Chivalry Community Brabble #12

• Developer

It’s a new year, a time for new beginnings and new players (from the just-ended Holiday Sale)… and with it comes a new Chivalry Community Brabble!

In this Brabble: teabaggery, homemade shields, and some hilarious comics!

A Moment of Beauty

Who can say where the road goes? Indeed. via BB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujVp0f732U

EU Charity Tournament

Members of the Chivalry subreddit have organized a New Year’s EU Charity Bash tournament in Chivalry! Coming up January 9-10, the event will be a 12 team 6v6 TO tournament with all of the proceeds going to charity. More details at r/chivalrygame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw-1oTvZj7Q

Bilbo Teabaggins

When a teabag saves your life

http://imgur.com/gallery/kOBG8yz/

I need an adult!

Having trouble with another player’s behaviour in Chivalry? Let our official server admins know about the riff raff!

Join the Official Server Admin group and follow this guide to help us all be friends.

Duel It Yourself

Amazing homemade Chivalry shield… now that’s commitment

A Knight in Distress

“The Knight Experience in a Nutshell” via artist Overlord.

Going Toe to Toe!

Hilarious duel on PS4 Chivalry… it’s Lord Thistlepistle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzkUAWfTL8c&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z13tjx4hfo22v1dii04cfjwbkxzoihg4nas

Seen Some Sht*

This MAA has seen more death than you will ever know… via ToshiCMW

https://i.imgur.com/zXW0vy7.gifv

Commuuuuuuuuunity

185,000 members and counting! Join the Chivalry Steam Community, our top spot for Chivalry content & discussion.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/219640

Dental Plan!

Don’t brush too hard, kids. Another hilarious art piece by Overlord.

Oy Oy Mate!

Did you get coal, or perhaps a spiked maul in your Christmas stocking? Send us your content!

How to share:

Steam Community
    Community Content thread on the Torn Banner forum
    Subreddit
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Twitter
    Chivalry or Torn Banner on Facebook

Need to speak to a server admin about the player community in Chivalry? Join the Official Server Admin group and follow this guide.

• When are xbox votekicks going to be fixed?

When are archers going to be nerfed to make 80% of the community happy?

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

When are xbox votekicks going to be fixed?

When are archers going to be nerfed to make 80% of the community happy?

I mean more people complain about teamkills than archers. Remove team damage?

Maybe we could have console moderators.

• 50% team damage and no team flinch. We are already there mate.

• That shield is cool :)

• @lemonater47:

Suggested console moderators…… didn’t seem to get any support. Could be VERY helpful though

• @lemonater47:

xbox one is a completely different beast, people votekick for ANY reason, it is not related to team damage. They vote because an opponent killed them, they vote even if someone has 5% team damage. The votekicks just flow and you spend half your time voting no, it is completely ridiculous.

btw have you even played CMW on xbox one or are you falling into your old habits?

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

xbox one is a completely different beast, people votekick for ANY reason, it is not related to team damage. They vote because an opponent killed them, they vote even if someone has 5% team damage. The votekicks just flow and you spend half your time voting no, it is completely ridiculous.

btw have you even played CMW on xbox one or are you falling into your old habits?

Wait so you don’t want console moderators?

• Banned

@lemonater47:

Wait so you don’t want console moderators?

plz give us console mods I beg.

• I think he means that mods will make no difference in stopping votekicks. You can’t tell who initiates the kick and people will spam till it passes.

• @Naleaus:

I think he means that mods will make no difference in stopping votekicks. You can’t tell who initiates the kick and people will spam till it passes.

thank you.

not sure admins are even possible on the xbox, I only care about restricting the flow of votes. The way it is now it is pointless using xbox to get good - you will only get votekicked out so I have returned to PC which has a more mature community.

• Global Moderator

Um yeah it does. I don’t even get to use my admin powers becuase everyone knows who I am so they all behave themselves when I’m around. Which is why most moderators generally try to keep the fact that they are a moderator a secret of sorts. The only time I get to do anything is when someone in the moderator chat requests assistance and I get to surprise everyone.

Moderators on console would only mean less votekicks. Not more. And arguably not the same amount as before. It would just take a bit more effort to get moderator working on the console. But it can be done.

• @lemonater47:

Um yeah it does. I don’t even get to use my admin powers becuase everyone knows who I am so they all behave themselves when I’m around. Which is why most moderators generally try to keep the fact that they are a moderator a secret of sorts. The only time I get to do anything is when someone in the moderator chat requests assistance and I get to surprise everyone.

Moderators on console would only mean less votekicks. Not more. And arguably not the same amount as before. It would just take a bit more effort to get moderator working on the console. But it can be done.

Things on console mods can help with:

-spamming vote kicks
    -stopping all the salt in game chats
    -hackers and modders (seen a speed hacker before)
    -people abusing glitches on maps
    -exploits
    -high ping on servers

All of this would be done faster than Microsoft could do it. Given that the mods would be able to see players regions, who vote kicks who and other things like that

• Microsoft tends to not give a fuck anyways…… seriously though, they don’t do a whole lot of enforcing their games.

• Global Moderator

@Firecracker999:

Things on console mods can help with:

-spamming vote kicks
    -stopping all the salt in game chats
    -hackers and modders (seen a speed hacker before)
    -people abusing glitches on maps
    -exploits
    -high ping on servers

All of this would be done faster than Microsoft could do it. Given that the mods would be able to see players regions, who vote kicks who and other things like that

Exploits? What exploits. As I assumed exploits were abusing glitches on maps.

• @lemonater47:

Exploits? What exploits. As I assumed exploits were abusing glitches on maps.

Like someone switching classes in the enemy spawn to get back to full health…… Things of that nature

• Or even people using the Shield glitch and text chat to mess with grunts while attacking. Attacking without grunting or grunting even though you feinted…… right now there is a glitch with feints and grunts. If you feint at the right time and you’ve been comboing then your character will grunt even though you feinted.

• You can’t purposefully do things like grunting while feinting, using shield exploits, invisible swings, and delayed hits on purpose but there are things you can do to make them more likely to happen.

I’ve heard some people say a “grunt feint” but I’m not sure that’s what they are referring to, either way it’s pretty annoying and makes it hard to read feints from fast weapons.

• Global Moderator

Grunt feints happen in deadloest warrior all the time haven’t rrally seen them on the PC version of MW.

• Unless mods sit on every server cancelling votes, they will serve no purpose. All of this is moot anyways, I sincerely doubt they’d make a change of that sort for the ports, as they still haven’t fixed server lag which is a much more annoying issue to me.