Knight Armor Tier System (theory and discussion thread)

• Hi all :)

I noticed recently that there was a level 60 wearing a purple/pink helm and I had a bit of a revelation about making knight game play “realistic” while rewarding dedicated knights moving through the ranks.

I’ll first say that one thing that bothers me about default and dlc armors from a realistic perspective is that some armors (like the inquisitor armor) should provide more protection from certain damage types than others (Agatha/Mason barbarian armor, default Mason armor)

Back to the point I propose if TB ever decided to make a chiv two that heavier armor types could be unlocked through leveling up or certain achievements. And because this game has military assets ranging from 0 to 1500, players could start out with simple leather or norman mail and work their way up to gothic plate armor or something like that.

In addition this system could be made universal–available to all classes to counterbalance “OP” classes (if you believe that). The heavier the armor the more certain special abilities are hindered by weight and bulk…why not? I don’t mind an archer or a MAA with a mail hauberk on if it slows them down XD

What do you all think?

DISCLAIMER: I LIKE CHIVALRY THE WAY IT IS NOW, THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA.

• As an Elder Scrolls fan from way back, (Morrowind, etc.) I’m a big fan of armor value/encumbrance tables…I guess Oblivion was online for a while, but I never tried it.

• Hmm…… a naked MAA running around with a spear.

OP?

• Still a good idea but if they did implement it then you would likely not see it until after their unannounced project

• @VizualDeciple:

Hi all :)

I noticed recently that there was a level 60 wearing a purple/pink helm and I had a bit of a revelation about making knight game play “realistic” while rewarding dedicated knights moving through the ranks.

I’ll first say that one thing that bothers me about default and dlc armors from a realistic perspective is that some armors (like the inquisitor armor) should provide more protection from certain damage types than others (Agatha/Mason barbarian armor, default Mason armor)

Back to the point I propose if TB ever decided to make a chiv two that heavier armor types could be unlocked through leveling up or certain achievements. And because this game has military assets ranging from 0 to 1500, players could start out with simple leather or norman mail and work their way up to gothic plate armor or something like that.

In addition this system could be made universal–available to all classes to counterbalance “OP” classes (if you believe that). The heavier the armor the more certain special abilities are hindered by weight and bulk…why not? I don’t mind an archer or a MAA with a mail hauberk on if it slows them down XD

What do you all think?

DISCLAIMER: I LIKE CHIVALRY THE WAY IT IS NOW, THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA.

I thought Torn banner was working on a game that featured similar stuff that you said, and as much as agree this would be cool, I think chiv is fine the way it is. but I wish helmets actually protected you from blows to the head and projectiles, instead of your head just exploding with no real reason to.

• The project still unnamed but I hope it’s chiv 2

• As I have only played as Knight from game release with sow, at fov 90 in first person, I can tell you don’t admire those
    pink helms to much or mouve? The few I come across were simply exploiting there asses off with many failed votes
    to be rid of them, let alone video’s sent in just ignored. Your ideas of heavy armours and goodies is very good imo tbh.