Platforms?

• @playerhayter damn, alright my fingers are crossed

• @Somervillage said:

@playerhayter damn, alright my fingers are crossed

aye

Don’t think ill be to serious about it if it comes out though. Not as competitive anyways…

• @AK I would get it

• @Somervillage said:

@AK I would get it

No. I’ll get it if it comes out on console (and on PC even though my laptop is shit) but I won’t be as serious as I am on Chiv

• I have no delusion that i’m not a super minority here but it’ll be swell if they add a Linux port sometime after launch :D

• @AK It looks like it’ll be pretty easy to run thanks to the nifty looking style .

• I do wonder if the art style will make it easier to run on lower specs. Chivalry was more CPU dependant either way though. Not sure if UE4 runs in a similar fashion.

Running well on lower specs generally means a higher chance for console ports tbh.

• @Tyoson I’ve fooled around with UE4 a bit now that it’s free to download, while the CPU is definitely a factor it seems to be mostly GPU heavy, it also is really scalable. I’ve already been playing some UE4 alphas/betas (Paragon, Fortnite, and ARK) and I can max out Fortnite, almost max Paragon, and run ARK on Medium settings with GTX 760. intel i5 4670k, 16GB ram on Windows 10.

The graphics on this game look like they are between Fortnite and Paragon (ARK is not a fair comparison because it’s the only open world game)

• @DevilsAdvocate said:

@Tyoson I’ve fooled around with UE4 a bit now that it’s free to download, while the CPU is definitely a factor it seems to be mostly GPU heavy, it also is really scalable. I’ve already been playing some UE4 alphas/betas (Paragon, Fortnite, and ARK) and I can max out Fortnite, almost max Paragon, and run ARK on Medium settings with GTX 760. intel i5 4670k, 16GB ram on Windows 10.

The graphics on this game look like they are between Fortnite and Paragon (ARK is not a fair comparison because it’s the only open world game)

Ark gave me concerns about UE4 because my gtx 980 and i5 4670k struggled on low graphics when I first started testing it. Bit of am unfair test when it’s still in alpha though. Bad framerate is always a huge concern in any game that requires better frames. Especially anything competitive.

• @Tyoson In ARK they render underground dungeons even if you’re above ground as well has having very big render blocks and a very high poly count. That said when it first came out there were some Nvidia specific issues that have now been fixed. UE4 is one of the best if not the best performing non custom engine I’ve seen.

I’m going to reinstall Fortnite and do some tests it looks pretty close graphical wise.