Tinker's auto side/back jumps after attacks

• Am I the only one who finds it more of an annoyance? Especially the back jump if you’re back-pedalling and trying to hit someone with a stab. You end up missing because the back jump range is pretty big. Side jumps seem to throw my aim off a bit too.

• Yeah, not a big fan. I think it’s a superfluous addition that would be better off removed, or at least implement a stamina system so you can’t spam them.

These kinds of mini-MAA dodges were also a thing in Slasher, and I hated them there as well.

Edit: Wait, are we talking about the same thing? I thought we were discussing the little mini-MAA dodges you can do by pressing the jump key while moving sideways or backwards. After re-reading what you posted I think you might be on about something different.

• You can do it manually with every class (except alchemancer), sadly as a tinker you have no choice. Imo it should be removed.

• Stamina will be in the next build you get and the Tinker’s swishy style isn’t as prominent.

• @ToLazy4Name said in Tinker's auto side/back jumps after attacks:

Yeah, not a big fan. I think it’s a superfluous addition that would be better off removed, or at least implement a stamina system so you can’t spam them.

These kinds of mini-MAA dodges were also a thing in Slasher, and I hated them there as well.

Edit: Wait, are we talking about the same thing? I thought we were discussing the little mini-MAA dodges you can do by pressing the jump key while moving sideways or backwards. After re-reading what you posted I think you might be on about something different.

Yeah, I’m talking about that. Tinker uses them automatically if you’re moving backwards or sideways while attacking.

• Huh, I never noticed. That sounds obnoxious though, yeah.

• @Vesros Said:

• DirectionalStep melee - Tinker only
      • applies a lunge in your movement direction at the start of windup

It is a game feature atm, seems like it will still be according to what Reithur said, but imo it should be removed as it’s annoying due to reasons that Rumpel described.

• @Xylvion said in Tinker's auto side/back jumps after attacks:

@Vesros Said:

• DirectionalStep melee - Tinker only
      • applies a lunge in your movement direction at the start of windup

It is a game feature atm, seems like it will still be according to what Reithur said, but imo it should be removed as it’s annoying due to reasons that Rumpel described.

An option to disable it would be nice then tbh.