The Worst Weapon in Chivalry

• Okay, I’ll admit. This is a bit of a hate thread. But I feel like this needs to be said. I’ve have come across this weapon a bunch of times in Chivalry, and it has always managed to tick me off… it’s the Brandistock. For one, the weapon is just weird. It’s not very long, and it’s quite slow. But other than that, the weapon does insane amounts of damage. This might sound good, and I suppose it IS for the person using it. But most of the time, the people who use the Brandistock are noobs who only know how to hit you with the shaft of the weapon (Right trigger). And this attack does WAY too much damage. I was three-shotted once as a Vanguard by another Vanguard using this weapon. The Brandistock needs to be nerfed like no other. Post what you think is the worst weapon in Chivalry, and why. :disturbed:

• Brandistock and spears in general are already nerfed due to their inability to combo. Once you remove their range advantage, its easy to maintain initiative, and if they miss it can be a free hit due to no cftp. The slash could probably be slower, but I think they did that already awhile back and it used to be faster. Can’t remember.

As for most hated weapon, typically anything an Archer uses while I’m killing melee. Then messer/maul just due to lack of flinch and hit trades.

• I haven’t spent much time with any of the pole weapons, they lack a certain…something. Although I score well with the Messer it DOES rely on hit trades, and it’s too short. The Maul hit trades and deals wicked damage, but is so slow it really takes some practice.
    The weapons I hate to face are all of the archery gear…especially when the Archer knows all of the glitch spots to climb into. (Count Greylord, Landshark) They start on that crap and I often just leave game. Ragequit? Not really…just no point in feeding someone’s score with such unsportsmanlike tactics.

• Everything in man at arms arsenal except the holy water sprinkler…

Seriously, man at arms is at a huge disavantage in this game, most of the players are vanguards and knights with high damage long weapons and a lot of armor.

What does the man at arms have… the dash?.. is that all?.. yes

Compared to a vanguard and knights arsenal, they can 2 hit you, they can resist much more, they have better weapons.

Not to mention that considering the population of the game are vanguards and knights, the man at arms most effective weapon agaisn’t them are blunt… as in again, the holy water sprinkler, thats the only weapon that is deadly agaisn’t them, thats all though.

There are still weapons that do more damage and have much more range than the sprinkler in other classes, the sprinkler only has speed and stab.

The Man at arms should receive a boost to be more viable right now, cause right now is the most easily killeable, squishy, much worse weapons compared to other classes, and overall its just not easy to play as them.

Everyone goes around with a Long Z Vanguard and can easily outrange you, yes your faster, but you rely more on skill, having to block as a law because one hit and your health is down completely.

I don’t understand how anyone thought it was a good idea to give them such combinations, their barely considered a threat right now, everyone sees a man at arms and immediately run towards him knowing hes so squishy.

• Fork is by far the worst primary weapon in the game. Lacks damage and range. It’s only good attack is the spammy slashes that tend to interrupt a lot of swings. Maybe it’s just me but this weapon is very hard to use and easier then every other weapon to fight against. Spear or brandistock is a much better choice.

• Only reason I’ve picked up the brandistock is to be an anti-brandistocker. Fire vs Fire.

• @Firecracker999:

Fork is by far the worst primary weapon in the game. Lacks damage and range. It’s only good attack is the spammy slashes that tend to interrupt a lot of swings. Maybe it’s just me but this weapon is very hard to use and easier then every other weapon to fight against. Spear or brandistock is a much better choice.

I used to use spear weapons all the time, and I tried using the Fork… I agree, it is almost impossible to use it.

• Brandistock is really strong, wait till console people learn how to drag the underhand stab, if you guys haven’t already seen this shit. You riposte a few accelerated slashes, then riposte a delayed underhand. Id recommend spear for those who want to fuck with brandistock, more range, better timing, 2 shot vanguards and has a panic inducing slash riposte at close range.

