Bots

• My apologies, the F.A.Q. wasn’t entirely clear.

Is it possible to set up a party of 2-4 friends I know and just use bots for the opposing team?

Thanks.

• You would need to purchase a dedicated server, thats step number 1.

• You don’t need to purchase anything.
    You can run the server via “UDK.exe server AOCLTS-Arena3_p?lan?numplay=8”

Numplay dictates the number of starting bots.

It’s a bit of an effort to set things up correctly, but you can set this up for player vs bot, and it is surprisingly fun.

The main problem with playing players vs bots is the fact that you cannot uneven the teams. Meaning your friends must join one by one as you add another bot. Use admin addbots 1. You’ll also need to be able to log in using adminlogin PASSWORD, and have to set up said password in udkgame.ini.

You also cannot stack the enemy team with more bots because using AddRedBots/AddBlueBots results in an infinite loop and immediately crashes the server, bots were obviously not a terribly high priority.
    There is also no way (that I am aware of) to adjust bot difficulty; they cannot aim with arrows which is silly, and they also seem to have a phobia about using block (they are good with using feint, but your own attempts to feint will just result in your death, because they block very very rarely). Otherwise they are quite fun to fight against.

Sadly I can’t imagine bots will get any improvement in the weeks to come. Hopefully we will get access to the ability to place bots on teams we want so we can introduce artificial difficulty at least.

• @stabbingpeople:

You don’t need to purchase anything.

The main problem with playing players vs bots is the fact that you cannot uneven the teams. Meaning your friends must join one by one as you add another bot. Use admin addbots 1. You’ll also need to be able to log in using adminlogin PASSWORD, and have to set up said password in udkgame.ini.

You also cannot stack the enemy team with more bots because using AddRedBots/AddBlueBots results in an infinite loop and immediately crashes the server, bots were obviously not a terribly high priority.

Yikes, so if it’s just one friend and me, we’d be stuck playing 2v2 the entire time?

• No, you can still add bots, just use “admin addbots 10” rather than addredbots or addbluebots.

Clonkex