Rank Reset and All Weapons Lost, Still cant see any servers

• I have been connecting through steam into my friends games instead of using the server browser because no servers show up in mine. Now i logged in and all of my weapons are gone, not a huge deal because getting them back is easy, i am just curious as to if this will persist.

• There are so many posts on those topics. Browse the forums. You’ll find what your looking for. Also, the answer to you question: they’re working on fixing it, and it should be by the next hotfix. And for finding servers, there’s an official thread here: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2075

• To clarify: problems with ranks and weapon progress are being addressed in a hotfix. The issue with the server browser is a problem many Steam titles are currently suffering from - Steam has a fix for it, but said fix hasn’t been applied yet. There’s nothing TBS can do about that until it’s fixed on Steam’s end except for the potential fixes in the thread Jake linked. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Has this hotfix been applied b/c this just happened to me as well, not fun having your weapons and ranked stripped 4 no reason thats for sure, if the fix hasnt been applied yet for character info loss an ETA would be appreciated….this has completely deflated my eagerness to continue playing.

On another note that fix for crashes should be removed from the Known issues and fixes thread, it appears that like myself others are applying these instructions and losing alot of gametime worth of progress

• There is no ETA on the hotfix.

• I definitely won’t be playing until I get my rank and weapons back. I didn’t work up to 14 and unlock a bunch of shit just to do it all over again. I didn’t choose “prestige”.

• Will the hotfix just prevent this from happening again or will I get my weapons back?

• @IngiP:

Will the hotfix just prevent this from happening again or will I get my weapons back?

Sadly, I believe that it will just prevent it from happening again. There is no way to get your weapons back without re-earning it. But I’m not sure. Do you know Sly?

• I don’t know anything about anything. I only relay what I’ve been told or have read from a red name somewhere.

• @SlyGoat:

I don’t know anything about anything. I only relay what I’ve been told or have read from a red name somewhere.

I think i saw a developer saying that they had no way to reverse the effects.

• Well that sucks. 17 hours worth of progression gone.

• Yeahh, it’s happening to a lot of people, sorry for the inconvenience of it.
    But hey, you can start over already being good. :P

• Had practically all of the Knight unlocked, Some vanguard and some archer… REALLY annoyed when it happened to me. I don’t feel very motivated to unlock everything again with fear of losing it again… And I suppose the hotfix as previously stated will only make it stop happening, and not give my status back. By the way, it seems it re-sets everything in the game, not only the weapon unlock. No favorites on my server list and also my graphic options were re-set. Really frustrating.

• I think i just stumbled upon the same or at least a similar bug. I just bought this game on Steam the other day, and everything wa fine-ish, spontaneous crashes, etc, but since the last evening I’m stuck at my current weapon unlock levlel. I’m playing on the official servers but to no avail, can’t seem to get any weapons now. I tried various classes but no luck, the numbers on weapons stay the same. I hope the guys from TBS will address this issue. Btw, judging by the last post: is the fix already out? Or am I misreading and badly in need of coffee?

• I was level 17 with all tier 2 unlocks and most tier 3 unlocks. Now I have nothing. I’m really really upset about this. I hate grinds in my game. Unlocks are bullshit to begin with, and now I have to do it all again.

• @Mouse:

I was level 17 with all tier 2 unlocks and most tier 3 unlocks. Now I have nothing. I’m really really upset about this. I hate grinds in my game. Unlocks are bullshit to begin with, and now I have to do it all again.

To say I’m pissed off to have to go through all of that again is an understatement. Is there any official, citable response to this issue and how they’re going to deal with it? Saying, “Woops, that won’t happen again.” isn’t enough, in my opinion. Like Mouse said, grinding is a mundane boring process. I can understand doing it once. I want my shit back.

• I’d hafto agree, especially grinding archer. My specialty is a mid-range archer but hell, it’s hard to unlock that final bow and once you’re used to the warbow there’s no going back…. so the hell is this? OOpse we screwed up go unlock it all again? BULL. that’s just plain stupid and messed.

• Let us skip this crappy unlock system. I hate it when I drop money on a game then it tells me that I need to grind for the next 2 months to unlock virtual shite I’ve already paid for. Idk, maybe some people like that mundane crap, but when I play a game it’s to kill time for an hour or two - ‘rank’ means nothing to me so exempt me from the ranking system for skipping the unlocks. Don’t care how its done, but these unlock systems that are supposed to keep people playing the game push people who don’t have the time for it away… or simply cannot be bothered to grind a class they don’t like playing but want to test out the various play styles etc ETC blah blah.

Basically unlock system bad.

• Did anyone else had everything re-set like me instead of just weapons? As in, graphic options and a complete wipe in my server favorite list?

• If unlocks are stored client side, couldn’t one just modify a file and unlock everything?