Epic war mode (or whatever)

• I know this is ridiculous early in dev to be talking of single player and don’t get me wrong I will mostly concentrate on smashing the spear class online, but as an idea for offline mode…

can UKD easily handle bots because if anyone remembers lotr conquest I would love to play battles like helms deep or minas tirith on the gorgeous maps-but when it was put on instant action or MP it became a 9 a side fight over the whole citadel, and most of the soldiers would archers or mages.
    Now on campagain mode they had bazillions of bots called “grunts” which filled in the battlefield but didn’t really have much combat effect other than against each other or as a tasty snack for my troll (om nom nom) but just glansing around the map watching the unfolding carnage was AWSOME and i waswondering if you have considered anything like this for chiv?

• Developer

There is already AI in our developer build and a survival mode where the player faces waves of bots in each new round. We will be looking into ways to expand these things and an idea such as this has some appeal, so its possible… would love to hear more thoughts on it.

• make the chivalry lore the single player :D would be awesome playing all the original maps in the order they’re supposed to be played, and learning why they’re there.

• sp campagain with story-i love it!
    and zombies/survival mode?!?!?!? :o :D :D

• Yay….Zombies, the lazy developers way of adding another half assed feature to a game… :|

• I’m hooked anyways!!! :D

• @Vox:

make the chivalry lore the single player :D would be awesome playing all the original maps in the order they’re supposed to be played, and learning why they’re there.

I’m a big fan of this idea. Choose your side in the beginning. All you have to do is enable “game overs” on certain key maps or if your side suffered a certain number of losses in a row or total and add bots and boom, you’ve got SP. On the non-critical maps, wins or losses could affect which battlefield would follow, as originally planned for AoC. You could even have multiple endings. (Big selling point! And you could perhaps be able to charge a little more if it were included.) Single bosses would be easy enough, even; all you’d have to do is up the AI difficulty and tactics and throw in a unique model.

@Tibberius:

There is already AI in our developer build and a survival mode where the player faces waves of bots in each new round. We will be looking into ways to expand these things and an idea such as this has some appeal, so its possible… would love to hear more thoughts on it.

YAYAYAYAY my idea in fruition <3