[Mac OS X] Game hangs indefinitely on initial loading screen on Retina Macbook

• Hello,

This game looks really fun, but all i have is a macbook and I just noticed it’s now been released for mac, so I bought it. And while it may run it badly, i think i’ve got good enough specs to play on low settings at least, however i can’t even get the game to launch… Apologies if this has been posted before but this forum wont let me search for ‘mac’ or ‘os x’.

After the unreal tournament logo appears, the blue loading screen with the keyboard/keybinds appears and just hangs indefinitely, never loads (I left it for an hour… no dice) and eventually brings up the Spinning Beachball of Death, and I have to force quit.

I can’t believe it to be honest, i know it hasn’t been out for mac that long, but this seems like something that would have been ironed out in development. Obviously it must be an issue specific to my macbook model or El Capitan or something, but it’s bumming me out and I don’t know what I can do! And playing on a pc isn’t an option unfortunately.

Has anyone got any solutions or ideas?

Specs -
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
    Mid 2012 Retina Macbook Pro 10,1
    Intel i7 2.3GHz

edit. One week later, not a single comment? Rubbish. Shame on the developers for ignoring such a prevalent and persistent problem literally months and months later. Sigh…