The Vigilist

• So thinking about the different classes, I would probably try the Vigilist first. Shield and spear is a proven method not just in DW but historically as well. But certain questions arise upon further thought.

Can you chain stabs like Spartan, or combo into shield bash? Does the spear have a slash attack? Does the shield itself feel like MW or more like a weapon? How heavily armored is the Vigilist compared to other classes?

I noticed the shield toss, and I know there are other abilities to swap out, so it seems like this is possibly the strongest melee class, best equipped for team attacks. Just not sure yet how flexible the magic is. Shield throw and Bubble shield is all I know of right now, and possibly eye lasers or something? The Taurant seems like a maul Knight and the Vigilist seems like a Spartaviking. Not sure how the magic fits in.

• @Oy Did I read somwhere they all get magic or is it only some of the classes?

One thing I did read was there are still only 3 slots to equip - which I found rather surprising, I assumed the magic classes would have a number of spells to choose from to make it as varied as the different ways melee classes can attack.

• @gregcau said:

One thing I did read was there are still only 3 slots to equip - which I found rather surprising, I assumed the magic classes would have a number of spells to choose from to make it as varied as the different ways melee classes can attack.

I have no clue how the game is played. I don’t know where your getting all the information about the classes and spells and such.

But I kind of assumed that a spell would take up one slot, and the mouse buttons would be the different ways to cast it.

You know. MB1 for standard attack. Scroll down for more damage. Scroll up for longer range.

• There are supposed to be 3 spell slots at a time for all classes, but you can swap spells out in the loadout menu like changing weapons in Chiv. I’m assuming there will be a large pool of spells to choose from, there are possibly global spells that any class can use and presumably special spells only certain classes can use.

I’d just like to know if 1 really good player was to go up against 4 or 5 decent players, which class would give you the best chance. Vigilist seems like the answer because of the bubble shield which forces close combat, and the good 1v1 capability of a spear + shield build. But to know for sure we need some clarification on the different spells available as they’re arguably more important than the weapons balance-wise.

In Chiv if I have to kill multiple opponents at a time I reach for a Polehammer or a Messer, in Mirage it may not be so simple. Alchemancer sounds useless to me in this situation since he has no melee or blocking ability. Vypress with her daggers might be decent but she sounds too squishy. Entropist is a support class from what I hear, not a strong fighter. Tinker is the same thing, probably not super dangerous 1v1 but more of a team-player. That just leaves the Vigilist and the Taurant as the two close-quarters heavy hitters. And the Taurant may not have enough defense to pull off a 1v4.

Hurry up and reveal some more stuff pls.

• @Skindiacus said:

@gregcau said:

I have no clue how the game is played. I don’t know where your getting all the information about the classes and spells and such.

But I kind of assumed that a spell would take up one slot, and the mouse buttons would be the different ways to cast it.

You know. MB1 for standard attack. Scroll down for more damage. Scroll up for longer range.

If you read all the articles they referenced that information is there.

I like your idea of different mouse buttons doing different variations of spells. Take a shield spell for example perhaps LMB would do a weaker shield that could cover nearby allies, forward scroll could do a fast personal shield where back scroll could do a slower but stronger personal shield.

• Yeah. Exactly.

• Developer

The Vigilist will have 3 abilities, like all other classes. Abilities are controlled through Q, E and F. She also has the chiv style melee combat of control; mouse buttons + mouse wheel.

The 3 abilities are considered the classes’ loadout, there are more abilities to choose from but you must make a choice as to what ones you want to use in battle!

These abilities will work together with her Melee “style”(spear and shield).

Can’t go into too much more detail because Mirage is always evolving and what is true today, may not be true later.

• Oh that’s cool. But I’ll probably change my binds to Q, E and R.

• I’m assuming everything can use customized binding. If I was doing melee and spell I would likely prefer something like - hold down Q and then use LMB, Scroll Up, Scroll Down for 3 different abilities.

• @tehKage said:

The Vigilist will have 3 abilities, like all other classes. Abilities are controlled through Q, E and F. She also has the chiv style melee combat of control; mouse buttons + mouse wheel.

So you can control your melee and magic at the same time? I wonder if that lets you pull off mad combos. Like LMB into stab into magic.

When exactly do we get to try the beta?

• @tehKage Do you mean that kicks is no more a thing in Mirage? :(

• @Netherim said:

@tehKage Do you mean that kicks is no more a thing in Mirage? :(

I’m sure some classes will still have kicks. But I mean, if kickes are replaced by a high-knockback spell, I’ll be fine.

• Developer

@Skindiacus said:

@tehKage said:

So you can control your melee and magic at the same time? I wonder if that lets you pull off mad combos. Like LMB into stab into magic.

When exactly do we get to try the beta?

Fluid combat is extremely important, so combo’ing between magic and melee is a big part of what we are focusing on now.

Beta is scheduled for early Summer :)

@Netherim said:

@tehKage Do you mean that kicks is no more a thing in Mirage? :(

I am going to pull the classic “I can neither confirm nor deny” statement. I am sorry :(