end up gambling and dying because I get too scared and gamble all wrong and do stupid shit. If there is a MAA giving me cancer while I’m with maul, I usually end up switching to spear vanguard and chemotherapy that shit

• @Vanguard:

Oh boy skilled MAA I find hard as FUCK to deal with when I’m using Maul. You gotta play perfectly and outstam the fucker, but isn’t that hard as fuck?

I usually end up gambling and dying because I get too scared and gamble all wrong and do stupid shit. If there is a MAA giving me cancer while I’m with maul, I usually end up switching to spear vanguard and chemotherapy that shit

PC MAA > Console MAA

Gotta keep that in mind /\

• Okay, I’ve spent a couple weeks using the Maul. Here’s what seems to work fair for me.
    Pick your battle, and where you want to engage. I tend to hit every wall and tree around with this big ol’ slow fucker. Need some space.
    Pick a fast second weapon, and use it often. One hit with the Maul and you can finish off your opponent with anything.
    I’ve taken earlier advice and poke a lot with it. Dragging stabs work well.
    I don’t bother with feints…way too slow.
    Take a hit or two, you’ll survive. Wait for a good swing.

• Feint can be OK. Just gotta use your players animations in crazy looking ways.