Switch side of weapon and shield

• Hi guys, i’m left handed and is not natural for me wear the weapon on the right hand and shield on the left one. All my tactics are to create space on the left but having the sword to my right is all so unnatural.
    Can you add this option?
    An option that can switch the sword on the left hand and the shield on the right hand.

• up… :?

• I don’t think that’s an option that will be taken to consideration, because of the fact that you would have to start a slash from a different angle by doing so, and this would just catch too many enemies off-guard.

• @wildwulfy:

I don’t think that’s an option that will be taken to consideration, because of the fact that you would have to start a slash from a different angle by doing so, and this would just catch too many enemies off-guard.

Actually, the idea is not so bad. One should be able to tell the difference of righty vs. lefty from the way the player holds his weapon. So, an observant player would not be caught off guard, he’d simply have to develop an extra set of reflexes to block and swing from the opposite side. I feel this might actually add more depth to combat.

• Speaking from a balance point of view? Unnecessary and lots of effort for very little practical change in gameplay. Front parrying would still block it, would just require the player to turn the other direction. There aren’t enough left-handed people in existence to warrant this entire change of programming and animations.

Speaking from a historical point of view, swordsmen were always, ALWAYS trained to wield their sword in their right hand and shield in their left. It’s just how it was done, no consideration was given to “lefties” since the concept wasn’t really understood. Note how all medieval castle stairwells curve upwards and clockwise? This is so defenders on the top of the stairs can easily stab downward with the sword in their right hand, whilst attackers would be unable to attack upwards, what with the central stair pillar in the way an all.

Warriors attacking a castle who decided to go left handed anyway left a lot of medieval soldiers surprised!