Chivalry 2 by another indy team..

• It’s pretty sad to see that what made the success of a game is used by another team to make their own game. It won’t be easy for Torn Banner to work on Chiv 2 now. Mordhau seems solid technicaly and is developped on Unreal 4.
    [https://youtu.be/0EVwamZgzeM

](https://youtu.be/0EVwamZgzeM)[http://mordhau.com/

](http://mordhau.com/)

• I think everyone is well aware of this.

TBS is doing SOMETHING though, I wouldn’t just sell them down the river. They’re a game development company, they’re going to develop games. We know they’re working on a UE4 project and they stated they’ll announce something “early next year” I believe. We also know they trademarked a specific name but it’s little more than speculation.

I like these games so I look forward to playing this and whatever TBS does next. The future is looking great for everyone if you ask me!

• @Justin_Paplus:

It’s pretty sad to see that what made the success of a game is used by another team to make their own game.

It’s not sad, TB abandoned their unique melee game in a state where it’s dominated by archers (and with poor balance), this is good enough reason to hope that someone else will succeed with their idea and do it as soon as possible.

• You have to see how it turns out first. High skillbased ganes are usually the downfall of the game. And if torn banner did make a chivalry 2 you would see the contrast between a team with plenty of experiance and a new small indie team.

All small indie teams start out as loved by the community with seemingly no flaws. That usually lasts until their game is actually released. No team is immune to the mood swings of a community. Remember when everyone loved torn banner?

• Oh please

Mordhau is still in early development.

it doesnt matter if it is on unreal 3 or 4 or 5, it is a lot of work to fully polish a game to actually be playable so it could be years or never before that game is ready to play. There are a bunch like that, early promise but just not the resources or determination to follow it through.

Technically solid means nothing, having complete freedom to pick any weapon or amour means nothing unless the game is fun to play. CMW is fun to play, its fairly balanced and its number one feature is team objective which the various spinoffs have never even said was part of their development path.

I’m interested in their next project, I dont know if a true CMW2 will come anytime soon, there is only so much a new platform and improvements can actually improve the gameplay to attract a broader audience - perhaps indeed magic is needed.

• Oh yeah, TBS definitely can’t out do them. They only have a studio, a name, and a proven successful game.

The Mordhau team has this one in the bag, amirite? :^/

• @ToLazy4Name:

Oh yeah, TBS definitely can’t out do them. They only have a studio, a name, and a proven successful game.

The Mordhau team has this one in the bag, amirite? :^/

BLASPHEMY!

(10 characters)

• @Justin_Paplus:

It’s pretty sad to see that what made the success of a game is used by another team to make their own game. It won’t be easy for Torn Banner to work on Chiv 2 now. Mordhau seems solid technicaly and is developped on Unreal 4.

We gave TBS studio enough money to make their next game and they went in a cave and made “Deadliest warrior”.
    This was at a time there the community still beleaved this game to be salvageable. And as we know “Deadliest warrior” proved us wrong.

Anyway TBS missed the timing window to come out and publicly commit to a sequel.

• @TheFunnySide:

We gave TBS studio enough money to make their next game and they went in a cave and made “Deadliest warrior”.
    This was at a time there the community still beleaved this game to be salvageable. And as we know “Deadliest warrior” proved us wrong.

Anyway TBS missed the timing window to come out and publicly commit to a sequel.

Personally I wanted them to make another game on UE4 before chiv 2. Might as well get a practice run in first. And the unreal engine has always proved to be an highly modifiable engine if that makes sense. I mean UE3 came out in 2007 then you look at something like killing floor 2 on UE3. What possibilites does UE4 have if you delay a bit and get some experiance with it.

• @lemonater47:

Personally I wanted them to make another game on UE4 before chiv 2. Might as well get a practice run in first. And the unreal engine has always proved to be an highly modifiable engine if that makes sense. I mean UE3 came out in 2007 then you look at something like killing floor 2 on UE3. What possibilites does UE4 have if you delay a bit and get some experiance with it.

Games built on the late life of the last-gen engine are almost always better than the early ones made on the next new thing because of this. Just look at the first releases for new console platforms; they’re almost always terrible.

• oh boy look at those images, what a beautiful work those devs are doing…

I think that on the competitive aspect, TB will fail again, they are way to stubborn to make a b0lonce game, they don’t seem to listen to the community. This and they are bad at the game, they need to git gud really bad at their own game, so they have a clearer understanding of high level competitive play, which obviously wont happen.

