Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 46 BETA

• Developer

A new Beta patch is available for testing in the “Patch testing for Chivalry” app.

This patch adds a quartet of new Workshop items created by artist Oilystool, and donated for free to Chivalry players - as a way for the prolific Chivalry content creator to give back to the community. Follow the Chivalry Community on Steam to unlock the following items:

• Myrmidon, a Javelin replacement for the Archer.
    • The Milanese, a Quarterstaff replacement for the Man-at-arms.
    • Headhunter, a Messer replacement for the Knight.
    • Cold Spectre, a Greatsword replacement for the Vanguard.

The patch also addresses the following fixes.

Changes

• Decreased range of “kick” action
    • Added customization options to Mercenary Roundshield by Oilystool
    • Removed all collision from a couple foliage meshes that blocked weapons
    • Map fixes:
      • Irilla: fixed two points bugs: Masons no longer get endless points until you die if you were in the trebuchet volume when the trebuchet objective is completed. Can no longer use the ram after the second door is destroyed, thus getting endless free points.
      • Stoneshill village FFA/TDM: made the gate to the castle with no collision a feature, not a bug! Gate is now visibly open. Fixed a broken blocking volume on top of a village house.
      • Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.
      • Colosseum: side gate with potentially no collision fixed.
      • Belmez: added double check to fix potential issue where spawn points don’t change after the barn is burnt.
      • Citadel: fixed collision issue on broken bridge mesh which was breaking firepots.
      • Drunken Bazaar: smoothed over collision on rubble immediately under bridge crank. Set final area peasants to non-moving so they stop wandering off the balcony. Added kill volumes off the balcony to prevent map escaping out that-a-way. Removed sticky spot on a rock along the push path.
      • Darkforest: further blocked off a roof in the final area that should be inaccessible
      • Belmez: fixed invisible spawn boat.
      • Castle Assault: removed access to a map exploit by walking on some cliffs in the river near the first objective.
      • Castle assault duel: moved spawn points outside of the inaccessible rooms
      • Shore: minor collision improvement on arch near first Agatha spawn.
      • Hideout: stuck spot behind a pillar jumping down to the breakable gate
      • Coldfront: that one floating torch. Siege weapons are disabled after second objective completes. Replaced the bots on the docks that usually go completely unnoticed with simple animated peasants. Blocked gate from being able to be hit from the rear.
      • Outpost: added extra collision to tree trunks that could be hidden in.

• Oilystool you glorious bastard, well done!
    Many thanks for decreasing kick range!

• I don’t see what the fuss is about that kick action, it seemed to be an ideal way to break those toony animation standing
    or crouching into a glichy combat cheap shot. It amazes me that some of you who were using this stuff now have
    managed to pull the wool over TB’s eyes to put the kick back to what it was so you can carry on in such a crass way in game imo.

At least kick was a genuine mechanic unlike that other stuff, you will have to keep a much tighter ship in mirage you know.

• @loin Kicks are still effective, but range has been reduced a bit so that you can’t kick-snipe anymore.

• Well I’v always used them with nps, plus I must have spent to much time watching sci fi stuff as I might have completely missed
    the increased range of kick thus

• I tweeted your patch news mr hayter .

• Now we just need to get the “Beekeeper” helmet for knight added :)))))

• Oh, free skins, that’s interesting.

• can we please have an option so teammates can’t destroy the cata/kick you off it?

lol

thanks!

• Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.

finally!

• Aww those Output tree holes were fun but I suppose they had to go. Invisible boats fix is nice.

I would be interested to know what the kick range was and what it is now.

The top remaining bugs I see in TO are

• Invisible trebuchet bug (which also grants invisibility)
    • Citadel bug that crashes 1/2 the server (though I doubt that will ever be found)
    • Ballistae rendered unusable bug

None come up too often so one can live with them.

As far as the artwork - very nice. The items I would still like

• An attractive open face Mason helm
    • Brandistock, sharp claw is ok but still needs some hard ass that fits the damage
    • Sling, we have nothing yet!
    • Polehammer, we have nothing yet!

• @gregcau said:

• Citadel bug that crashes 1/2 the server (though I doubt that will ever be found)

Send me your crash logs when this happens to you again; I’ve been trying to get some for months, but Citadel has been behaving for me.

• This post is deleted!

• Developer

@gregcau said:

Aww those Output tree holes were fun but I suppose they had to go. Invisible boats fix is nice.

I would be interested to know what the kick range was and what it is now.

