Mirage lore blog series - Introduction

• Developer

alt text

Mirage: Arcane Warfare tells the story of magic spirits, mystic warriors and the fight for the control of otherworldly powers in a land of opulent palaces, harsh deserts and bustling markets.

This series of blogs will chronicle the background to Mirage: Arcane Warfare’s setting.

PART ONE - The Cataclysm

Learn of the fall of the ancient nation of Nankur and the cataclysmic event known as the Dinan Genesis which brought forth the magic spirits of the Jinn, and reshaped the world.

PART TWO - The Rise of Bashrahn

From the ashes of destroyed Nankur arises Bashrahn, a golden city state brought into prosperity through the power harnessed from the Jinn.

PART THREE - The War

The contemporary setting for Mirage: Arcane Warfare, which sees the presence of arcane power dividing the territory into competing factions: the Bashrahni Emirate, who see magic as a tool for industry and progress; and the Azar Cabal, rebels outcast from the city for their seemingly overzealous communion with the Jinn spirits.

Stay tuned for Part One - The Cataclysm, next week.

• Sounds neato.

I hope plenty of sketches, development, concept art, matte paintings, and early 3d designs are included in these posts!

• Developer

@Tummeh said:

Sounds neato.

I hope plenty of sketches, development, concept art, matte paintings, and early 3d designs are included in these posts!

The lore posts will be mostly story (i.e. text) with a concept piece to illustrate each “part”.

We’ll have other more development focused blogs to highlight the behind the scenes stuff you mention.

• This made Sin very happy in his robes. Looking forward to it.

• I dont really care about the lore in general. But a lot of people get into it and having a whole background n Malric (as an example) does make a difference to fans. Kind of sets the tone for the game.

Please make the lore include some hot girls and short skirts.

• Calling it right now, Bashrahni is getting shortened to Bash, and Azar Cabal is beoming just Azar. Or AC.

Actually yeah. I’d be okay with BE vs AC.

• @Skindiacus more like “purple team” and “orange team”

• @rumpelstiltskin said:

more like “purple team” and “orange team”

Yeah maybe.

• Developer

@Skindiacus said:

Calling it right now, Bashrahni is getting shortened to Bash, and Azar Cabal is beoming just Azar. Or AC.

Actually yeah. I’d be okay with BE vs AC.

Bash v Azar - that’s a pretty safe bet. It’s what we often use internally here.