How does one go about becoming an Official Server Admin?

• I’m on Chivalry a lot, to the extent that whenever I join a server I know atleast two or three people on it at all times of day. I’ve noticed a heck of a lot more crappy behavior going on in Chivalry lately (more than usual and idk why) - people votekicking people b/c they don’t like them, a bunch of racial slurs being thrown out, people hogging servers, etc.

I’m usually not annoyed by it, playing Chiv on and off for three years has thickened my skin to trolls, but I’ve started to tolerate it less and report more and more offenses to admins in the Chivalry Official Server Admin groupchat. Unfortunately, out of maybe the ~12 times I’ve tried to get an admin to help, they were afk or just unresponsive. I started to think that maybe if I had some ability to help, or atleast threaten these trolls with the potential of a ban, etc., that I could start to alleviate the racism/server hogging problem that is getting so prevalent.

So how do you go about becoming an admin?

• @Homeskillet (forgot to mention that one time I was helped by an admin who was very nice, so when they are available they’re good :) - I think the problem is more of an availability thing than anything else)

• There is a thread to apply if you look around

• Global Moderator

@Homeskillet said:

I’m on Chivalry a lot, to the extent that whenever I join a server I know atleast two or three people on it at all times of day. I’ve noticed a heck of a lot more crappy behavior going on in Chivalry lately (more than usual and idk why) - people votekicking people b/c they don’t like them, a bunch of racial slurs being thrown out, people hogging servers, etc.

I’m usually not annoyed by it, playing Chiv on and off for three years has thickened my skin to trolls, but I’ve started to tolerate it less and report more and more offenses to admins in the Chivalry Official Server Admin groupchat. Unfortunately, out of maybe the ~12 times I’ve tried to get an admin to help, they were afk or just unresponsive. I started to think that maybe if I had some ability to help, or atleast threaten these trolls with the potential of a ban, etc., that I could start to alleviate the racism/server hogging problem that is getting so prevalent.

So how do you go about becoming an admin?

Application thread:
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/22346/looking-for-new-moderators-admins

• @SgtHannes Is there any evidence that people who used that are actually accepted? I just briefly read through it and it doesn’t seem like there is much luck.

• Pretty much the majority of the current admins were accepted through that thread–We’re always reading and discussing the applications posted, so if you think you can contribute to other players’ experience on Chivalry by becoming an admin feel free to post an application.
    However, unfortunately due to how easy it is to abuse the position of server admin we have to scrutinise the applications and be a bit selective of who is chosen, which is why it may seem not many people are ‘picked’ even if they appear to be ideal.

Good luck if you do post an application and I wish you well!

• Global Moderator

@Homeskillet said:

@SgtHannes Is there any evidence that people who used that are actually accepted? I just briefly read through it and it doesn’t seem like there is much luck.

Yeah, people definately do get accepted. However, that’s entirely based on the current demand for admins.

Since August 2015 the amount of admins has basically trippled.