Very first impressions

• A lot of this is likely because I’m new to the game and haven’t grasped weapon timings etc, but I picked them up chivalry extremely fast compared to this.

Overall it just feels clunky right now, mainly due to how the queueing is working at the moment. Very deadliest warriorish but a lot more slow.

It quite hard to tell when I’m actually hitting people or being hit, a lot of the time I feel like I’m just being flinched out of nowhere and an ability being flinched really sucks. There’s no easy way to tell when I’m on low health and the hits to kill combined with the myriad of abilities makes dying really easy.

Blocking is just not working correctly and quite often I’m being hit when the other players animation is nowhere near me.

There isn’t enough tell on abilities and it’s kind of a spam fest.

Holding down lmb lets you combo infinitely, I don’t even understand why there isn’t a stamina system to begin with. No stamina means spammy players aren’t punished enough for just clicking non stop.

Abilities that are there for the sole purpose of being able to run away are just not fun at all to play against. It’s like chasing an archer on cmw with no chase mechanic.

Alchemancer just seems incredibly overpowered with the range spam it can put out, a stamina/mana system for the left click ability seems almost necessary, maybe just make it use the parry juice. You can use the ability normally while over half juice and maybe reduce to rate of fire incrementally the lower the juice.
    Also concerning alchemancer, a parry and close range weapon is desperately needed if someone does manage to breach the gap and your runaway abilities are on cooldown.

• Global Moderator

I would have to agree with the “clunky” part. I’ve pointed this out 6 or 8 weeks ago, and I know the Devs are working hard on it, but this is the main issue so far. My “fears” have been confirmed, as I was hoping that a good ping would fix most of the issues with responsivesness. However, after playing on an EU server with a reasonable latency it turned out that only some of the responsiveness issues were fixed.

Now, clunkyness is ofcourse a broad term, so I’ll try to explain what I mean with it.

1. Blocking feels unresponsive. For some classes the animation that leads up to the block seems too long.
    2. The second, but perhaps even more important part of the issue is that some combat animations are “confusing”. It can be very hard to identify which part of the animation is wind-up, attack, and wind-down. This is especially true for the classes that have duel-wield weapons. (Always forget the name).

Overall, sorry to say, the combat does remind me a lot of Deadliest Warrior. Not as snappy as many of the testers are used to from Chiv.

• @Charlotte said in Very first impressions:

Alchemancer just seems incredibly overpowered with the range spam it can put out, a stamina/mana system for the left click ability seems almost necessary, maybe just make it use the parry juice. You can use the ability normally while over half juice and maybe reduce to rate of fire incrementally the lower the juice.
    Also concerning alchemancer, a parry and close range weapon is desperately needed if someone does manage to breach the gap and your runaway abilities are on cooldown.

I posted this in the “Alchemancer Enhancement Suggestions” thread, but I thought i’d post it here as well:

I think the best overall scenario for the Alchemancer is for different actual weapon loadouts to be brought into the game.

Two loadouts for the Alchemancer: One with his normal fireball LMBs, and one with an actual melee weapon.

In regards to his actual current LMBs, they need something done to them. Considering his current parry thing has a cooldown/overheat mechanic on it, I think the same should apply to his LMBs. Let him fire them as fast as he currently can for a few shots, and then it should get incrementally slower until he’s shooting really slow in comparison to when he first started. As it stands right now, he’s just ridiculously powerful when he has teammates to get the aggro off of him.

• @Charlotte Thank you for the feedback. You’ve joined the team at the end of a test cycle; the build you’ve just tried out is the same one shown at PAX East and we’re trying to get a new build to the team as soon as we can.

Stay tuned! Many of the suggestions you’ve made are similar to the feedback from the other alpha testers and we’re taking steps to address the overall feel of combat.