The top remaining bugs I see in TO are

• Invisible trebuchet bug (which also grants invisibility)
    • Ballistae rendered unusable bug

None come up too often so one can live with them.

As far as the artwork - very nice. The items I would still like

• An attractive open face Mason helm
    • Brandistock, sharp claw is ok but still needs some hard ass that fits the damage
    • Sling, we have nothing yet!
    • Polehammer, we have nothing yet!

Thanks for the feedback Gregcau, we’ll keep it in mind. The invisible trebuchet bug… Do you mean the invisible catapult?

We’re aware of the others but as you mentioned they aren’t that common so we’re having some trouble tracking them down.

• you can still move away from the Belmez pyres and keep progessing the objective. not being able to use the mouse while doing makes it a little trickier though.

• Speaking of maps, I frequently plays pub games, especially TO, and there’s some serious lack in balance on certain maps/objectives. Some are probably a bit too late to fix, but I made a list either way.

Hillside:

• The first objective is hard to get to for attackers, but once they’ve gotten the pyre lit there’s no way for defenders to get from spawn to the pyre itself in time, when it includes fighting enemies around it, the task becomes even harder. This is not a big problem because it’s the first stage.

• The second objective is almost too easy for attackers, it is however possible to defend. #BringBackTreb3AndRemoveTreb 4

• The third stage is close to impossible to defend, most likely because you take fall damage to get to the lower ballista, and once you’re down there there’s no quick way to get upstairs again.

Battlegrounds:

• The second stage is far too long for attackers, it’s not impossible, but it’s a bit of a marathon. In LTS for example, there’s this wooden barricade covering the mason side of the river, it’s most likely too late, but a new objective could be around there, which would later move the agatha spawn slightly closer to the final objective. Otherwise increasing the defenders respawn time slightly might help.

Stoneshill:

• The second stage is a bit too open for archers, and as an attacker it’s just anti-fun to run across the wide open terrain just to stop and heal at every sparse cover you can find. Removing access to the wall would definitely help with this; or if the part where the oil can be poured down would be the only part accesible for defenders it would also help.

• The third stage is too far of a run for attackers, instead of making them spawn outside the gates they should spawn right before the courtyard.

King’s Garden:

• The second stage is close to impossible to defend, never seen it happen. It also results in 13+ minutes for the king stage, which is usually done in 5 minutes. It might just be that the attackers gain too much time for each stage they clear, but there needs to be some balancing there.

Drunken Bazaar:

• The last stage is far too hard to defend, the objectives are far too sparse and way too easy for attackers to reach. Perhaps removing the forward spawn would balance the objective.

Cove:

• The last part of stage 2, during the actual ramming, is too open for archers on either team.

• The last stage is just annoying and cluttered, if the defenders focus on the library it’s close to impossible for the attackers.

Shore:

• It’s barely ever that the first three stages will be won by defenders.

• The last stage is almost impossible for attackers though, as you have to kill the whole enemy team twice, once with your full hp team mates, not really a problem, and once with half your team and everyone on low HP, which is annoying. It can be won, but it’s a bit too hard. Increase defenders respawn timers.

Coldfront:

• Second stage is a bit too hard to defend, but it’s msot likely because defenders are too stupid to destroy the siege weapons, maybe objective markers on them would help, like “destroy catapult/ballista”

• The third stage is stupid, and the king escape is a pita, but defenders can win by staying alive until the timer runs out.

Castle Assault:

• The second stage is a bit too long of a marathon for attackers.

Citadel and Irilla are just terrible maps, neither are well optimized or fun to play, so I won’t list the balance issues on either.

Darkforest and Outpost are fairly balanced as defenders can win on every stage, but attackers have a chance. Darkforest does havea few problems though, mostly on 32p servers, but no sane person plays with more than 24 players; it’s also the best map for comp play, so as of right now, It should probably not be touched concerning objectives.

• can you fix this spot?

https://youtu.be/Icqevq3h-Mw

• @LongSun Thanks; been wondering how people are getting up there.

• filthy swine’s as Inspector Clouseau would say hehe. What often strikes me is the veteran walk they use as if they are
    good players to boot. I was about to post mine but can’t find that screenshot amongst my many offline atm grumbles.

• Developer

@Xylvion
    Thanks for this list Xylvion. At this point we aren’t planning on making any changes to the maps aside from bug fixes. If there are specific things within the maps that you feel are bugs or exploits that make the objectives harder/easier than they should be let us know and we’ll see what we can do about them.