My new opinion on first person........



  • Those who can effectively play in 1st person at a comp level on console are a rare breed. Over the past few months I have been using 1st person to make game clips and montages because it is more presentable and generally gets no hate compared to 3rd person. From my own experience first person takes a lot more skill than third, my only problem is the tunnel vision at times but this can be avoided with footwork unless the person you are fighting is in 3rd and he can face hug without any negative effects unlike you, the person in 1st person.

    Compared to 3rd person fights, 1st person seems like the way the game was meant to be played. It looks more appealing than 3rd person, the fights are more fluid with very accurate parries and reposts which cause the gameplay to feel more fast paced and fluid unlike 3rd person fights where because of the common strategy



  • CONTINUED

    The common strategy is to run around your opponent and KEEP sprinting as much as you can. Constantly on the move and dodging in and out of range kills 1st person players. That is most 1st person players weakness. Not to mention that they can face hug with little to no consequences because they can see everything. The feint s are much harder to read as well because if they are smart they will move their sword to places where only the handle is visible. Not being able to see the tip of your enemy’s weapon makes their feints very frustrating. The only problem… is that doing this would be very tiring to anyone, irl and in the game. Once they are out they will simply run away and hit trade. Most of this you can’t do because you are in 1st person…

    Back on topic. From my experiences and from this new found knowledge I plan to eventually play only in 1st person except for team fights.

    I may host a knight only first person only duel tournament just to promote first person play.



  • I know I’m going to get bashed for this but if every comp player played in first person I feel that this game would be a lot more interesting.

    And yes I’m aware that I used to say 3rd person master race but after seeing the other side for so long I’ve realized that 1st is the way the game should be played, for many reasons.



  • I agree as 1st person is hard on console,( one reason I moved to PC, but thats besides the point ). But just because you play 1st or 3rd it doesn’t make you less of a player all tho 3rd offers more pros then 1st, still 1st can be used equally as well as 3rd (might be hard to believe since console offers no FOW setting) and if you get bashed on you can tell who takes the game more/too seriously then others. Its been awhile since I went back on console so idk how much its changed but if its the same…You’re for sure getting bashed on ha



  • @Zemen said:

    I agree as 1st person is hard on console,( one reason I moved to PC, but thats besides the point ). But just because you play 1st or 3rd it doesn’t make you less of a player all tho 3rd offers more pros then 1st, still 1st can be used equally as well as 3rd (might be hard to believe since console offers no FOW setting) and if you get bashed on you can tell who takes the game more/too seriously then others. Its been awhile since I went back on console so idk how much its changed but if its the same…You’re for sure getting bashed on ha

    It’s mostly the same.

    Also I don’t want to force people to begin transitioning to first but after a little research and from what I have learned/observed it would be a good idea. Would also be a way to break the Messer Hit trade meta to some extent as gambling wouldn’t be as effective



  • I cannot play in 3rd. I’ve used 1st so long that it’s the only way I can play. The problem with 1st on console is specifically the low FoV. If the default was at least 110, it’d be easier and have less issues.

    But it’s not all bad, easier to parry, aim drags. The people that run away and wind up slashes die because I either let them run around like idiots or if I do attack and miss I can cftp and riposte with them back in range. The issue is if they have high ping as well.

    I think if you all took a page from PC comp it’d be better. 1st only, which is unfortunately not enforceable, limit matches to 6v6 at most, 50% rule (can’t have more than half your lineup the same class), ping limits, etc. Could also do weapon bans pre match.



  • @Naleaus said:

    I cannot play in 3rd. I’ve used 1st so long that it’s the only way I can play. The problem with 1st on console is specifically the low FoV. If the default was at least 110, it’d be easier and have less issues.

    But it’s not all bad, easier to parry, aim drags. The people that run away and wind up slashes die because I either let them run around like idiots or if I do attack and miss I can cftp and riposte with them back in range. The issue is if they have high ping as well.

    I think if you all took a page from PC comp it’d be better. 1st only, which is unfortunately not enforceable, limit matches to 6v6 at most, 50% rule (can’t have more than half your lineup the same class), ping limits, etc. Could also do weapon bans pre match.

    Same here. Played 1st person since I started chivalry.



  • I only play 1st person



  • @General-Firefly said:

    I only play 1st person

    Haven’t seen you on Chiv for months. Do you even play anymore?



  • @AK Why would I be here if I didn’t play? I’m an active member of VM. “You” are an inattentive dunce.



  • @General-Firefly said:

    @AK Why would I be here if I didn’t play? I’m an active member of VM. “You” are an inattentive dunce.

    Kk



  • This post is deleted!


  • @AK said:

    @General-Firefly said:

    I only play 1st person

    Haven’t seen you on Chiv for months. Do you even play anymore?

    He was in the SB VM clan war a few weeks ago.