Destruction of Chivalry must stop.

• Many new players or those who haven’t ever tried the game like such video’s. A slow niche introduction the grand castles,
    knights and backdrops plus a slight touch on fighting bots. We don’t all want to run about killing players at some extreme
    fov do we, some possible new gamers to Chivalry don’t really enjoy that and are put off. I make the video’s with those
    types of gamers in mind. Other video makers make harder video’s ie duel stuff or intermediate . I also have that great
    training video Torn Banner released at the same time as the game, which also gets watchers, As for beating up players
    infact on a few earlier video’s I also briefly did that, even inserting instructional texts on castle hill I think.

• @Naleaus said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

Or the patch that removed CFTP and added a huge bubble that caused a lot of vets to quit, and was supposed to dumb the game down for easier for newer players, which didn’t help retain new players at all. That they eventually changed back cause they realized they were wrong over a year later.

They removed CFTP way back when? SHIT…I’d quit too if I was playing then. It’s an essential part of any high skill player’s survival strategy.

• @Rodkor said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

@Clouseau said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

This is the kind of Chivalry we want tbh, grand castles, Knights, note in all my unusual video’s not one slanted stretched fov at all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GtsSYE-Ws
    If somebody could be firm about settings and perspectives a comp could be taken up by a serious sponsor.
    It doesn’t help when I often used to see good comps announced but then a few would jump on the thread to
    belittle it or complain , however they weren’t even in the comp or going to enter, a few organisers gave up before
    the comp even started due to such elitist jellybabies out of the box for the day tbh

That’s a video of you fighting bots on Arena, what the fuck man

To be honest, its misleading to show new players single player mode, when everyone is on multiplayer mode and the challenge is 10000000 times higher than what the bots provide…

TB wants to dumb things down for newcomers? Make an in-depth story mode that gradually teaches players to use more advanced techniques as they progress into the story.

Final boss = malric bot that feints, drags, and footworks >:D

• @Village-Elder
    They replaced it with recovery parry, which allowed you to parry anytime during recovery, thus negating the whole purpose of having one. It also allowed spears to not be punished, cause they could do it too. More or less dumbing the game down cause pressing 2-3 buttons to cftp is too hard. Oh, you couldn’t riposte with it either, so imagine how dumb 1vX was.

• @Rodkor said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

That’s a video of you fighting bots on Arena, what the fuck man

come on be fair, he is rank 48 after 4 years, bots are challenging

@ChuckingIt said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

Loin is the greatest troll TBS forums has ever seen. I gotta give him credit for keeping up the act this long. BRAVO!!

yeah it is impressive that he has turned the entire forum into his twitter account, at least lemon only ever replied to (every post)

• @gregcau said in [Destruction of Chivalry must stop.]

come on be fair, he is rank 48 after 4 years, bots are challenging

Is it bad that I got Chiv in early 2012 and I’m level 37?

• As far as I know you can’t rank up playing bots or using mods. My rank was gained playing on 99.9 official servers only.
    T/o or FFA. eof. Today even some player got upset at me after killing him a few times , he was actually complaining
    I played normally ? Does the majority really expect us all to play like Mr Reed stretchy Richards of the Fantastic four?
    Simply put most players don’t expect a left alt sword swipe or even see it coming in. Tunnel vision you see.
    edit :
    I will add 8 or 9 ranks of mine were in fact lost due to that bug, very annoying that was tbh

• @Skindiacus not at all, you rock

• This post is deleted!

• @Naleaus said in Destruction of Chivalry must stop.:

@Village-Elder
    They replaced it with recovery parry, which allowed you to parry anytime during recovery, thus negating the whole purpose of having one. It also allowed spears to not be punished, cause they could do it too. More or less dumbing the game down cause pressing 2-3 buttons to cftp is too hard. Oh, you couldn’t riposte with it either, so imagine how dumb 1vX was.

That must have sucked. Makes it much more difficult to punish players that like to play the range game lol.

I remember when people on console discovered FTP, it was like cavemen discovering fire, let me tell you XD