[MOD] Help with custom player meshes

• Hi, I’m trying to replace the player meshes with custom made meshes but it doesn’t seem to work.

Specifically I’m trying to replace the Mason Archer with this stormtrooper model, I already have it rigged and ingame.

I can test it in the editor by placing a AOCNPCSpawner actor and possessing it but I want to make a mod where they replace the actual player models.

This is how my ChivAdvCharacterInfo_Mason_Archer.uc file looks

/**
    * Copyright 2010-2013, Torn Banner Studios, All rights reserved
    * Original Author: Brady Brenot
    */
    class ChivAdvCharacterInfo_Mason_Archer extends AOCCharacterInfo_Mason_Archer;

defaultproperties
    {
        /** Pull this out into the Helmets etc. arrays */

MobileBattleCry=SoundCue'A_VO_Manual.Mason_Archer.Battlecry_Running_Mason_Archer'

CharacterMeshPath="CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper"
        DecapMeshPath="CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper"
        OwnerMeshPath="CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper"

HeadMaterialPath="CH_Stormtrooper.M_Stormtrooper"
        BodyMaterialPath="CH_Stormtrooper.M_Stormtrooper"

StandinMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper'
        StandinDecapMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper'
        StandinOwnerMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper'
        StandinHeadMaterial=MaterialInterface'CH_Stormtrooper.M_Stormtrooper'
        StandinBodyMaterial=MaterialInterface'CH_Stormtrooper.M_Stormtrooper'

PhysAsset=PhysicsAsset'CH_Stormtrooper.SK_Stormtrooper_Physics'

/** Ownership info **/

GearData=(GearNameID=MasonArcher)

AllowedTeams.Add(1)

Helmets.Empty

}

• Looking forward to star wars: zombofront.

• I worked on the model in the meantime.

Its ~13k tris, game ready model, now the game just needs to be ready :P

For the Empire!

• You have to set your own Customization classes and override some functions. Build off from this tutorial: https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23789595

• I followed the instructions and the models get replaced now, unfortunately the player camera is bugged. It doesnt follow the player at all. It just stays frozen in the map.

• Cinematic third-person view. Call it a feature.

• I’m not familiar with how the UE3/Chiv models work. Is there a particular (named?) bone/joint that needs to be in the head which the camera attaches to?

• @dudeface:

I’m not familiar with how the UE3/Chiv models work. Is there a particular (named?) bone/joint that needs to be in the head which the camera attaches to?

Thats what I was thinking as well, I’ll investigate it tomorrow.

• When you are testing use the console command: showdebug. Pay attention to the CharacterInfo and FamilyInfo and see if anything is showing up.

• To fix it all I had to do was copy the sockets from the chivalry models over to mine. Everything seems to work now, thanks for the help.

I just need to make a better rig.

• Maybe load up one of the Infection Mode maps in UDK and check out the relevant kismet

• I got all the code sorted out for now. Stay tuned!

• Did you model the stormtrooper model? Or was it also extracted from a different game?

• Nice looking models; asking myself the same as Glorb K.

• I found a free stormtrooper model on turbosquid, edited the crap out of it, made it into a game model and textured it.

• Hey zombijoe where did learn about rigging? And what program did you use. I’d eventually like to import some custom models for an anime mod.

• I just looked at some 3ds max tutorials.