BUT, I do believe that the casual side of the next game will be fucking amazing and probably even better then Mordhau, who knows. Things like voice acting, sounds, graphics, the fun factor in general etc. But you see, a lot of the fun factor of this game comes from the mechanics themselves, they create funny as fuck moments, thus Mordhau will also be very funny as well imo, having the benefit of not being full of magical shit.

I’ll go full Mordhau because 1) I like b0lonce and fair games that makes worth it to git gud 2) I hate magical shit, I’d rather science fiction or post apocalyptic setting then magical thing. I can’t stand Elder Scrolls for example, but I love fallout, bioshock, system shock etc.

To sum it up: mordhau when tbh

• Life inside and outside of Chivalry isn’t balanced.
    Go leave your milk in the sun and try to make ice cream.

• @Justin_Paplus:

It’s pretty sad to see that what made the success of a game is used by another team to make their own game.

Yes I couldn’t disagree more tbh. By your logic we’d be stuck with the batman tv series from the 60’s.
    They made the choice to leave Chivalry not the Community.

• @Vanguard:

oh boy look at those images, what a beautiful work those devs are doing…

I think that on the competitive aspect, TB will fail again, they are way to stubborn to make a b0lonce game, they don’t seem to listen to the community. This and they are bad at the game, they need to git gud really bad at their own game, so they have a clearer understanding of high level competitive play, which obviously wont happen.

BUT, I do believe that the casual side of the next game will be fucking amazing and probably even better then Mordhau, who knows. Things like voice acting, sounds, graphics, the fun factor in general etc. But you see, a lot of the fun factor of this game comes from the mechanics themselves, they create funny as fuck moments, thus Mordhau will also be very funny as well imo, having the benefit of not being full of magical shit.

I’ll go full Mordhau because 1) I like b0lonce and fair games that makes worth it to git gud 2) I hate magical shit, I’d rather science fiction or post apocalyptic setting then magical thing. I can’t stand Elder Scrolls for example, but I love fallout, bioshock, system shock etc.

To sum it up: mordhau when tbh

They do listen to The community that’s half the problem. Only those with problems speak. They fix those problems. A different group of people don’t like those changes and now you got a different bunch of people complaining about these changes. It’s a vicious cycle.

• They only solution is: Competitive devs that actually play their own game non-stop and are always ahead of other players.

Gotta feel your own game, TB.

• @lemonater47:

They do listen to The community that’s half the problem. Only those with problems speak. They fix those problems. A different group of people don’t like those changes and now you got a different bunch of people complaining about these changes. It’s a vicious cycle.

Well then you gotta see what group is complaining and why. If casuals complain about balance, well, honestly I think devs shouldn’t give too much fucks about it, because they are casuals, mostly are bad at the game and don’t even understand the mechanics. Notice that there are a lot of casual clans out there, so here is the tricky part: you gotta listen to the real competitive folks, for example the old Lions clan from EU, as some other clans from NA, EU and from other parts of the globe as well.

Theorycrafting is kinda important in this I believe, gotta have solid arguments and shit, and most importantly, acknowledge that balance is a process and you can’t simply drop balance and call it a day. If you are going to do that, one must have at least some sort of elite community group that can be trusted to handle the balance once the devs no longer want to do that, of course, debate with the community is fucking important here and at least to hear what people has to say (competitive or not, as some balance decisions could make the game “less fun”, maybe, idk, hear everyone just in case, this is where theorycraft that makes sense becomes really important).

This is only my opinion of course, but I think this game would be in a MUCH healthier condition if the balance process hadn’t halted and the community had the right tools to add lacking mechanics (like clashing, chambering, deal with b0ckswing problems, flinch issue, real archer b0lonce etc). We could have evolved so much, imagine what this game here could be.

Not only that, as it would be nice to see the community debating over the balance process and shit, I like that tbh

• The competitive community can’t agree on anything either. I mean you yourself are on the extreme end essentially wanting mercs made official.

Balance is is pretty good currently. You can’t call individual weapons OP anymore.

• Except archer primarys.

• Except maul hittrading warfare, and messer. Oh almost forgot, SOW, shortsword? Norse? The whole archer class?

I would say balance is pretty shitty right now. There is a good reason why tournaments are usually on mercs and not vanilla chiv.

• @Vanguard:

Except maul hittrading warfare, and messer. Oh almost forgot, SOW, shortsword? Norse? The whole archer class?

I would say balance is pretty shitty right now. There is a good reason why tournaments are usually on mercs and not vanilla chiv.

Isn’t mercs supposed to become vanilla chiv?