Quote from the Hagakure #1

• Found this and wondered if this principle applies to you guys and how you conduct clan wars and scrims. I know it’s a 20$ game but wanted to water down the salt with some philosophy.

“According to what one of the elders said, taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Even though one enters into the midst of thousands of them, it gives no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.”

• Sounds like tunnel vision, which in a team fight will get you and your teammates killed.

• Sounds like getting ganked after you run out without any sort of plan

• @Firecracker999:

Sounds like getting ganked after you run out without any sort of plan

Well basically the question is: before you enter a fight do you know who you are going to fuck up first? Or if someone talks smack in chat or teabags you do you headhunt them throughout the match?

• I know the samurai code doesn’t fit in with the game but when I saw this quote I immediately thought of chivalry.

• @Naleaus:

Sounds like tunnel vision, which in a team fight will get you and your teammates killed.

What if all of your teamates have tunnel vision on one individual enemy though?

• Personal dilemmas get people killed.

• Still tunnel vision. You’re either losing the objective, or trade one enemy death for a weakened team. In pubs, sure, whatever. But typically not the best strategy in important fights.

• @VizualDeciple:

Well basically the question is: before you enter a fight do you know who you are going to fuck up first? Or if someone talks smack in chat or teabags you do you headhunt them throughout the match?

Gotta put my two cents in…hell yeah I headhunt! I pick A) best on opposing team, B) archers, C) the guy who votekicks me. Or D)…a contracted target.

• @Gnarlydude:

Gotta put my two cents in…hell yeah I headhunt! I pick A) best on opposing team, B) archers, C) the guy who votekicks me. Or D)…a contracted target.

I think I may’ve been on of these before in your pub matches. XD

• Interesting tbh. These values did not exist in the war, do you lot actually know how they tortured Soldiers from the war.
    starvation camps and cruelty. Didn’t they side with the Nazis also WWII.
    Why not find English or American Quotes throughout history, we had many many heroes of our own.

• @loin:

Interesting tbh. These values did not exist in the war, do you lot actually know how they tortured Soldiers from the war.
    starvation camps and cruelty. Didn’t they side with the Nazis also WWII.
    Why not find English or American Quotes throughout history, we had many many heroes of our own.

I understand your opinion but that’s WW2 I’m talking about centuries old medieval samurai not industrialized imperial japan. They did not have the exact same values. The two cultures went to war actually in the 1800’s which led to the empire coming on top because of better gunpowder weapons and colonial tech. You can find this out by reading about the satsuma rebellion.

And if you aren’t into that history stuff, watch The Last Samurai lol.

“You’ve been caught m8” -firecracker, boogerknight.

• Everyone’s been caught these days

• The best ones are seven samurai, when the last sword is drawn and twiglight samurai imo

• Nope, I’m usually a support guy. I go with knights and Maa’s and help them out using a halberd, spear, maybe zweihander. On team objectves my focus is teamplay tbh, I need to get those Knights to the objective alive, and fuck with everyone that tryies to fuck with them.

I care about this you are saying when I’m on suicide missions or trying my luck in 1vN scenarios. If I see I’m going to get rekt, I try to take the best player with me, or at least leave him severely wounded.

• @CharonOfTheStyx:

I think I may’ve been on of these before in your pub matches. XD

Aye, Charon…you’re often the best on your team. Can’t let you run free on my rookie teammates. Gotta keep you occupied and hope the minors can defend themselves while working on the objective.