Combat idea

• Omg… I was looking back on my days playing Skyrim and it’s combat system and I had a really good idea for the combat in Chivalry (and possibly Mirage). One of the things that made Skyrims combat really fun was the final blow moves that they did where it had a mini cinematic happen where you would kill your enemy with a very cool looking final blow.

What about adding this to Chivalry or Mirage? When there is only one enemy left on the enemy team why not have a cinematic kill to make the game look much better than it already does. The final kill would also be rewarding and it would add a new layer to combat. Only thing, I don’t mean that it is a guaranteed kill like in Skyrim if you get the little cinematic kill thing. Of course the enemy would already have gotten killed but if I finish him with a stab I should be able to kick him off of my sword or rip it through his stomach. This would also make the combat look bloodied and gory (which Torn Banner LOVES)

We examples of the finishing moves in skyrim: https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=_bot8NKz8So

This would be very cool to see these. Like a 50/50 chance of happening to the last enemy after the final hit. Plus if the server owner wants, he can simply turn them off

• @AK said:

Only thing, I don’t mean that it is a guaranteed kill like in Skyrim if you get the little cinematic kill thing. Of course the enemy would already have gotten killed but if I finish him with a stab I should be able to kick him off of my sword or rip it through his stomach.

I LIKE THAT IDEA!

They’d have to do what the developers of Gears of War did when someone gets killed. I don’t know if you are aware of the bleed out mode, but basically if you take enough damage, you get downed. From there any player can either help you back up or execute you while you are crawling around…

This would make the execution animation idea more feasible in chivalry but like you said it would have to be a 50-50 chance that they are either killed instantly after a strike or they get downed, from there you can go into an execution animation.

I’d like different executions for different weapons like they do in Skyrim IF they decided experiment with this idea, like an arrow to the back of the head point blank or something like that.

• Jesus christ, please no. Animation locking things are a horrible fucking idea, even if they’re optional. The amount of mongoloid noobs who would go out of their way to do the WHOA SO COOL ECKS DEE moves would be ridiculous. Nothing would get done.

• This was going to be a feature. Even the animations for it exist. Multiple final blow kill animations for almost all weapon types.

• @lemonater47 said:

This was going to be a feature. Even the animations for it exist. Multiple final blow kill animations for almost all weapon types.

Wow. Didn’t know this. Wonder if they’ll follow through with it in mirage

• @village-elder

Nah. They’d have to be fluid like in assassins creed. If they don’t run with the combat then it doesn’t work. Plus I don’t like the idea of a “downed” player that is just waiting to get fatalitied (not even a real word but u get my meaning)

• @ToLazy4Name said:

Jesus christ, please no. Animation locking things are a horrible fucking idea, even if they’re optional. The amount of mongoloid noobs who would go out of their way to do the WHOA SO COOL ECKS DEE moves would be ridiculous. Nothing would get done.

What’s the problem if it’s the last guy in an LTS or the king in a TO. Would make the game look appealing and polished.

• Not to mention TB could profit from it if they were customizable and interchangeable in customization

• Or simply have them as a level 25,35,45,55,65 reward

• @AK said:

@village-elder

Nah. They’d have to be fluid like in assassins creed. If they don’t run with the combat then it doesn’t work. Plus I don’t like the idea of a “downed” player that is just waiting to get fatalitied (not even a real word but u get my meaning)

The way I’m thinking about it though is what if you get killed by a backswing or rainbow but then get pulled into an execution animation? That just looks weird. Another thing I’m worried about is how it would look with hit trades. That’s all I’m saying.

• @Village-Elder

don’t initiate the animation if you are in an unnatural position and have a sword bind animation for hit trades. Binds are what’s missing in this game anyways… why not include them this way

• I haven’t looked at any source code related to it if it still exists. But by the look of the assets for it in the SDK it looked like it was going to be “push E to execute” or something like that. With your opponent being in some sort of downed state.

So not fluid at all lol.

• Honestly, i think this feature will break the combat (notably for executor xd) + you’ll get bored from the same animations pretty fast. Expanded real-time denying like in Chivalry is the best way imho, when you chop off hand of your opponent, his body begin the animation, then you can chop off his leg (then will start new animation) or rip off his head, and it’s really satisfying, you must be precise with your strikes, simply because wrong strike just will bring down the opponent, and your " fatality " will be failed. (Sry if my Eng is bad)

• It would only make sense in duels or the last person in LTS. Otherwise someone else can just hit you as you’re performing the 10 second animation.

• @Xylvion said:

It would only make sense in duels or the last person in LTS. Otherwise someone else can just hit you as you’re performing the 10 second animation.

That’s the plan. It would be very cool if they were quick, bloody but still fluid and smooth in the core game scheme

• Personally I like the idea but I the existing death animations combined with random falls work perfectly fine as they are.

The downed feature as someone mentioned above like in the GoW series would only serve as an annoyance in LTS imo.