What The Duel Community Wants

• Yea, these are easy fixes that would make a lot of people happy

• RageRiderRed approves of this motion.

• Thank god someone has finally called out these flaws. All the fixes seem easy enough to put into effect and would greatly improve the dueling scene. Plz TB

• I fully back this.

However, a bug that is very apparent in Duels is the resetting of chatbox on team switches. Since duel mode uses team switching to set opponent players, it is almost impossible to write a message sometimes as it resets or even glitches out and disables chat entirely. I’ve had to adapt to using the say command in console as it persists through team changes. Every single time I play, at least one person complains about it. This would be a nice issue to have fixed and it would provide a nice additional polish to Chivalry.

Additionally, a pleasant minor addition would be to change winner logic for AOCDuel Gamemode. Currently, its going by first to ten, where a more applicable method would be first to ten with a buffer for Win/Loss Ratio. Almost every other game ends with two players at 10 wins, the checker should consider who has the least loses and in a tie use the first to win. Additionally, it should have a cache for the leaving player or move down to the next player for when the winning player leaves the game, which currently results in the game being considered a “Draw”. This would take less than 30 minutes to write, if TB has any interest I’d be happy to make the logic for it using the distributed source for AOCDuel gamemode.

Thanks for making this post Sheep and voicing the concerns of the community.

• @Sheepdude:

1. Shield-less Options for Men-At-Arms (and everyone)

This, so much this.

Having a shield makes it nearly impossible to duck attacks. More subtly, it makes blocking side attacks much harder (especially heater shield.) It also makes it much harder to sidestep attacks/generally use footwork. It’s a huge effect, you might not notice on your own but once someone points it out to you you’ll never stop being annoyed at all the times you die because you had a shield.

• Preach it brother.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Definitely on board with all of the changes proposed by Sheep, especially the stat function.

• Very reasonable requests, would love to see TB’s feedback.

• ABSOLUTELY. All of this, especially stats being broken, severely degrade the quality of duel mode. Most of the best players I know are wholly or mostly duel players, and I myself hate that so much in duels seems to get the short straw when it comes to quality.

• I fully support this. Since the beginning these are things people have been bringing up constantly. You have a faithful community that plays this game and their voices are trying to be heard. Will you rise to the occasion?

• The chat bug is a huge one I totally agree needs to be fixed. Chatting in general when you’re in any situation where you might spawn (basically anytime you’re not too busy to use chat) causes problems, spacebar can exit chat for some reason, messages can get frozen, etc. etc. etc.

• Not much to say- agree with everything in both the main post from Sheep as well as the comments

• Why would you play the official duel mode when FFA duels are far superior in every way?

• I am so alright with this, please fix this TB X_X

• I like both modes.

FFA duel mode is great for all the obvious reasons.

Duel mode I find more relaxing and less chaotic. You can focus on 1 enemy and take a break if you want between fights.
    Many an hour has slipped by where i have fought some, made some food, sat back and spectated a couple of duels, chatted a little , fought some more, etc.

I think its a valid game mode and a good one.

• @Raf:

Seconded. Some of these seem like pretty simple fixes.

hahahaha, like a fix being easy would make TB do it.

• I agree completely, especially about the duel stats. They have been broken for far too long.

• @Glassfan:

I like both modes.

FFA duel mode is great for all the obvious reasons.

Duel mode I find more relaxing and less chaotic. You can focus on 1 enemy and take a break if you want between fights.
    Many an hour has slipped by where i have fought some, made some food, sat back and spectated a couple of duels, chatted a little , fought some more, etc.

I think its a valid game mode and a good one.

Having a potato PC, this TB duel mode is the only place where I can get stable 50fps lmao. I’m full biased towards this game mode and I agree with your suggestions tbh