First Impression Pax Build

• This will just be a dump of initial thoughts without too much filtering, so I will just list them out.

• The weapons have no weight to them. When I am engaging multiple opponents, hitting, parrying, and riposting, I just don’t get that satisfying feeling that my combat is very meaningful. Definitely need that CMW feedback.

• The objectives when captured on the A and B on Attack and defend mode have too much visual noise that can disguise land mines which adds an unnecessary level of confusion.

• The feint animations seem a little jittery. When I do a stab feint stab, the animations looking like you are shaking the weapon instead of a smooth stop and pull back.

• Not a big fan of the washed out colors, it makes the models seem uglier than they actually are.

• The parry adding more parry time on successful block might make blocking less skillful in 1vX situations, where as better stam management might be the answer with parry to parry.

• Need to get Feint back onto Q in order for me to really test out the combat.

Thanks for letting me into the Alpha testing, this is a rough dump of my thoughts for now. Once I get the binds all set up properly, I will dive into class design and balance.

• @ChuckingIt said in First Impression Pax Build:

The weapons have no weight to them. When I am engaging multiple opponents, hitting, parrying, and riposting, I just don’t get that satisfying feeling that my combat is very meaningful. Definitely need that CMW feedback.

What is that lack of weight?

• I think the target crying out as they are hit is missing
    • I think the blood on an opponent could be better (interesting mason red blood doesnt show up much but on agatha it becomes so obvious some people mistake em for masons).
    • I also notice when you LMB into a taurants side (with a taurant) they go backwards instead of being knocked horizontally which feels a little off.

• Character torsos don’t move all that much when they swing, and the Chiv leaning is almost entirely gone. These two things combined make swings look as though they’re coming almost entirely from your character’s arms, which doesn’t really give them a whole lot of weight.

The animations themselves could also use alot of work. For example, there’s alot of really weird leg movement when you swing, making your character look like they’re skating around at certain points.

• @ToLazy4Name said in First Impression Pax Build:

Character torsos don’t move all that much when they swing, and the Chiv leaning is almost entirely gone. These two things combined make swings look as though they’re coming almost entirely from your character’s arms, which doesn’t really give them a whole lot of weight.

The animations themselves could also use alot of work. For example, there’s alot of really weird leg movement when you swing, making your character look like they’re skating around at certain points.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I need more testing time to give better answers back. Those were just the initial gut feelings. I’ll comment more in the coming days. My next post will be about the colors.