Exploit on Offical FFA servers

• Bring a thread back to life? We are only talking about a 2 week break in posting, it would’t even qualify as a necromancer post.
    As far as I can see no arguing or shouting was going on either it, Its my opinion somebody removed it out of spite upset by me
    on some prior unrelated thing. Not good is it tbh. That kind of spite hehe. I do thank you both for looking at it.

• Global Moderator

@loin

2 months according to steam lol. I can see.

• @Reithur said:

@Crum1y If you use the Admin Group Chat, you can often find a mod in there; that’s the best way to get help immediately.

Can you please link me to the threads you’ve made on the admin group?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin/discussions/0/412448792370576291/?tscn=1457828505
    that’s one. i made the thread and never bothered uploading the video afterwards because i know nobody from a moderator group cares.

http://plays.tv/video/56a847225521a437a5/green-arrow-is-guy-cheating-with-extra-fire-pots?from=user
    that’s a video i emailed to TB support about a different user of the exploit. You replied with:
    Subject: Re: Cheater on official FFA server

Did he say what admin command he was using?

We have been trying to track down the cause of this bug.

—Torn Banner Studios

He still plays all the time. In that steam thread I linked you can see him making fun of the situation and growing his popularity.

• @Reithur said:

@Crum1y If you use the Admin Group Chat, you can often find a mod in there; that’s the best way to get help immediately.

Also I think it’s a “lets just avoid this problem” when you say something like “can you link me a thread”, considering the admin group gets a new post very rarely and mine is #3 using the same user name as here. Almost like you actually have never looked at that group.

• Global Moderator

I think TB is More concerned with fixing the exploit. Rather than banning the sod who found it. Banning one person doesn’t solve the problem you see. And TB wants to solve the problem so NO ONE can do this again. Because on your thread on steam apparently 2 different people are doing this. Might I add that these two different people don’t seem to know each other either according to steam.

So that may involve asking these individuals how they are throwing all those firepots. Fix the root of the issue. Banning one person will mean others will find and use this exploit. Looking at the bigger picture.

Not to mention your evidence was flawed anyway lol. You had a video of one person doing it. Yet a Steam ID of somebody entirely different. We can’t use that to ban anyone. Cos when we ban we ban from the ENTIRE GAME. So you see why we need solid evidence. I mean you wouldn’t like it if you were banned just because someone said so and posted a completely unrelated video.

• @Crum1y said:

@Reithur said:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin/discussions/0/412448792370576291/?tscn=1457828505
    that’s one. i made the thread and never bothered uploading the video afterwards because i know nobody from a moderator group cares.

http://plays.tv/video/56a847225521a437a5/green-arrow-is-guy-cheating-with-extra-fire-pots?from=user
    that’s a video i emailed to TB support about a different user of the exploit. You replied with:

—Torn Banner Studios

He still plays all the time. In that steam thread I linked you can see him making fun of the situation and growing his popularity.

I was not the one to respond to that email, though I will investigate further.
    We have learned more since then. The admin command for “infinite throwables” was a development test command accidentally left in the game. It will be disabled in the next update; you can try this out by launching the Patch Testing version of Chivalry and attempting the command in FFA mode.

@Crum1y said:

@Reithur said:

Also I think it’s a “lets just avoid this problem” when you say something like “can you link me a thread”, considering the admin group gets a new post very rarely and mine is #3 using the same user name as here. Almost like you actually have never looked at that group.

If I was trying to “avoid the problem” I would simply ignore this thread instead of asking for more information.

• @lemonater47 said:

I think TB is More concerned with fixing the exploit. Rather than banning the sod who found it. Banning one person doesn’t solve the problem you see. And TB wants to solve the problem so NO ONE can do this again. Because on your thread on steam apparently 2 different people are doing this. Might I add that these two different people don’t seem to know each other either according to steam.

So that may involve asking these individuals how they are throwing all those firepots. Fix the root of the issue. Banning one person will mean others will find and use this exploit. Looking at the bigger picture.

Not to mention your evidence was flawed anyway lol. You had a video of one person doing it. Yet a Steam ID of somebody entirely different. We can’t use that to ban anyone. Cos when we ban we ban from the ENTIRE GAME. So you see why we need solid evidence. I mean you wouldn’t like it if you were banned just because someone said so and posted a completely unrelated video.

sigh I mentioned how the steam id and that thread i didn’t bother to make a video of because i knew you weren’t going to punish him anyway, making the thread was pointless i mostly just did it to document more times of cheaters getting away with it.

the video is of Green Arrow whose steam ID is the who replied to my thread.

2 separate occasions.
    #1 green arrow with the video, i emailed you guys, this was before i knew you needed steam id’s but here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103343589

#2 godfrey of boullion was doing it, i made the thread with his steam id and since i know he won’t be punished i was frustrated and didn’t bother making the video.

Yes I understand asking about the exploit. In fact in my email I suggested you do exactly that…
    From January 28:
    “He did not, I didn’t ask. He has played for years, if you ask him he might tell you. Especially if you threaten him. You have the proof he exploits it.”

Also you seem to be implying you think that maybe there are very very few users of said exploit, or that punishing a player might remove your chance to fix the exploit. These guys didn’t invent it, it’s been happening that I’ve seen for over 4 months by a wide variety of players. There was one guy who could throw throwing axes using it with no cool down or wind up, just machine gun them out. Green Arrow didn’t find it…

Basically what I’ve seen here is you saying you won’t punish exploiters. Why would you ban 1 person? Why not ban them all? What does it matter if the two people know each other? I know many chiv players from playing with them for years, I don’t add them to steam for no reason. Why even bring that up? I’ve seen other players explain in game chat how to enter the command.

You think there’s some 2 man group using this? That’s kinda what I’m getting here, you think there’s a cheating circle. … lol…

If I understand right you missed the fact that I sent the email in January regarding Green Arrow? Like how I mentioned it numerous times in this thread, you didn’t read that and are now saying a secondary steam thread about a separate incident negates the video I emailed you 40 days prior?

• @Reithur said:

@Crum1y said:

@Reithur said:

—Torn Banner Studios

I was not the one to respond to that email, though I will investigate further.
    We have learned more since then. The admin command for “infinite throwables” was a development test command accidentally left in the game. It will be disabled in the next update; you can try this out by launching the Patch Testing version of Chivalry and attempting the command in FFA mode.

@Crum1y said:

@Reithur said:

If I was trying to “avoid the problem” I would simply ignore this thread instead of asking for more information.

I see you post on the steam group after I make the thread. Not saying for sure you saw it, but you saw some other thread and replied to it, and ignored mine. Now we’re here and you’re asking for the link like it’s not in the top 1-3 spots on the steam group.
    I apologize for accusing you of avoiding the problem. It just really looks that way from here…

alt text

• @Crum1y Lemonator is an official moderator, but does not have access to emails that are sent to contact@tornbanner.com; only developers have access to this, and I have only been a developer for 3 weeks.

You’ve got multiple pieces of information scattered across a few locations. Thank you for attempting to clarify this by putting it into one place; I will investigate this and take action as required. I ask that you not be offended if I ask for further clarification.

I strongly advise you to seek help while an issue is still occurring by joining the admin’s group chat rather than giving up immediately thinking that nobody will help you; we cannot help you if you do not ask for help. Angry or frustrated posts lacking the necessary information do not help us help you since we cannot act on a person without sufficient evidence.

As I stated above, the exploit is fixed in a new update that will be released to live soon.

• Thanks for your time & effort and good luck in your new role.