Taurant Whirlwind Suggestion

• Alright, so we’ve seen the whirlwind. It’s a nifty 360 attack that you can use to attack everyone in your immediate area to prevent yourself from getting surrounded.

But is it any different from starting an LMB and turning with the attack during the entirety of the release? Apart from sound and a slight damage deviation, not so much.

My idea is to take the supposed purpose of the attack and enhance the skill to match that purpose - preventing yourself from getting surrounded.

The skill will have slightly larger reach, and will deal a massive knockback to each enemy hit - on the level of the iron dome.
    It’s different from the iron dome, however, in that it knocks people back one by one. If it’s parried - it’ll stop there. The enemy who parried will also not be knocked as much as an enemy who was regularly hit. This will make the skill less support oriented and more tank oriented, as its main purpose is therefore self protection - it’ll be most effective when targetswitching/riposting it so you can take a break from some of them while dealing with the one who had the greatest amount of focus on you and the greatest chance to parry the whirlwind in the first place.

In conclusion, the skill as it is right now, in my opinion, does not fulfill its assumed purpose. The changes I’ve described are my personally ideal version of the skill. It may, of course, be subject to debate on and change, but the punchline is clear - it needs to be changed.

• What if we completely change it, have it do no damage as he spins. But instead it pulls enemies towards him like a whirlpool effect. Enemies will be flinched if caught in his suction radius and have enought time to block his follow up attack, much like a chiv light kick. If you see him starting his windup you can block his suction and therefore not be pulled in.

This will be as a distance closer since he is slow as balls and will give him a control ability in teamfights. It can be negated through that shield bubble, normal blocking or by being flinched from ranged attack.

• @MrGrumps said in Taurant Whirlwind Suggestion:

But is it any different from starting an LMB and turning with the attack during the entirety of the release? Apart from sound and a slight damage deviation, not so much.

Well the difference is that the whirlwind can hit multiple opponents and each has to parry it on their own.

If it did more knockback, larger radius than it does currently it would certainly help against multiple melee opponents. I like the damage it does though.

• I think it needs a shorter release either way, right now it takes forever to perform which is sorta silly.