We really need more content.

• I’ve played both Medieval Warfare and Deadliest warrior, and I by far enjoy Deadliest Warrior more. Look on Steam, the highest rated reviews for Medieval Warfare are negative, and for Deadliest Warrior, are positive.

The main problem with Deadliest Warrior, however, is the fact that it’s lacking in content.

You could easily port the Medieval Warfare maps into Deadliest Warrior, since users have payed for BOTH games, that isn’t unreasonable. Same with the knights weapons, if you just change some of the values and remove the special attacks.

Deadliest warrior is now starting to grow in popularity from what I see in the Steam servers, and I think it’s about time to freshen up the game.

I’m very aware an update for the game is already in the works, but it doesnt seem to be more than just a bunch of fixes and tweaks.

Devs, I know you’re reading this, so please just add more content to Deadliest Warrior, like everybody keeps asking.

-A huge TornBanner fan

• Steam review ratings are rather inconsistent and unreliable. It’s fine to like one game more than the other, but you need to find a less flimsy argument to support DW, I think ;)

• Alright. The mechanics work better, the game is much more smooth, and runs better than MW. DW is widely considered more fun. DW is more varied. DW has a satisfying learning curve on how to hit enemies, and the tracer tutorial was fun as hell. I’m not going to keep going, I’m just jumping back ingame now lol

• DW isn’t “widely considered” more fun though. I think it’s quite the opposite, in fact. It has significantly less players than MW for a reason. Lack of combo feint makes the mechanics silly IMHO. Despite its larger number of classes it feels less varied at times.

Of course one of those reasons, I’m sure, is the lack of TO mode. So yes, your original point still stands. It needs more content (TO maps, specifically). But as far as I know TB said they wouldn’t add TO to DW, which is more the pity.

• We don’t really need TO mode in DW. Deadliest Warrior plays different than Medieval Warfare. More content, some of the Original maps, more weapons and cosmetics, and a higher level cap, and the entire DW playerbase would be satisfied. We’ve been asking for over a year, so I don’t think it’s a bad idea to finally show the fans of their games that they can listen. Thanks for the fast replies, by the way.

• Since they share the same codebase not really sure why TO was not easily added to DW. TO with a mix of classes would be cool I suppose.

DW has some features like knocking away projectiles that would make MW great. But the combat is crap, in MW it is very precise and not a random slash fest. I am sure there are other reasons but DW I just could never get into, it just wasnt the same quality.

• I dunno, it’s really subjective.

I, along with nearly all of my friends, prefer DW for that frantic combat. It is precise, if you time correctly, and so on. Just players remember the tracers in the tutorial, so they swing like mad. lol.

• @BBQ_Boysnuff:

Same with the knights weapons, if you just change some of the values and remove the special attacks.

What special attacks?

@BBQ_Boysnuff:

We don’t really need TO mode in DW. Deadliest Warrior plays different than Medieval Warfare. More content, some of the Original maps, more weapons and cosmetics, and a higher level cap, and the entire DW playerbase would be satisfied.

“We don’t really need more content in DW. What we need is more content.”

Also, what level cap? How high do you think it goes and how long does it take to attain it for one class, let alone all of them?

If MW, which is the more popular and supported game, doesn’t get any new weapons, don’t hold your breath about getting more in DW.

• @dudeface:

Despite its larger number of classes it feels less varied at times.

How so? I don’t really feel this. I think it’s pretty varied to be honest.

@gregcau:

But the combat is crap, in MW it is very precise and not a random slash fest.

That’s extremely subjective. I don’t think the combat is crap. The main problem is the lack of balance in the game and some of the bugs. The weapons need a few tweaks and CFTP needs to be added (next update?). Other than that the combat is great in my opinion. Don’t know what you mean with random slash fest, I’ve been in a lot of incidents in CMW where a bunch of players went around spamming lmb at me, if that’s what you mean.

I kind of think of CDW as an unpolished diamond. Like a really dirty diamond with ruff edges and nicks in it. The game concept is fucking amazing, who doesn’t want to play like the warriors that are available as classes? And with CMW type combat? Yes please. It’s just so buggy and unbalanced that it throws the playerbase off. I can list so many bugs about the game it’s ridiculous. One of them breaks the idea of leveling up different classes (and therefore removing some progression in the game). Sometimes when you switch class your level will be transfered over to the lower lvl class. Like, I reached 50 with Knight and somehow I’m also 50 with Samurai, even though I haven’t played it as much as knight. I also keep seeing people complain about being oneshotted by the blunderbuss glitch or about the plant the banner gamemode breaking, it must really drive a lot of players off the game. If it was just in some kind of acceptable condition, I’m sure more people would play it. Especially if they added a little bit more content, like BBQ_Boysnuff suggested.

• @BBQ_Boysnuff:

Alright. The mechanics work better, the game is much more smooth, and runs better than MW. DW is widely considered more fun. DW is more varied. DW has a satisfying learning curve on how to hit enemies, and the tracer tutorial was fun as hell. I’m not going to keep going, I’m just jumping back ingame now lol

Don’t listen to most of these people. They are MW fan boys that want DW to be identical to MW. However also don’t get your hopes up, I doubt DW will ever be receiving new content of any sort.