Is this worth buying?

• The game is simply amazing. I highly recommend it.

PS. I have been playing WOTR since the Alpha.

• @SlyGoat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Q7FETIxZw

This is the most comprehensive comparison I’ve seen of Chiv and WotR so far, so if you’re a WotR player it should give you an idea if you’d enjoy the game or not.

Obviously, I’d personally highly recommend Chivalry ;)

I love total biscuit but I hate how he gives the edge for War Of roses on detail. I get it they use a real based /war/ with the weapons they used but, imo I couldn’t care less if it was fictional or real based when you run around swining a sword like that, it matters how it plays and Chivalry has more details that were not mentioned. Like fallen bodies are mostly injured, they still breathe, blink and pretty much are alive, the screams of agony when they’re set on fire again, the VOICE commands and overall battle roars and so on, those you notice when you play a lot and they affect the atmosphere, at least for me. Then again it’s a matter of taste.

The game is totally worth it, played WoTr since beta btw and I can say Chivalry held me at the edge of the chair more times than WoTr did.

• Thanks for the feedback. I might give it a shot. Is there comms? That’s the biggest problem I have with WOTR is there is no teamwork.

• @EnzYmeS:

Thanks for the feedback. I might give it a shot. Is there comms? That’s the biggest problem I have with WOTR is there is no teamwork.

Comms? Not sure what you mean there, but I will tell you why people work together.

Team Objective gives you a place to be at all time. If you are pushing a cart, while your whole team is around that cart trying to advance it. Teams don’t even have to coordinate because everyone is working to accomplish that goal, and if you see a buddy locked in a duel, while you run over there and stab the other guy in the back! If you are around teammates and find yourself in a tough fight, rest assured someone is on their way to help. It is the culture of the game.

To be fair, Friendly Fire can be a problem with all the new players, but once you learn to only do certain types of strikes around friends it becomes a lot nicer. If you play team objective, it is near impossible no to see teamwork throughout.

Last example of teamwork, is how vigorously a teammates will run to the aid of archers or wounded players just to ensure their survival. It happens in every game, esp Team Objective.

For communication, there is VOIP as well as commands you can shout.

• Wow that sounds pretty good. Yea comms are the VIOP. Thanks for the reply

• I’d wait a bit until they patch some issues. I couldn’t even access the servers for the first few days because of some issues on their end. They also could use a patch to fix some balance issues. Just my 2c.

• It’s definitely worth purchasing. I think it’s one of the most addictive games I’ve ever played. You feel more immersed in combat than you do in WoTR. The animations and combat are extremely fluid. It also takes a lot of different strategies depending on what class you’re playing. Also, it’s really brutal. I just love seeing heads and limbs flying off bodies and blood squirting from extremities.

Overall, I enjoy Chivalry more than WoTr, it definitely warrants a purchase.

• @rinaun:

I’d wait a bit until they patch some issues. I couldn’t even access the servers for the first few days because of some issues on their end. They also could use a patch to fix some balance issues. Just my 2c.

Patch is coming in a week. Will address a lot of issues, possibly some balance - though the current state of things is pretty good save for a few outstanding issues.

By the way, the issue with servers isn’t on their end - it’s actually an issue with Steam, they’ve just found some workarounds that work for some people. The issue will only be addressed fully when Steam rolls out a fix for it.

• I hope you plan on fixing archer because if not, I really won’t be recommending this game to anyone. I just had to stab someone 4 times in the back just to kill them as an archer POINT BLANK……have you guys actually play tested this class thoroughly :| I can two-shot people as vanguard, and it shows pretty easily on servers that vanguard is the most played class followed by knight.

I can only hope this next patch will fix it :)

• Personally I’d say wait a bit until the game is patched properly. Many people are having trouble joining servers atm as you can see in the support section.

Other than that I can highly recommend the game, it’s loads of fun

• @rinaun:

I hope you plan on fixing archer because if not, I really won’t be recommending this game to anyone. I just had to stab someone 4 times in the back just to kill them as an archer POINT BLANK……have you guys actually play tested this class thoroughly

Uhm… It’s an archer… Did you expect archers to be monsters at melee or something? Its a ranged class, so obviously it’s melee isn’t going to be outstanding.

• @rinaun:

I hope you plan on fixing archer because if not, I really won’t be recommending this game to anyone. I just had to stab someone 4 times in the back just to kill them as an archer POINT BLANK……have you guys actually play tested this class thoroughly :| I can two-shot people as vanguard, and it shows pretty easily on servers that vanguard is the most played class followed by knight.

I can only hope this next patch will fix it :)

You must be bad at the game. Archers with that little dagger can tear 2 hand wielders up. Archers are fine as they are.

• That’s pretty funny you say that when the only complaints so far that are common are vanguard being slightly OP and archers being completely trivial. Yes, I stabbed a vanguard in the back using scroll down 4 times and still didn’t finish him. Each swing landed. He, of course two-swing’d me after multiple blocks. This game just really isn’t designed to be played as ranged and it feels like they released the game overall too early with blatant balance issues such as that.

• I’d say yes, there are some things that need tweaked/fixed but that will come along the way. If you’re really worried, then get it later

• @DirtyHoudini:

I’d say yes, there are some things that need tweaked/fixed but that will come along the way. If you’re really worried, then get it later

The problem is, some of us bought it with the intention of it being finished and playable in the advertised fashion. I’m pretty tempted on just not playing/refunding and waiting until I see some patches. the melee combat is amazing but I really purchased this for the ranged class, and well, it’s hardly playable atm. It’s not me either; my friends and I can easily top the charts……as vanguard :| I’m not even going to mention the first 2 days of launch, when I couldn’t even see servers. It just feels like they had an awesome game and decided “awwwwww yea archers here you go”.

edit: just played more rounds as archer. Then I played vanguard and went 28-6. I’m seriously getting a bit angered at how obvious the imbalance is. It takes two swings to kill me from pretty much any class, three if we count just arm shots.It takes 4-5 bow shots with the current mechanics to kill someone? come onnnnnnnnnn. Guys. Balance please.

• @EnzYmeS:

I just started playing these midevil games. I have been playing WOTR. Can anyone give me reviews for which one is better if you have both games? I just don’t want to throws my money at games I won’t play. Thanks

Honestly I play both, they are too different to compare. Chivalry is arcadey and a great game to play while drunk and WoTR is more like M&B.

• You got to be kidding about this archer stuff you get 5 archer on one team and that becomes a power house. You need to learn to shoot targets that are injured and stop shooting full health guys unless your looking to weaken the opponents health for your team to take down quick. I have top the charts as an archer. People need to stop complaining about archers and learn your roll as a support class. Your job is to soften them up or take out the weak not be some kind of CoD remake.

• Ive got a question, which will determine if i buy the game. Is there a Mod/Map Editor for the game available and what will be possible with it? Only maps or also gamemodes and PvE Mission.

• @Bullface:

Ive got a question, which will determine if i buy the game. Is there a Mod/Map Editor for the game available and what will be possible with it? Only maps or also gamemodes and PvE Mission.

You can create your own content for the game using the UDK. Down the line the team wants to release their own SDK to make mapping/modding easier and more accessible.

• Well since I purchased the game on the 16th, the day it came out I have been able to play 0 hours and 0 minutes because the game will not start. I continuously get a udk.exe error, so personally I would have to say its not worth it. But keep in mind my opinion is based off spending 24.99 on nothing