Easter weekend gaming

• Developer

Hope everyone had a good break (or if you’re getting Monday off too, continue to enjoy it).

I spent a bunch of the time playing the Day of the Tentacle remaster and a bit of The Division.

What’s everyone else been playing?

• Played and completed VVVVVV, a bit disappointing with the over-precise-yet-floaty controls, but still fun for the 2 or so hours it took. Also playing Super Metroid, much fun!

• I fired up both my super game rigs , purchased a few games, but then got stuck into Bosch a very good tv show plus Fear the walking
    dead last night. Also fired up my rack server twin x5460 quads with 16gb of ram in some hope of setting up a chivalry server tbh.

• I played a lot of Rocket League. That game is video game crack cocaine. I learned to play the game in player view and I wanted to try it in cam view. It was a disorientating endeavor to play in ball cam, but after many hours in unranked,im starting to play in the same way I used to in the old camera view.

• Developer

@Oilystool I never use ball cam but some people I know swear by it. I find I can’t tell my velocity very well at all in the mode, I keep missing the ball!

@tummeh I found VVVVVV to be pretty fun overall. His other game Super Hexagon is pretty excellent on my phone.

@loin I’ve had enough of The Walking Dead tbh but am getting into Daredevil

• @playerhayter said:

@Oilystool I never use ball cam but some people I know swear by it. I find I can’t tell my velocity very well at all in the mode, I keep missing the ball!

@tummeh I found VVVVVV to be pretty fun overall. His other game Super Hexagon is pretty excellent on my phone.

@loin I’ve had enough of The Walking Dead tbh but am getting into Daredevil

I don’t blame you really, although I stopped buying episodes of the walknig dead at season 6 episode 3.
    reason being I purchased the Zombie nation plus dark matter entire seasons on amazon, so was going to watch
    the rest of walking dead at xmas. The show I recently am watching is free with prime called Fear the Walking dead
    it seems to be a spin off? but quite ok atm. As for Daredevil lets not even discuss that, its a daily struggle not to watch
    the remaining of season 2 hehe. It was also one of my favourite comics back in the day with iron fist.

• @playerhayter

Yeah if you play in player cam instead of ball cam,its disorientating,learning how to judge the velocity is one of the hardest parts. When i switched I waffled over and over ,due to the fast paced style i played on player cam. Its taken time but im getting used to it and it is feeling better and better . It makes you a better defender, since the 360 view lets you make intercepts at angles that are tricky in player cam. When you learn to control yourself quickly you can learn to take advantages of situations that normally the ball would have sailed past you,like when it goes behind and you score with a bicycle hit. Getting better at ariels as well using this mode. I still use the player cam,which i switch on to take boost.

• Been replaying Dark Souls