General Feedback Build 49694

• Feedback Build 49694

Voice Dialogue -
    I would like to preface this section by saying most of the feedback here is negative, but for every negative point I make and example used, there are other voice lines which are done exceptionally well. In general I like the voices and characters, but I hope to bring to your attention a possible problem with voice lines that are overly long and fail to get the message across succinctly.

• Voice dialogue can be too long. Players spamming voices in Chiv can be annoying, but would be far more annoying if it were like in Mirage where characters can go into a couple of sentences of dialogue. In my opinion: if the voice line consists of multiple breaks / pauses via commas or periods, it probably isn’t a very good line.
      Ex: Tinker panic: “This is useless! We’re all gonna die.” This is a good line if it were separated into two voice commands instead of one. Especially because the first sentence can exist without the second following it.

• Voice dialogue can be outright bad. Tinker panic: “Do something! Alchemancer, Taurant, Vigilist, somebody! Do something!” This entire line sounds… odd. There are three words that aren’t repeated and three words naming character classes (maybe your team doesn’t have a Taurant? Everybody likes Vypress and Tinker after all ;-)).

• Voice dialogue doesn’t always explicitly say what it needs to. “Behind you!” dialogue can be long and convoluted.
      Ex: Tinker “Somebody tell the Vigilist that she failed to notice the Cabal flanking us.” Waaaaay too long to say Behind you! No sense of urgency.
      Ex: Vigilist “Look out! Your Alchemancer marked(?) you for piss.” This is supposed to be a warning that enemies approach, but the message doesn’t really convey “incoming enemies”.

General:

• Jumps can be mildly broken still by spamming the jump key. Not sure if this has to do with some form of jump cooldown that exists to prevent dodge spamming.

• Players can interact with the turquoise health globe of fallen friends. This probably should not be the case, as it is exploitable / rewards enemy team for losing comrades.

Feints:
    Most of these points are already known by TBS. Feel free to skip.

• Feinted attacks still make the grunt sound, but do so with a delay.
    • Feints will not work if you hit the feint button too soon after initiating an attack. You should be able to perform feints at any time during the initial stage of a windup without delay.
    • CFTP and FTP still have a noticeable delay. This needs urgent fixing as player inputs are quicker than the game can handle (feels limiting).

Classes:

Tinker:

• Performing the “Dervish” attack with an intentional miss comboing into another attack will hit during the players recovery period if they parried at the missed Dervish attack.
    • Can bypass the set up time when planting a mine by executing the ability mid-air. Will instantly place the mine on landing.

Taurant

• Lacking in mobility moves to get to certain vertical elements in the map. While we currently do not have access to a full array of abilities to select from, I would like to suggest separating the leap slam to an on-activate style move as it was before, so the Taurant can use the leap to get up to high places and climb, instead of always using it to slam the ground.

Vigilist

• Currently suffering from the same issue as Taurant, cannot access vertical elements of a map with the current ability set. This might not be an issue when the other abilities are implemented. Perhaps her disperse attack could function the same as the proposed Taurant leap slam change, where the leap section can instead be used to climb or slam the ground per user input.

Gameplay continues to improve, I don’t notice the tap / held modifiers as much as before but with one caveat: When I tap alt and release and it toggles, it stays toggled for a short period of time after I have released the alt key during my attack. This causes my next attack in the combo to sometimes become an alt swing, despite my finger no longer being actively pressed on the alt key. I would still prefer to have the ability to disable this behavior entirely because I’m a very tap happy player and I dislike toggling.

Regards,
    Gauntlet

• @Gauntlet said in General Feedback Build 49694:

When I tap alt and release and it toggles, it stays toggled for a short period of time after I have released the alt key during my > attack. This causes my next attack in the combo to sometimes become an alt swing, despite my finger no longer being
    actively pressed on the alt key.

I thought I saw that but then couldn’t reproduce it. I like that the new voice commands sound professional but agree some of the lines are too long (I haven’t gone through them all in that level of detail).

I wonder if TBS would like suggestions of shorter alternatives or were these on the polish list for a makeover (voice acting costs money of course).

• Developer

Voice commands will be weeded-- and also weighted towards playing shorter lines, right now everything is just thrown in there. There’s something like 250-300 lines per character- it will take some time. Thanks for the feedback!

• @Gauntlet said in General Feedback Build 49694:

When I tap alt and release and it toggles, it stays toggled for a short period of time after I have released the alt key during my attack. This causes my next attack in the combo to sometimes become an alt swing, despite my finger no longer being actively pressed on the alt key. I would still prefer to have the ability to disable this behavior entirely because I’m a very tap happy player and I dislike toggling.

The other issue with the alt right now is that if you tap it, its not really a toggle either - it lasts for just the next attack and if you use that “tap” while actively swinging it ignores it all together. Then if you slowly press down alt and release it does another thing.

In CMW for a while I would bind the “alt attack” to my forward movement (W) so that I would always do an alt attack (it was kind of weapon specific though, I dont like some polearms alt attacks). I think that was when alt attacks were slightly faster lol.

• Developer

The toggle functionality still have issues and have been disabled until we can fix them, we also have a mode where the directional attacks are based on your left/right movement. It was feeling good at the time but we turned it off to test further in the future.

We hope to provide a lot more gameplay configurations like these as it’s a complex game and everyone has different preferences

• @Vesros I can say that the left right movement for different attacks is a terrible idea. A friend of mine used it in chiv (he bound alt attacks to A), and it was complete utter shite when you had to start an attack from the direction you were walking in. If you plan on doing something similar I’d prefer what they did in mordhau, where it depends on which direction you move your mouse before the attack starts. I still prefer buttons though.

• @Xylvion While it is a strictly inferior control scheme for higher level play (telegraphs your strike direction w/ movement), Mount and Blade players will feel at home because it’s a popular control setup there. So long as all these different control set ups are optional I do not care if they exist or not. Similarly I can appreciate the toggle vs held key modifier experimental mode, because for some people it’ll be really helpful, but I personally won’t use it.