Full announce - Mirage: Arcane Warfare

• Developer

Torn Banner Studios is proud to unveil our second major title for PC - Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

https://youtu.be/0rBFSkJELuw

Obliterate your enemies with powerful magic or silence them with a sword in Mirage: Arcane Warfare, a multiplayer FPS from the creators of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

In Mirage, the calm of a strange fantasy world is shattered by ruthless civil war. Warriors armed with steel and magic bring violence and death as they do battle across a fantastical Arabian and Persian-inspired setting of desert sands, market bazaars and grand palaces.

Mirage is a skill-based multiplayer FPS that lets you tear your enemies limb from limb with destructive magic and melee combat. Experiment and find your perfect playstyle between six diverse classes including stealthy assassins, hulking brutes, powerful mages and more. With an unparalleled focus on truly feeling in control of your magic and sword, Mirage demands combat creativity and will challenge you like never before.
    As for your burning questions…**

See our website FAQs section for answers to some basic questions about Mirage.

Join the conversation in our official announcement thread **here **to talk to developers one-on-one. We won’t be sharing all of the information about Mirage yet, but we’re eager to start talking to our fans about the next big thing from Torn Banner.

• @playerhayter Looking really really interesting, I would like to see the fatty turban magic carpet man (Entropist) and the Tinker in action though.

Can’t wait for more in game photage that’s not just flashy scenes but clips of actual combat.

• Reading the FAQ, I’m excited to see that mechanics from chivalry remain at the core, and that you will be able to block magic. Hopefully lessons learned from archery on chivalry will help with balancing long range magic. Also, yay, objective mode.

Edit: As for questions, Phoenix posted in another thread about the engine saying they were working on optimization. Will it be expected that if you could run Chivalry, you can run Mirage?

• Female characters yay :-) I think Vypress would be my first choice.

Given the complexities of balancing, hopefully there will be a solid testing approach to balance the classes during Beta. I think CMW is balanced, I rarely see too many complaints nowadays. However I see some challenges balancing for example the Tinker facing the Alcemancer (unless the Tinker can hurl her traps which would be strange). I would make it clear up front if you are balancing for team objective or duels or both.

Matchmaking sounds interesting, any details on that - is there a rank system again and it will be matchmaking across a greater region or by ping or something?

It would be nice to hear some names and details of any new cool weapons or magic (fireball? meteor swarm? magic missile?) that has been developed.

Customization - please be generous with the amount of clothes one can choose not to wear.

• @gregcau go on this websites and it will tell u the classes
    ALL OF THEM
    i thought there was 4 classes but there is actually 6
    [What the classes do (http://www.miragearcanewarfare.com/?page_id=3471#)
    what they look like

• also:
    i think this is correct
    i think all three mage classes have different abilites
    Alcemancer has destruction: fire, lightning and so on
    Tinker has illusion: magic mines, smoke bombs, nausea bombs, stamina draining and so on
    Entropist has healing stuff and also has a staff probably for blocking and jabbing

P.S: developers when is the next big announcement that comes out with another video and a bunch of news?

• @gregcau said:

Customization - please be generous with the amount of clothes one can choose not to wear.

XD