The Current state of the game observed last night

• I have to say the game seems to be a different town in EU, unlawed plus seemingly everything goes in game.
    Why just yesterday after jumping on a ffa server official 5 I think, nearly every other new player was simply trying
    to run at people with extreme RoH spins, let alone contorting model breaking stuff, if you block them or hold
    your own they then team up its like fighting teams of break dancers tbh. After some wise ones relised this so
    called FFA was turning to sour milk by teaming model breaking try every nasty cheap shot in the book players
    simply left, the normal ones that is. Not only do you have to put mouse sense up to stupid speeds to do RoH
    its the fact they were trying 1 to 4 at a time continuously as it was a form of spam lmb, To add you don’t expect
    to find also forward striking mauls faster then sword of wars etc… server emptyi within 2 hours by players simply
    fed up of all this stuff unchecked by a little gangs of teaming exploit hoodies. Who then move on to other servers
    to then repeat process, server empties out. NB 2 foes were simply causing me to lag at contact from them
    one was pinged 140 yes , while the other about 35 near my ping I did feel in both frequent encounters they
    were infact causing it on purpose, with some packet kind of stunting.

Touch Wood one can only hope Mirage does not simply end up as a unpleasant experience for players.
    This kind of unchecked stuff is what drives gamers away in large numbers btw, esp in Chivalry.
    From the 20 hours to 300, types right up to even some over the 1000 hours who can’t take this bs any more hehe.
    My self not included or the good veterans of my groups.

• I should mention this joining servers last night was simply to see the current trends on the battlefields, which is a practice
    often done by me. The post above was not a rage post at all but observations over 6 maps plus on various servers.
    It did seem as if the amount of players simply trying some gimmick or glichy body shuffle had increased since my last
    observation mode 5 months back. Although I watched other gamers get annoyed at such or even leave the servers
    as usual I simply fought with many players, did not chat or give comment to anything in game. The core game is still
    addictive though.

• While testing a gtx 960 tonight I noted the same Eternals bs on officals, also these players ruining game modes to simply
    practice exploit teaming and trying to get genuine players to rage quit needs to be reigned in. Esp in ffa modes.
    I noted a few bans for griefing but for some reason you lot don’t seem to think it important to ban for in FFA modes?

The fact is Tibby unless you get a handle on the stuff mention in my last posts or this one, your new game will already
    have a group of people simply out to ruin the Mirage in the same ways as its released. The only difference is they
    did not have to wait 2 years on Chivalry to learn it but now are seasoned griefers ready to bugger up Mirage with
    its new gamers influx…very fast, but also most likely backup more so by spells. At least the melee part of the new game
    should not have this kind of ugly shadow on its back in its first months imo.

• ROH are easier to deal with than close up feints, I dont remember the last time I “fell” for one.
    ROH driving away large numbers of players, that is a bunch of codswallop. I almost never see someone complaining about it, except for old crusty players who cannot evolve.

Personally I dont use it as I find it less reliable, but I rejoice in having diversity and an alternative to feints.

If you spread this kind of nonense on reddit I bet Unborn would ban you !

• @gregcau said:

ROH driving away large numbers of players, that is a bunch of codswallop. I almost never see someone complaining about it, except for old crusty players who cannot evolve.

The Steam forums are full of rank 16-30 players posting rage threads about this.

• @Reithur said:

@gregcau said:

The Steam forums are full of rank 16-30 players posting rage threads about this.

Steam forums? hahaha there is a credible source of information lol

But ok lets take the issue “seriously”

What Loin describes is radically different from my own experience. Personally I very rarely play “FFA” as it is not a serious game mode - if I go FFA it is to try out something new and I dont care about how many times I die. The FFA leader is always he who takes the maximum damage weapon and constantly finds 2 people fighting so he can kill them quickly for maximum points.

Ok so turn to TO which I play 95% of the time over the last 9 months. Yes certainly for the rank 50s ROH is fairly common (not all there are a bunch of past their prime 50s who play old school), and I do see more rank 30s bringing it into their game but I dont see it as being “prevalent”.

For the actual maneouver itself I personally see that it is far more telegraphed by virtue of the player crouching and turning their back, compared to a SOW feint in your face which is near impossible to predict due to network latency.

So again, sure complete noobs will complain on steam about ROH because OMG it hit me so fast, but they would complain a lot more about feints - except most people dont even feint in pubs any more for some reason they find it unsporting.

Again I go back to, ROH are a breath of fresh air compared to feints, so I embrace them.

• As a veteran its not a big problem for me as dealing with all sorts in combat is a reflex. Why just yesterday I came across
    a familiar player in FFA after noting the failed attempts to vote him off, for his complete animation flicking, roh spam plus
    gliches etc, It was no surprise after checking his profile it was a person I had reported over a year ago plus it was still
    blocked hehe. These gamers think they can pop in to servers as they wish simply relying on such stuff to pick up
    3 or more ranks in a day. Last week I came across one who had bare 200 hours of play but was ranked 40 upwards,
    it was not some rank bug but a brag of this type of stuff, I also belief another was reported via steam admins comments by
    a regular forum user here. After checking it was bill door a known user here, he reports one ranked 60 with just 150 hours.