Or just bait him to attack you, force him miss due range or your footwork, and rekt him with anything really, he is forced into recovery and there is no way around this, other then your mistakes or godlike footwork by the brandi man. Its way easier to outplay a spear class user then a sword, or other polearms that can combo. Whats really strong imo is the Halberd, zweihander drags + spear range, pretty gud weapon, you become assist king with halberd due crazy ass targetswitching that you can do because combos + range. Not to mention the zweihander itself, its like a halberd with better animations and high as fuck damage.

Worst weapon imo is the flails tbh. Thats real shit tier

• @Vanguard:

Brandistock is really strong, wait till console people learn how to drag the underhand stab, if you guys haven’t already seen this shit. You riposte a few accelerated slashes, then riposte a delayed underhand. Id recommend spear for those who want to fuck with brandistock, more range, better timing, 2 shot vanguards and has a panic inducing slash riposte at close range.

Many players do this already

Addybear
    G0mble
    Skellington

Just to name a few

• Even the Zweihander is great for dragging the stabs

• @Firecracker999:

Many players do this already

Addybear
    G0mble
    Skellington

Just to name a few

Thanks for the nod! Yeah, I drag the shit out of my pokes. In all honesty though, my baby, the brandistock, can be handled, you just have to be patient or force me to make mistakes. Due to the brandistock inability to combo one miss can screw the user up big time. The greatest strength of this weapon is also it’s greatest weakness, the poke has a tiny hit box. This allows you to sneak past people’s guard, even with a shield if done right, but this also means it’s easy to miss if you do it wrong.

• This post is deleted!

• Banned

The best weapon on the game is the war bow, If used correctly. A good player using war bow will turn the best knight melee fighter on the field into a much slower, bloody vanguard with half of a sword after one landed shot. He doesn’t even need to get close. A good archer can hide behind his teams best melee fighter and lay in 4-5 arrows every 10 seconds at the enemy.

• Banned

^this fact is pretty sad. Especially when you consider that the archer is meant to be a “support” class. It is not meant to completely destroy the best melee fighters from 30 yards out. TB put all this effort into real-time striking mechanics and shit, all that goes out the window when your getting hit from 30-40 yards right after a respawn.

• @I:

^this fact is pretty sad. Especially when you consider that the archer is meant to be a “support” class. It is not meant to completely destroy the best melee fighters from 30 yards out. TB put all this effort into real-time striking mechanics and shit, all that goes out the window when your getting hit from 30-40 yards right after a respawn.

Historically speaking though the archer should be a major FU to the vanguard and knight. I’m honestly surprised at how poor the longbow is. England used the longbow to incredible effect in the medieval era, it’s a big reason why the French could never get a good foothold on English soil. They would be met by a line of bodkin longbow men guarded by dismounted knights and billmen and the effect was quite devastating. With that in mind, I’m not surprised with how devastating archers can be in Chivalry.

• You must have played medieval II Total War.

• @King:

You must have played medieval II Total War.

Hahahaha, yeah but that’s not where that knowledge comes from. I like games involving these periods because I genuinely enjoy the history of those times. I grew up in a family that was obsessed with learning about the past so it kind of rubbed off a bit. The Total War games screw a fair bit up but they are good none the less. Im also not saying those were the bulk of forces, merely stating their effectivness. If I have this wrong though please do be sure to correct me, i did not grow up in the UK so I’m sure a local would have far better knowledge. :)

• @Vanguard:

Worst weapon imo is the flails tbh. Thats real shit tier

I mean… the flails can be such an over-powered weapon, because the animations are super weird, and can confuse the hell out of your opponent.

• @Half-Widow:

I mean… the flails can be such an over-powered weapon, because the animations are super weird, and can confuse the hell out of your opponent.

What about someone who knows the animations though…… then your better off going with a maul or even a mace

• Honestly, despite liking spears in general, my vote for worst weapon would have to be the fork. Too short to fulfill it’s purpose, not enough damage, and like it’s brethren it can not combo. It is an absolutely terrible weapon imo.