Official TO DE #1 allows 5 archers on defense

• I’m guessing it’s not by design, especially when the other side can have 4, right?

• Is this not just a one-time thing? It happens sometimes. Probably when an archer gets autobalanced from one team to another.

• @dudeface:

Is this not just a one-time thing? It happens sometimes. Probably when an archer gets autobalanced from one team to another.

I don’t know, but every time I noticed 5 archers it was TO DE #1 so I assumed it’s set on the server.

• Nah. You can’t actually specify differing amounts of class limits for the two teams in server config AFAIK.

• It’s an autobalance thing. If you are an archer on one team then get autobalanced you are still an archer regardless of how many archers are on the other team. So 5 archers end up being on one team.

• @lemonater47:

It’s an autobalance thing. If you are an archer on one team then get autobalanced you are still an archer regardless of how many archers are on the other team. So 5 archers end up being on one team.

Can’t this be exploited to make like 318 archers against the other team? Imagine, 8 fucking archers for example. Its ultimate cancer! Someone has to do something this can’t be possible pls tell me its not possible

• @Vanguard:

Can’t this be exploited to make like 318 archers against the other team? Imagine, 8 fucking archers for example. Its ultimate cancer! Someone has to do something this can’t be possible pls tell me its not possible

How the hell are you gonna exploit autobalance? It would require 75% of the server coordinating that. And it could still go wrong for anyone trying to do that.

• Isnt it even easier to pull off? I think as soon as you change your setup from archer to anything else, the game registers that as -1 archers. So as long as you (the still archer) dont die, you can have 1 archer more. I am 90% sure I can pull that off almost all the time.

• @Ser:

Isnt it even easier to pull off? I think as soon as you change your setup from archer to anything else, the game registers that as -1 archers. So as long as you (the still archer) dont die, you can have 1 archer more. I am 90% sure I can pull that off almost all the time.

How are you not gonna die though? As soon as something like that happens someone’s gonna go crossbow and take you all out.

• You’d have to have a coordinated effort with other players to spawn as archer, deselect the archer class, and only quickly reselect it in between dying and respawning. If everyone deselected it you could keep a stream of archers respawning as long as they didn’t all die at the same time.

Assuming that trick actually works. It would be difficult.

• @lemonater47:

How are you not gonna die though? As soon as something like that happens someone’s gonna go crossbow and take you all out.

When you play archer you will have time to look out for enemy archers, at least their position etc, which will in turn help you with not getting shot as you can hide behind a wall/pillar and focus on melee instead.