Can't start my game while steam open

• Hello everybody, i have a big problem for play chivalry.

I tried absolutely everything but my game is impossible to launch with steam (when i close it and start with the launcher it’s okay but impossible to play online like that)

I’m not sure but i think it stopped to work when i put the server file in steam>config but it shounld’t be that because i reinstalled steam.
    I verified the integrity one hundred time, reinstalled steam tried all know issues (the game start one second and i can only see the first picture with knights and then close quickly)

i repeat it’s only when steam it’s open, but without steam impossible to play online :(

thanks in advance i really need help

• Developer

Likely the same thing as viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3648&p=27457

Are you running a 32-bit OS?

Can you try starting the game (with Steam open) with the Steam Overlay disabled, just for laughs? (In Steam: Steam->Settings->In-Game->Enable Steam Community In-Game)

• he was already enable so i try again but no and tried when disable and no still don’t work but thanks for trying to help me . my OS is windows 32bit yes.

i was seeking in the launcher log in my game>udkgame>log and in the launcher.txt i have that maybe it can help

[0001.70] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.( i have more than 10go of free space so i don’t think it’s that)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException error in UDK:

Un composant externe a levé une exception.

à GuardedMainWrapper(Char* , HINSTANCE__* , HINSTANCE__* , Int32 )
    à ManagedGuardedMain(Char* CmdLine, HINSTANCE__* hInInstance, HINSTANCE__* hPrevInstance, Int32 nCmdShow)Address = 0x7c812afb (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x5d0f51 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x5ddf53 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x7c923bbf (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll]
    Address = 0x7c91f65c (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll]
    Address = 0x7c809430 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x7c80c2a0 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x18d22bc (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x18d180d (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x566256 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

• Except in my case (from linked thread) I can’t get the game to start with or without steam…

• i also saw the cpu and when i launch the game he up to 88% 4/5 seconds (normally it is at 16%) may it’s one of the problem

• Developer

If it’s not too much too ask, can you download and run http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi … 35533.aspx (from Microsoft / Sysinternals). Let the game crash, but don’t click anything on the window that prompts you to close it. Open vmmap, choose UDK.exe from the list, then go File -> Save, save the vmmap file somewhere and post it here?

If the game just auto-quits instead of leaving a window up, you have to choose the “Launch and trace a new process” option instead, and select UDK.exe as the Application (leave the other two boxes blank)

It’s hard to catch this particular issue as we’ve fixed it in most cases on most configurations, including our 32-bit XP test machine, and we can’t personally test every configuration out there. Though, even if you can’t help we have a good idea of what’s going on and are still actively working on it.

@beamanbr:

Except in my case (from linked thread) I can’t get the game to start with or without steam…

It’s potentially related regardless, although definitely not a sure thing considering it’s happening without Steam running too.

• loading screen closed very quickly so i don’t know if it’s full but it’s good i guess. here !

edit: i attached the file

• You should be able to attach it now.

• up, i think we are close to the end of that problem

• Here’s my version of the same. However, your board has a 750 KB limit, the file is 800 KB, so I archived it in .rar format.

• Still nobody? i would try it this week end

• still nothing? i really want to play online, i bought it last week now…

• still crash for me at torn banner studio despite of the hotfix… Someone can help?

it work just after the hotfix but no servers so i restarted steam and i had game crashes again… this game really despair me

(oh and of course i try all new “fix” for the problem but dont work for me)

• Developer

The VMMAP files are… interesting. There’s nothing amiss in them as far as I can see, making me fairly sure that the error itself is nonsense and not at all related to the similar issue we were having earlier.

Two things then:
    A) Right click the game in Steam, click Properties, click Local Files, and click Verify Integrity of the Game Cache.
    B) If the game still doesn’t work, head into My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs. You should see one or more .log and .dmp files. Reply to this thread, attaching a matching pair of .dmp and .log files.

• integrity doesn’t work sorry

here my log thanks for the help :

[attachment=1:2q2mbssh]Launch.log[/attachment:2q2mbssh]

[attachment=0:2q2mbssh]unreal-v10246-2012.10.23-20.29.41.dmp[/attachment:2q2mbssh]

• Was reading your Launch.log and found this:

[0011.26] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    [0011.26] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. (2)
    [0014.60] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException error in UDK:

Un composant externe a levé une exception.

Maybe check to see how much hard drive space you have left and make sure your computer has enough RAM to run the game.

• I am having a similar issue so here are my files, for some reason i am no longer generating .dmp files so i will just use the most recent one i have…but it prior to me crashing…Since some of the files are too large i will just add a dropbox link:

VMMap File
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40728342/UDK.mmp

• Developer

@momolebig:

integrity doesn’t work sorry

here my log thanks for the help :

[attachment=1:3ea39tvy]Launch.log[/attachment:3ea39tvy]

[attachment=0:3ea39tvy]unreal-v10246-2012.10.23-20.29.41.dmp[/attachment:3ea39tvy]

Sorry for the slow response. It’s crashing while attempting to load AOC.upk. I’m still trying to reason out why exactly that’s happening. Can you launch the game through vmmap the other way? That is,

Choose “Launch and trace a new process” option instead, and select UDK.exe as the Application (leave the other two boxes blank)

Or did you do that originally?

It’s possible that you’re actually low on virtual memory, but not very likely (you have a 4 GB page file…).

• i launch with vmmap but nothing special happened torn banner and crash sorry.

I don’t think that my virtual memory because i still can launch it without steam

• i’m back and still not playing . if i change my OS it may work? may you have an idea where the problem come from ?