Heavy Crossbow is Scary

• I decided to grind an archer as much as I hate them because I love crossbows and I figured I would give it a go. DAMN! That thing is a beast! I wish it did a “little” more damage against heavier opponents but its excels at anti archer. Anyone able to post current Warbow stats compared to the HCrossbow? I don’t want the Warbow if it is lacking.

• http://chivalry.wikia.com/wiki/Warbow

I just started using the warbow, and i’d call it a vanguard killer. High rate of fire and twice the ammo. If you can 1 shot a vanguard/maa with that xbow, let me know because I haven’t used xbows yet.

• an aside. It would be nice if people leveled their archery weapons in FFA where its much easier. Leveling your short bow in team objective is lame. Especially when 4 other people on your team are doing it as well. I’m not saying don’t ever be an archer, but there is a time and a place, and its usually not when you’re attacking.

• As an aside to the previous aside…if you are bent on leveling weapons (especially ranged weapons) despite detrimental game factors which make them ineffective; i.e. Team Objective example of previous post, expect frustration. Thus far, each unlock has not been an “upgrade.” “Sidegrade” is probably the better term. Meaning that you will grind your !#$ off to get something you think will be “better,” only to find that it serves a different purpose and may not be better than the weapon before it.
    Luckily, the devs appear to have considered this by giving you a nifty little bypass to those irrelevant weapons which get you killed over and over because they are the wrong tool for the job. Weapon unlocks occur not through the use of each new unlock (Thank GOD!) but rather through a set number of kills with any weapon in the primary/secondary slots of each class (Archer [Long, Short, War] Van [Great, Clay, Zweli]) So if you want that War bow, use whatever unlocked bow you want to get the kills to unlock it.

• @DrHawk:

I decided to grind an archer as much as I hate them because I love crossbows and I figured I would give it a go. DAMN! That thing is a beast! I wish it did a “little” more damage against heavier opponents but its excels at anti archer. Anyone able to post current Warbow stats compared to the HCrossbow? I don’t want the Warbow if it is lacking.

compared to the warbow, the heavy xbow lacks in damage for its reload speed, warbow is the better choice, being able to shoot probably 3 times or so in the time it takes to reload once of the heavy xbow.

Best xbow so far is the starter, longbow and warbow are on the same terms, just bit different damage (balance needs working out lol)