Part of being a veteran is not just being able to mostly deal with such horrid gamers but spotting them outright as you even
    join a server or on the first few encounters in combat with them. Its was simply the new players coming in that don’t stay
    due to that unchallenged stuff, lets not forget those types often team up on servers to make it worse or sway votes to keep
    them on servers hehe. Mirage might need some sort of filter in its early days to establish a strong player base of such things first.
    Well that’s my opinion tbh.

• @loin said:

Last week I came across one who had bare 200 hours of play but was ranked 40 upwards,
    it was not some rank bug but a brag of this type of stuff, I also belief another was reported via steam admins comments by
    a regular forum user here. After checking it was bill door a known user here, he reports one ranked 60 with just 150 hours.

Ah Loin…

Thanks for the confirmation you are just a troll.

I understand now why Unborn banned you from Reddit permanently.

Bill Door I have seen on the North American servers, and here. On the forums he used to advocate a new weapon - a scythe.
    In game he is obviously an “old school” gamer, extremely courteous and a model citizen.

That you would try to come on the forums and tarnish such players name just shows the type of person you are. Is it the same Bill Door, how the fuck would you know? Just stop and go complain about some other game if this is your full time unemployed job.

• @gregcau Well your not a credible source at all tbh, You used often used to come on site just to argue with me and many others
    on this site. Now you say you embrace RoH compared to Feints which are a natural and part of the game on release. Even in
    training mode it was mentioned. I also play lots of T/O modes. INfact it would account for 97 percent of what I play in Chivalry.

As for laughing at the steam hubs as a credible source of information, that is unacceptable but simply demonstrates a sense
    of a superiority complex. Those steam hubs are full of a wide range of contributors from veterans to new players, many don’t
    visit site here yet.

Seeing all these fanboi’s defend the game on the hub brings to mind a picture of us all in a boat with a hole in the bottom
    While everybody is arguing about who caused the hole and why its there , nobody is actually fixing it hehe.

• @loin said:

Well your not a credible source at all tbh, You used often used to come on site just to argue with me and many others
    on this site. Now you say you embrace RoH compared to Feints which are a natural and part of the game on release. Even in
    training mode it was mentioned. I also play lots of T/O modes. INfact it would account for 97 percent of what I play in Chivalry.

As for laughing at the steam hubs as a credible source of information, that is unacceptable but simply demonstrates a sense
    of a superiority complex. Those steam hubs are full of a wide range of contributors from veterans to new players, many don’t
    visit site here yet.

Seeing all these fanboi’s defend the game on the hub brings to mind a picture of us all in a boat with a hole in the bottom
    While everybody is arguing about who caused the hole and why its there , nobody is actually fixing it hehe.

In general I only argue with you and Lemon. Lemon because I hated the fact he add a comment on every thread that often would show he never read the thread and it was just to increase his post count. But those are times past, he is a moderator now which is fine because despite my arguments he always took the high road.

Why I argue with you I dont recall, but in this case I take issue with you coming on the forums and trying to tarnish Bill Doors name who as far as I can see is a totally stand up guy who was a gentleman on the forums and a gentleman in game.

As for credibility Im hardly a credible source, I have my opinion, which might be right might be wrong sometimes I cant even tell.

RoH I dont mind is my opinion, I think it surprises noobs but you get used to it - far more than close up feints.
    RoH were always there (I believe) its just people didnt make it popular until the last 6 months.

Overall you didnt really make an argument as to why RoH are a problem, or why they are worse than feints (which IMO they arent).

• I think Loin said Bill Door was the user who reported the other, shady fellow.

• @dudeface said:

I think Loin said Bill Door was the user who reported the other, shady fellow.

oh… I retract that then for being unable to comprehend english.

In my defense I did say I’m not a reliable source of information.

• The game is still very good to some. I always said it should be split into Two modes. say mode 1 is 1st or 3rd person
    no RoH, instant kill over head haks for want of a better word, all the other stuff out also. IN this mode players can stay or

Free Style mode 1st person only no holds barred combat. Everything applies RoH to your heart’s content, drag, feint
    infact the only reason a kick should exist in that mode is for racism. Just by playing in that mode you accept no complaints
    about combat are valid.

Having tried Two high spec video cards over this week, on max settings in video menu, I noticed a few problems.
    for example when on a DE official server yesterday Every time I went to swing back to attack with primary sword
    I had a lag hit for 2 seconds, also 3 players names who I came across often over the next 3 maps of T/O caused
    that feeling of me packet losing to them in combat. It always happened if you got the better of them about to initiate
    that last killing blow, suddenly I’d freeze for split second, they only recovered by killed me? It is possible imo that
    some infact escaped that script of packet or made a slight variation of it. What stuck out was it only seemed to apply
    if I was winning the fight with one of them as to finish them off at that instant.

