Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 46

• Developer

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 46

A new patch is now available for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

This patch adds a quartet of new Workshop items created by artist Oilystool, and donated for free to Chivalry players - as a way for the prolific Chivalry content creator to give back to the community. Follow the Chivalry Community on Steam to unlock the following items:

• Myrmidon, a Javelin replacement for the Archer.
    • The Milanese, a Quarterstaff replacement for the Man-at-arms.
    • Headhunter, a Messer replacement for the Knight.
    • Cold Spectre, a Greatsword replacement for the Vanguard.

The patch also addresses the following fixes.

Changes

• Added the Royal Squad helm, a helmet replacement for the Agatha Archer by Ni Huishenme (part of the Royal Squad set).

• Removed console command exploits

• Decreased range of “kick” action

• Added customization options to Mercenary Roundshield by Oilystool

• Removed all collision from a couple foliage meshes that blocked weapons

• Map fixes:

• Irilla: fixed two points bugs: Masons no longer get endless points until you die if you were in the trebuchet volume when the trebuchet objective is completed. Can no longer use the ram after the second door is destroyed, thus getting endless free points.
      • Stoneshill village FFA/TDM: made the gate to the castle with no collision a feature, not a bug! Gate is now visibly open. Fixed a broken blocking volume on top of a village house.
      • Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.
      • Colosseum: side gate with potentially no collision fixed.
      • Belmez: added double check to fix potential issue where spawn points don’t change after the barn is burnt.
      • Citadel: fixed collision issue on broken bridge mesh which was breaking firepots.
      • Drunken Bazaar: smoothed over collision on rubble immediately under bridge crank. Set final area peasants to non-moving so they stop wandering off the balcony. Added kill volumes off the balcony to prevent map escaping out that-a-way. Removed sticky spot on a rock along the push path.
      • Darkforest: further blocked off a roof in the final area that should be inaccessible
      • Belmez: fixed invisible spawn boat.
      • Castle Assault: removed access to a map exploit by walking on some cliffs in the river near the first objective.
      • Castle assault duel: moved spawn points outside of the inaccessible rooms
      • Shore: minor collision improvement on arch near first Agatha spawn.
      • Hideout: stuck spot behind a pillar jumping down to the breakable gate
      • Coldfront: that one floating torch. Siege weapons are disabled after second objective completes. Replaced the bots on the docks that usually go completely unnoticed with simple animated peasants. Blocked gate from being able to be hit from the rear.
      • Outpost: added extra collision to tree trunks that could be hidden in.
    • Added Coldfront2 experimental variant

• Huh. Nice.

• Kind of dumb to release a patch just 4 hours before the weekend kicks off. Not a lot of servers, including my own got updated…

But thanks for the fixes!

• Good job guys :)

• Very nice update, thanks for the weapons guys and Oillystool. Not a fitting name, because if he’s anything, its not stool. Or is it stool, as in a work stool he spilled oil on in his workshop?

Anyways, one problem. Last time I played last night, the Milanese quarterstaff skin wasn’t working for Warmod. It worked in vanilla just fine, and so did the other skins, but with the quarterstaff it would just revert to the default.

• Excuse the double post, I can’t find the Edit link, if there is one.

I forgot to mention that the Thornstaff skin works just fine for Warmod.

• @Aleihr It is the three dots and you get a drop down menu

- Coldfront: that one floating torch. Siege weapons are disabled after second objective completes.

Oh no, I’ve killed the king so many times with that siege weapon and it always got a laugh.

• @gregcau What? I said nothing of the like in any way, shape, or form.

• Uh, again with the no edit. Look I can get and respect that it could be to get folks to think better before they post, hell, there is a preview. But mistakes are still bound to be made.

Anyways, sorry, I think you meant to reply to the topic and not me personally.

• @Aleihr said:

Uh, again with the no edit. Look I can get and respect that it could be to get folks to think better before they post, hell, there is a preview. But mistakes are still bound to be made.

Anyways, sorry, I think you meant to reply to the topic and not me personally.

I was replying to both.

You misunderstood, click on the 3 dots to drop down a menu to edit your postt

alt text

• Thanks for the patch (and the skins!) I just have a very annoying bug so if someone is here can he take a look at my topic please? Thanks!
    Here’s the link: http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/23504/patch-46-bug

• @gregcau Oh I see now. Well, I’m feeling bright…
    I’ve noticed it, sure I should have clicked and tried it but it struck me as a View option like in the Library in Steam. It just doesn’t come off as ‘Edit’ to me.

Edit: There seems to be a duplicate. I tried deleting one, but it shows both of them shaded like they are marked for deletion…
    An explanation of how this works?

• @gregcau said:

@Aleihr It is the three dots and you get a drop down menu

- Coldfront: that one floating torch. Siege weapons are disabled after second objective completes.

Oh no, I’ve killed the king so many times with that siege weapon and it always got a laugh.

Well like all extra “fun” in Chivalry, TB will seek it out, and destroy it.

I’ve managed to do it a couple times myself, and like your experience, I’ve found everyone to find it hilarious. But by no means is it some automatic kill, or even often done.

Seriously, if you can kill a player across the map at the max range on the catapult, good on you! Why is this considered something that needs to be “fixed”.

And another thing, pre-game attacks have been further limited? Who cares if players kill time waiting for the map to load by shooting each other! Oh right, archers have the advantage there if the VG doesn’t have throwing weapons. Forum VG’s feel further alienated, Forum VG’s cry, TB dries tears. Seen this before.

• @jlaff said:

And another thing, pre-game attacks have been further limited? Who cares if players kill time waiting for the map to load by shooting each other! Oh right, archers have the advantage there if the VG doesn’t have throwing weapons. Forum VG’s feel further alienated, Forum VG’s cry, TB dries tears. Seen this before.

idk that was nerfed forever ago, there was a left over quick ranged pre game attack if maybe you had a fast computer - but its rare and leaves you with 100% team damage until you hit an enemy

• “Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.”

destroy ships

• @LongSun said:

“Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.”

Never noticed that, Outpost hud markers stuck on the first objective I see all the time, easy to reproduce if you are in spectator mode and join after 1st objective is over.

• @gregcau said:

@LongSun said:

“Hillside: “defend the ballista”/“destroy ships” hud markers stuck off in the distance removed.”

Never noticed that, Outpost hud markers stuck on the first objective I see all the time, easy to reproduce if you are in spectator mode and join after 1st objective is over.

it’s been like that for years, back when objective markers were blue too. I guess I see coz I like to defend those stairs and poor little archers against flanking masons.

• This post is deleted!

• what was in the ~311mb update a few days ago? O_O