Reverse over heads?

• will there be ROHs? in Mirage: Arcane warfare?

• Global Moderator

Personally I don’t see them as a problem. But that’s just me. Plenty of downsides and risk to doing them.

• You bet your butt there will be! ROH is a viable and great move, easily countered.

• I really hope not. After playing Slasher, reverses piss me off more than almost anything else in Chivalry.

That being said it’s not like it’ll be a gamebreaker for me. I dealt with them in Chiv, i’ll deal with them here.

• I actually do hope you have something like reversed overheads. It ads just another layer of tactic.

If you concentrate a bit, they’re easily counterable, yet are hard enough (if you do it manually and don’t use a macro) to be satisfying if and when you pull them of.

Besides, in high level of play, it gets quite boring when neither side can land a hit.

• I hope not, they’re stupid.

• Torn Banner would be shooting itself in the foot by making ROHs possible in Mirage.

• u all jelly u cant parry reverses

• I agree with Mr Xy & Ru tbh. In a game like this with such a new engine , it doesn’t need generic oil messing up the works imo
    RoH oil is bad for pistons

• We don’t even know how the new combat system works or how the implemented it. I’m not sure why do many people hate ROH. Once you learn how to do it, it gets very easy to block.

I think more than ROH, people are frustrated with the player model manipulation you could achieve in Chivalry. A few spins along with matrixing and you can disguise the attacks pretty well. SittingDuck anyone? He used to model manipulate in duels and wrecked.

• Mod

@loin said:

I agree with Mr Xy & Ru tbh. In a game like this with such a new engine , it doesn’t need generic oil messing up the works imo
    RoH oil is bad for pistons

True tbh. Reverses glugged up my coolant and ruined my radiator.

• Mod

I think the popular opinion is they are a bad thing and they especially scare off newer players. I mean I never try to ROH new players because that’s not how I was them to see the game but I do think doing ROH is really fun so I do them here and there. I mean most of the time they are just blocked and the person hits you with a riposte before you can react because you turned your back to them.

• Like all games, there will be mechanics and tactics that stretch the limitations and intentions of intended features. ROH is just one of many examples of this in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Developers don’t want to restrict a game’s capabilities but you also don’t want buggy and silly strategies to run rampant, sullying the game’s design. Yes, there are beautiful accidents that can happen that adds a lot of depth to a game’s complexity at higher levels but you run the risk of also creating a barrier between newcomers and seasoned veterans that scare the former away.

In other words, I’m sure Torn Banner will use proper judgement in making sure that there is a middle-ground between people who like ROH and those who don’t. Or so I hope…

• This move is not one of those mechanics but a cheap nasty free hit. Why I even remember when they first started appearing
    off course I even mentioned a model breaking crouching with video exploiter, it does annoy when discovering in america
    some have been banned or were before. The EU is a lawless land tbh. Also That RoH if your on a computer that is not uptp
    par or elite pc then on many occasions with ping you don’t always even see the reverse animation or move but just know
    you have been hit with it. I say this because having tested many many video cards over the year from low to highest end ones
    this was the thing that stood out. Annoying as the RoH is imagine not even notice a change or a sword come at you to find
    you have been hit by a very extreme body bending with ping crouching Roh type . Why even a check on hours played recently
    revealed one with only 150 hours upto 200 being ranked 50 upto and over 60, simply using that move when asked in chat .
    It is my opinion it should not be in mirage at all or at the very least limitations placed on it in both Chivalry and mirage of
    damage incurred of 20 health for using it. A sort of gamble damage for want of a better explanation .

• Reverse overhead feints are impossible to read because reverse overheads hit instantly after windup. That’s my biggest problem with them. Also when you’re at the point where you’re always looking out for feints, they will always get you because even if you do hit block just in time they’ll still hit you because of that split split second of lag. For example, on my screen it will show the block animation for a split split second (even when I review the recording of it on shadow play) and on the enemy screen I won’t have blocked at all.
    To block RoH’s you literally have to panic half way through windup or earlier. BAN THEM I SAY!

• @Cros said:

Reverse overhead feints are impossible to read because reverse overheads hit instantly after windup. That’s my biggest problem with them. Also when you’re at the point where you’re always looking out for feints, they will always get you because even if you do hit block just in time they’ll still hit you because of that split split second of lag. For example, on my screen it will show the block animation for a split split second (even when I review the recording of it on shadow play) and on the enemy screen I won’t have blocked at all.
    To block RoH’s you literally have to panic half way through windup or earlier. BAN THEM I SAY!

Not sure if it’s different on PC but this isn’t the case at all… They are easily blocked or dodged and feints with them are still readable. IMO<<<<<<<<<<

• Reverses aren’t impossible to read.

That being said, the frustration they bring to the gameplay isn’t worth any perceived “depth” they add (IMO).

• I always thought reverses should be in, but reduced damage.

• Mod

@Commander-Guts So like DW ROH?

• You should not be rewarded with a faster hit in any melee game because your using roh. That is called a bug. It’s a disgrace that it is still in chivalry. It should be removed or reduced like commander said. It surely should not grant a indefinite advantage. You wouldn’t put it in your gameplay trailer as a “pro move”, no you wouldn’t. It is a bug.