Advanced Combat Moves are really just flaws in the engine and unrealistic

• well I’ve never tried cod? I did have call of duty on the ps2 that first game was good with sgt church? most annoying Ai
    ever made. INfact often the time was spent trying to get him killed. To dominate games without using anything but the
    basic hit trade parry etc still takes lots of skills esp when dealing with the uber move types tbh. Even with all those
    weird moves , when in the right mood none of them can beat me at all. What they needed was a freestyle version
    were anything goes, giving players the option. Quake3 had an osp version for the elitists back in the day but the normal
    version was still used for fun on pubs. etc

• One way to take out dragging would be to make parrying infinite but make them have to be more precise.

But I don’t want that to happen. I like the way the combat system is designed ……

except for the vanguard charge BS. Looks tucking retarded and doesn’t even work. Might as well just give all classes a lunging attack when they hold down their stab button to replace the vanguard charge. Except they need to take out the whole 10 yard leap that they do.

• Indeed at least you were not here for those 5 months when Torn banner left the 50 yard leap
    vanguards got on the Christmas eve tbh. It could even be considered it was done on purpose
    as a gift to the vans. One to many sherry’s at the Xmas party perhaps a naughty developer
    put in 100 instead of 10 yard dash hehe. What about easy mode or hardcore mode selectable
    on menu, which has servers filtered accordingly. If players feel ready to deal out punishment
    or elitist then they can join the hardcore servers. If not a range of less challenging servers.
    As it is players are just leaving because they can’t deal with the hardcore skilled players.
    Just ideas tbh, The low rank servers were a good idea imo. Why even the config settings
    could be switched by the game if joining easy servers or hardcore freestyle ones. limiting
    certain moves parameters at load time as you connect to server, I am sure its easy to do
    a developer might have already looked at this.

• Vanguard charge is an abomination even when it is working as intended.

• As a fairly good Vanguard, I wouldn’t mind if Charge was never an option. It fucks up my rhythm and most of the time I have to pull it into the ground 'cause some dumbass on my team wanders into the way.

• don’t laugh but its the one thing I have never managed to do, a vanguard charge. I tried it in training mode plus
    even on a game vs bots one day. Perhaps left handed players can do charges ;p

• Does more team damage than good tbh I don’t even use it as a vanguard.

• I dunno about the console, but on the PC you can unbind it (which I did right away when they added that option). Still doesn’t save me from being hit by like 20 teammate charges per round, of course.

• @dudeface:

I dunno about the console, but on the PC you can unbind it (which I did right away when they added that option). Still doesn’t save me from being hit by like 20 teammate charges per round, of course.

I use controller for both ports so I can’t do that unfortunately. I can only refrain from doing slash attack while running XD

• Charge attack is only fun to fuck with archers. In this moment they are a glorious mechanic, other situations its pure cancer. Some people do a very good delayed sword charge attack that I find hard as fuck to read sometimes lmao

• @dudeface:

I dunno about the console, but on the PC you can unbind it (which I did right away when they added that option). Still doesn’t save me from being hit by like 20 teammate charges per round, of course.

On console if you slash (even an alt) you do the gay charge. Messes me up VERY much h