Random freeze or crash almost everyday.

• The game randomly freeze and crash everytime i try to enter in a server, it does it almost 3-4 time before i can actually play. Sometimes i am forced to reboot the whole computer.
    Sometimes i get this error: “Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GIsRunning = = 1)”
    Sometimes it freezes and crashed in the menu (!!!)
    I add, game worked fine until some patches released i think on summer 2013 (!!!), after then, every patch it got worse and worse, barely playable now, and a lot frustrating.

My pc specs:

• CPU: AMD FX 6100, 6 x 3.30 Ghz cores

• RAM: 16 Gb

• Graphic Card: Sapphire Dual-X R7 265, 2 Gb GDDR 5

• Drivers all updated

• No programs in background, even tried using Razer Cortex

• All Chivalry graphic settings are set to low and disabled, i can get up to 70/80 fps but not costant, they drop everytime, depend if in combat or not

• During first months from 2013, when the game was great, i could play it on everything medium/high on a sh*t pc with windows xp 64 bit (now i have a better pc !!!)

• Verifying game data or reinstalling it completely doesn’t solve the problem.

Do this game work better on linux?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. no problem with other videogames.

• @Lord:

The game randomly freeze and crash everytime i try to enter in a server, it does it almost 3-4 time before i can actually play. Sometimes i am forced to reboot the whole computer.
    Sometimes i get this error: “Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GIsRunning = = 1)”
    Sometimes it freezes and crashed in the menu (!!!)
    I add, game worked fine until some patches released i think on summer 2013 (!!!), after then, every patch it got worse and worse, barely playable now, and a lot frustrating.

My pc specs:

• CPU: AMD FX 6100, 6 x 3.30 Ghz cores

• RAM: 16 Gb

• Graphic Card: Sapphire Dual-X R7 265, 2 Gb GDDR 5

• Drivers all updated

• No programs in background, even tried using Razer Cortex

• All Chivalry graphic settings are set to low and disabled, i can get up to 70/80 fps but not costant, they drop everytime, depend if in combat or not

• During first months from 2013, when the game was great, i could play it on everything medium/high on a sh*t pc with windows xp 64 bit (now i have a better pc !!!)

• Verifying game data or reinstalling it completely doesn’t solve the problem.

Do this game work better on linux?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. no problem with other videogames.

Have you tried running in 32bit mode?

• @Reithur:

Have you tried running in 32bit mode?

Yes, only once, because it is even more laggy than before…

• @Lord:

Yes, only once, because it is even more laggy than before…

I see you’ve got an AMD GPU; AMD drivers have not been behaving well with Chivalry since Nov 2015; are you able to revert to an older driver from Oct 2015 or earlier?