The Grand Mace.

• It’s the same range and damage at least on PS4. Range may feel less due to lower FoV maybe?

• @Naleaus:

It’s the same range and damage at least on PS4. Range may feel less due to lower FoV maybe?

Possibly. I forgot you can’t change fov on console.

• I just haven’t spent much time with pole arms, only what was required to unlock them. Didn’t really like them…in the right hands they’re as deadly as anything.
    The Maul isn’t shitty at all…with some practice. But I sure took a beating while I got used to it- even more than the Flail.
    My point is, 3/4 of any random fighters are using swords. I like to use the less common weapons.

• @Gnarlydude:

I just haven’t spent much time with pole arms, only what was required to unlock them. Didn’t really like them…in the right hands they’re as deadly as anything.
    The Maul isn’t shitty at all…with some practice. But I sure took a beating while I got used to it- even more than the Flail.
    My point is, 3/4 of any random fighters are using swords. I like to use the less common weapons.

You’re just like nacho samurai he’s always using the unconventional, unorthodox weapons lol. Yeah sword can get boring sometimes :P

• OP, GM is a very good weapon, especially against knights, specifically SoW gamblers. Has better timing then maul, that means you aren’t forced so much in defensive and you can gamble better as well.

Use the stab, that is fucking fast. Use it a lot in ripostes, then instead of riposting, you delay a alt overhead. But you gotta make it look like you are actually riposting, so get your timings right and alt overhead as soon as the “riposte window” ends. This confuses a shitload of people and is a VERY viable tactic, especially with vanguard polearms and that beautiful alt overhead it has, that attack is GREAT to delay lmao, really funny tbh.

Backswings are quite fast as well, the trick with this weapon is, it got some fast attacks and some pretty good delay as well, make your opponent get used to the fast attacks, then throw delayed ones. Slashes are also pretty good, delayed and accelerated. Since it has maul animations, you can hide what you are doing quite well. For example, some people look up to delay the overhead even before the windup, its fucking obvious what they are trying to do, so don’t do that. The animations favor subtle drags, you know the “foot drag”, where you delay the overhead and hit your opponent in the foot? The one where instead of looking up to delay, you turn to the side, away from your opponent, then at the end of the animation you bring back to his feet. Thats a good attack with Gmace.

You are only going to have problems against Polearms Vanguards, GOOD halberdiers are your worse nightmare, spear as well. But in general its a great weapon, really good and fun to use. Its like a b0lonced maul that its not on broken levels of OP, practice a lot with it and you will see how EZ it is to play maul.

• Imo it’s a crap weapon because:

• Only a bit more range than maul (it has even less range than its visual implicates).
    • Low dragability
    • No handle tracers, which means at facehug range, you will often attack through your enemy without hitting them.

• @INerevar:

Imo it’s a crap weapon because:

• No handle tracers, which means at facehug range, you will often attack through your enemy without hitting them.

I scream IRL when I’m one hit a way from beating someone but it ghosts through them and I get killed.

• Like the Maul, and to a certain extent the Double Axe, a good strike is to left overhead as you run by the opponents left- timing and range is critical. Done right, you miss the hit trade as long as you don’t turn around to strike again. Reposte stab is pretty good, as well as the old “feint r slash to l overhead ankle smash”.

• @Gnarlydude maul feels like it had more range cause of itsome slowness. You can queue a hit and have it last much longer giving you more time to run from point A to B

• Okay, it’s been about a month since I picked up the Grand Mace.
    Nowadays, it’s my “go to” weapon against Knights. It’s a pretty well rounded weapon, once I got the hang of it.
    Aye, Vanguards with pole arms are hard to fight- and Men at Arms are mostly too quick to hit…but that’s where the secondary weapons come in.
    I think that the G Mace does best against a crowd.