Map spawn design for TO

• So who thought it was a good idea to have the defending team spawn on top of the objectives?

• Nooo. We spawn close enough as it is.

• @Jake:

Nooo. We spawn close enough as it is.

I think that’s what he’s trying to say, it’s too close already :P

• @Martin:

@Jake:

Nooo. We spawn close enough as it is.

I think that’s what he’s trying to say, it’s too close already :P

Ooh, I read that wrong, i thought he said that you should spawn on top of it… I need sleep lol

• Example? The closest one I can think of is Trebuchet 3 in Hillside, which is being looked at.

• @Andrew:

Example? The closest one I can think of is Trebuchet 3 in Hillside, which is being looked at.

That’s the only one that’s really close, but others just seem like it, or are close enough to where it only takes around 10 seconds to you run to where you need to be.

• Final objective of stoneshill, anyone? :?

Or the last leg of battlegrounds, where you practically spawn in front of the objective.

• Don’t recall the map name, but it’s where you bring the battering ram up to the castle door after pillaging the village. The fact you have to use the battering ram while there’s oil pots over it, 2 ballistas(one that aims into the spawn barn of the Masons), with the spawn directly behind the gate makes for an endless wave of enemies to the point you rarely see the map go beyond that point. It just needs a slight adjustment to make things fair. Rest have stated the others already.

• The last leg of battlegrounds is way too close. I have yet to lose a game there as mason. It is just impossible to lose because it takes Mason 5 seconds to be back at cart, while Agatha requires a good 10-15.

Admittedly I always go Mason on that level and rack up a lot of points from defending cart and the easy kills :? BUT I still think in real fairness, Mason need to start back a bit.
    OR have Agatha spawn closer. Like on that bridge.

• @geladius:

Don’t recall the map name, but it’s where you bring the battering ram up to the castle door after pillaging the village. The fact you have to use the battering ram while there’s oil pots over it, 2 ballistas(one that aims into the spawn barn of the Masons), with the spawn directly behind the gate makes for an endless wave of enemies to the point you rarely see the map go beyond that point. It just needs a slight adjustment to make things fair. Rest have stated the others already.

This one does get beaten though. Battleground I have yet to see be beaten by Agatha.

• @geladius:

Don’t recall the map name, but it’s where you bring the battering ram up to the castle door after pillaging the village. The fact you have to use the battering ram while there’s oil pots over it, 2 ballistas(one that aims into the spawn barn of the Masons), with the spawn directly behind the gate makes for an endless wave of enemies to the point you rarely see the map go beyond that point. It just needs a slight adjustment to make things fair. Rest have stated the others already.

I totally agree with that one. They give you all those defensive options, and you spawn right there, AND you have to use the ram, not just stand by it. Plus how do you even use the ram? Ive only gotten close enough to it to press E like 2 times then ive died immedialy, I didnt know if i had to do anything else or what.

And trebuche 3 like has been said.

• Personally suggest it goes back to what it was in Age of Chivalry, where you have to roll the tower up to the wall. Possibly open the gate if you can breach the wall defense. Right now that map has archers sitting in inaccessible spawn areas shooting down at the battering ram you have to use.

• @Chuckdatass:

The last leg of battlegrounds is way too close. I have yet to lose a game there as mason. It is just impossible to lose because it takes Mason 5 seconds to be back at cart, while Agatha requires a good 10-15.

Admittedly I always go Mason on that level and rack up a lot of points from defending cart and the easy kills :? BUT I still think in real fairness, Mason need to start back a bit.
    OR have Agatha spawn closer. Like on that bridge.

I find battlegrounds to be the hardest to attack because of that reason and don’t often win as Agatha.