Any way my suggestion is for a group of 4 players or more even in TB offices to head to any T/O server or FFA.
    Set all video settings on low or off. Set the max fps bsmooth to 120 in engine file. Then confirm that you had no
    spikes, lag interupts or combat freeze ups…

I suspect that a setup with all maxed out with video cards , of which many players do so, is what’s causing quite a few
    combat freezes etc or spikes. Simply put if this test proves that by low settings none occur , then 1 or more settings
    of a video card at maximum is infact causing a lot of Chivalrys online problems. This could be worth exploration to find.

recap: Video set a lowest settings - even down to 600 * 800 that low one wouldn’t matter for test. A group or single player tries it
    out and reports back if the amount of freezes or seeming problems are gone or at least reduced substantially .

• Interesting as it might sound I found plus made a minor adjustment to video settings today to get the full 120 fps on low settings.
    also just 1 tiny second of lag on one map out of 6 played. A video setting or Two on max settings is causing most of the problems
    online for players imo. To prove this I tested it earlier on a completely different computer with the same results. No lag spikes
    at all. ON the plus side jumping into yet another FFA just now, revealed as usual teaming exploiters/glichers who were caught
    on a screenshot by me. When a player complained about them teaming / exploiting to which one replied " you mad Racist N word"

On my screenshots just now one is named Tada with other not named. which displays a contempt for fellow games by
    teaming exploiting with racism . To think I was only out testing video cards today but did not have to wait even 2 mins before
    this usual behaviour took over yet another FFA mode game on an Official server tbh.

Least I forget this last video card is very low spec indeed. gtx 750 basic card no thrills, turning off one certain setting in Nvidia
    panel and all low in game for clean crisp no lag game at all.
    Edit
    The screenshot link if admins want it but mainly to show crisp fps no lag on a very low spec card
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646505302

btw old xeon 3330 with gtx 750 my netflix pc was used in this example:

• Developer

@loin Have you done enough playing around to identify what setting you finding cause the mini lags?

You can always report people in official servers to our mods, particularly if you have evidence. That’s why they’re there.

• 24 maps almost in 2 days across 3 different pc’s , no lag spikes at all but won’t post yet until its confirmed etc.

• ROHs are easy to deal with if you hold down S (or another binded key) lmao. If you play the range game they’ll have to work for it.

I cant say this technique sucks cause i use it frequently, its gotten me out of life or death situations (me, a mere level 30, bloodied by a level 45, fighting LS v LS. When he was going in for the killing blow I ROHed and killed him instantly.)

Theres nothing more gratifying than hearing a scream and seeing your enemy’s weapon fly up in the air, and then turning to see your enemy bleeding out on the ground when you pull off that successful rainbow…gets me all teary eyed XD

• Tad tied up atm, will be trying a few pc’s over the weekend to locate exactly what video settings set a high could be causing
    the most mini spikes or problems. Its not just about dealing with RoH but many players seem to simply trying to line a foe
    up for some bs move, including a quick animation flick or crouch toggle into jump kick, its almost seems macro’d buttons.
    I also noted as you do actually get the better of one , your up against 2 or upto even 4 of such players teaming up using the
    same stuff. Today for example I noted one was a clear 40 plus kills ahead who then tried to callvote kick another player who
    simply had a ping higher then everyone by about 30 ish. I mentioned that its quite lame for a player using such glichy exploiting
    with a team of players also doing it helping him who has the nerve to then try to kick a normal player simply because his ping
    is 30 higher calling him a lagger hehe. Lets also consider as your norse sword touches his chest for the fatal kill , he then kills
    you with an instant overhead even with a maul, Some players that rely on such crutch gaming are near ranked 50 plus
    with less then 250 hours, profiles hidden. When I jumped on the lower ranked servers a while ago , I did find new players
    could not kill me hardly at all, using just normal sword swings with parry sometimes or a few cominations, As for all the other
    stuff why an earth the players relying on crutch gaming such as the glichy animation breaking or bs moves even need to use such
    against very new players is beyond my understanding. All it does is just cause some of them to uninstall Chivalry and move on
    for good even. Lets not even discuss the 3rd person ones yet

• I counted 7 and over teaming on official 24slot ffa server no 5 today. its a night mare, its almost like being in a roger rabbit movie
    , all trying to team the server with game crutches. I don’t think FFA in its current mode is even worth me considering a worth or
    playable mode any more. It was never this bad back in the day of game release, players had a sense of honour and pride to win
    an outright FF un assisted or in a large team of cartoon players.

• Global Moderator

@loin said:

I counted 7 and over teaming on official 24slot ffa server no 5 today. its a night mare, its almost like being in a roger rabbit movie
    , all trying to team the server with game crutches. I don’t think FFA in its current mode is even worth me considering a worth or
    playable mode any more. It was never this bad back in the day of game release, players had a sense of honour and pride to win
    an outright FF un assisted or in a large team of cartoon players.

Adressing the teaming in FFA (+ time wasting in LTS):

Same might be said for LTS, where 90% of players tend to duell it out, wasting everyone elses time in the process. Problem is, how is anyone going to prevent this in LTS? A similiar “issue” is the teaming in FFA.

Adding an amendment to the rules adressing this issue would be nearly impossible, as it would take tons of evidence to prove that someone was indeed teaming. Secondly, what would the punishment be? It cannot be more than a server kick, anything else would be too harsh.