Official Playtest: Thursday March 10th 4 - 5 PM

• Developer

Hi Folks,

We will be holding the first official Playtest on Thursday March 10th, From 4 - 5 PM ET.

If you haven’t done so yet, now’s a good time to go through the tester guides and install the alpha_testing beta branch.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/category/48/tester-guides

Playtest Goals

• Collect “first Impressions” feedback from you
    • Get players installed and into game, how can we improve installation process?
    • Identify areas of improvement in coordinating tests and communication
    • Test out server setup

This will be our first real attempt at getting servers full of people in a real world setting. We don’t really know what problems we’ll encounter with users getting setup and playing. As well as how effective coordinating tests through the forum will be. Basically, what do we need to do to make these playtests actually work.

We also want to capture your first impressions and feedback on the game. Coming in as a Chiv player, what did you expect and how did we nailed it, or let you down. @Rasmus started a topic specifically for this first impression feedback, you can all replay and start some discussion: http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/23248/first-impressions-thread

We’ll be using the forum chat to coordinate and direct as needed, and are contemplating using some sort of voice chat(details to come). There will be a few of us in game as well for you to kill and bounce questions off of.

See you there!

Build Notes
    Build CL: 46835

Known Bugs

• Reverse overheads are not supposed to work, due to a bug in the angle check they are still possible in some cases
    • First hit flinch is enabled though there is a bug that since that build has been fixed where interrupts sometimes don’t occur
    • In the Blocked state you can’t get parry up quickly enough, the rule accidentally got removed but will be fixed in the next build (some ripostes activate before you can block again without this)
    • The entropist is still very early design wise, lots of bugs
    • Alchemancer Firebeam ability is an early prototype
    • Team chat is displayed to all players
    • Vigilst Tsunami ability has no cool down time
    • Customization items will stack until the player dies
    • Tinker Orb Strike does not properly deploy, can result in being “stuck” if interrupted
    • AI Bots have broken nav meshes in most maps

Game Areas that are not currently in testing (AKA don’t bug)

• Level geometry/art/collision
    • In game text
    • Main menu, invites from main menu friends list
    • Entropist anything
    • Missing VO commands
    • Missing loading screens
    • Team/Class selection screens

• Mod

Sorry that’s 5am friday morning for me so will have to give this one a miss.

• Developer

@Tyoson

We’ll be doing these at different times in the future. When’s usually a good time for the Aussie folks?

• Mod

Sounds good :) Too many time differences can make it hard I suppose. Well work during the week Monday to Friday and sometimes Saturday. I get home from work usually around 6pm. Which would be 6am ET. It’d also be 9pm for lilboots though.

• Developer

@Tyoson
    If we were to do something at 10 am ET would that kinda work for you guys kinda sorta?

• Mod

On a friday would be perfect usually. Just not this friday because I’m working Saturday. Weekends I can usually free up time either way.

• Global Moderator

You have to remember Tyoson is western Australia which means he is 11 hours off EST. I’m only 6 hours off EST.

Though yes even a Friday at that time would be good. Cos that makes it Saturday for everyone else. Maybe an hour or 2 later.

• Global Moderator

I will also have to miss this one, the time diference is making it late for me (between 11pm and midnight). I’m entering my exams on school, so I have to focus on that a bit more.

• Developer

• Looking forward to this play test.

• Mod

I’ll try to be on

• Might be able to come on at around 6pm ET if you’re still testing

• Mod

I’ll be there!

• Developer

And we’re in!

Come play with Steve, Ras, World Famous Justin and myself!

• @Killer-Crabs I did it Mom! I’m famous!

• Developer

Thanks to all those who were able to make it into the test. Great success!

• We were able to get players in and playing from NA, EU and AUS!
    • Whole bunch of initial feedback (awesome, thanks guys!)
    • Worked out server issues pre-test, setup a more open mumble server for game chat
    • Build was in pretty good shape, no crashes for both server and client
    • Got a pile of server logs for programmers to dig through (with a super laggy AUS player) BONUS!

Some immediate setup things we’ve deciding to change to smooth things out:

• Use our actual steam accounts instead of the TB test accounts so you can tell who’s who in game
    • More advance notice, and use something to pick an optimal time to run the tests (probably doodle)
      • Ideally have Alpha people “sign up” prior to a test so we know how many to expect/how many servers we need up, etc…

All testing goals achieved!

If you guys have any feedback or suggestions on how we run these tests let us know!

• Mod

As you mentioned would be nice to have the TB members use an account name I would recognize both ingame and in mumble. I don’t know most of your guy’s voices and it was hard to keep track of who was who in the server. Cheers for playing though! Was fun seeing Gauntlet dominate.