Expansion to consoles via XBLA

• This really needs to jump over to Xbox… I no longer have a PC and am simply dying not being able to play this game… After reading in the forums, the most prevalent barrier to an Xbox port is claimed to be cost… Not of the actual devs programming but the cost of Microsofts fees etc… I find that puzzling as Xbox Live Arcade is built on the premise of indie gaming and as such, I assume its surely affordable, especially in light of the fact that Torn Banner overshot its Kickstarter funding by a very significant margin… Several PC ports have done very well on XBLA, most notably, Minecraft and recently, Counter Strike Global Offensive. There is nothing remotely similar to Chivalry on Xbox and I am certain that there is a substantial player base who are fed up with the nerfed, no skill garbage that is MW3 and BF3, who would absolutely love a realistic, skillful, challenging multiplayer game such as Chivalry. This game on XBLA for 15-25 dollars = win/win.

Regards, Vikktorr

• XBLA…built on Indie’s, hahaaaaa.

Also, do you know Microsoft charges 50,000$ per patch, after the first “free” patch? Hence why alot of games are rarely patched on Xbox 360, unless they are “BIG” titles.

It’s why you so rarely see free DLC on consoles as well. Valve is one of the few to do so, but they literally pay out of their own pockets for this.

Consoles would not allow them to patch constantly without costing alot of money, they would not be able to release free DLC.

Also, you can’t use Minecraft as an example, or Counter-Strike. Minecraft is what you’d call a odd ball, but the guy who made it is loaded and had minimal development costs nowhere near torn banner. And he is also very rich because he had no staff to pay.

Counter-Strike comes from Valve, a very, very wealthy company, that you know, owns Steam, and the most successful franchises in the gaming world. Gabe Newell is the 834th richest man in the world. To be in the top 1000 alone says something about how well his company is doing. :P

A better example would have been The Witcher 2, but even they have significant funding from their first game which sold over 3 million copies. They are still Indie, went console, and were successful.

I don’t see Chivalry coming to consoles. Maybe a sequel, in the future, with more money and possibly a publisher.

But right now, the costs for doing so would exceed the reward.

There would be fee’s to pay Microsoft, Epic Games, and then the fiasco with DLC being free on PC, but not on consoles…

Alot of red tape, alot of money. Not going to happen without a miracle.

• I disagree. The costs will NOT exceed the reward, if you ask me. I know a lot more people, including myself, who wants this game to be on the Xbox 360 then those who wants/have it for the PC.

Yes, it maybe hard and expensive but still possible with good profits though I highly recommend not getting this game onto the Xbox 360 until Singleplayer stuff has been added, at least.

I say getting it onto the Xbox 360 should be a priority, and tbh… You PC hogs have enough of the good games, why not let the Xbox 360 at least HAVE A CHANCE of getting this one?

Anyways… Basicly, I say it should happen and should be possible with good profits but maybe not yet. They’ll need to make some more money from the PC players before moving onto the consoles.

• @Jusey1:

I know a lot more people, including myself, who wants this game to be on the Xbox 360 then those who wants/have it for the PC.

Unfortunately the world doesn’t work based on subjective statements; I, as a PC gamer, know virtually no console players, and have dozens of friends who play Chivalry on PC.

• @Jusey1:

I disagree. The costs will NOT exceed the reward, if you ask me. I know a lot more people, including myself, who wants this game to be on the Xbox 360 then those who wants/have it for the PC.

Yes, it maybe hard and expensive but still possible with good profits though I highly recommend not getting this game onto the Xbox 360 until Singleplayer stuff has been added, at least.

I say getting it onto the Xbox 360 should be a priority, and tbh… You PC hogs have enough of the good games, why not let the Xbox 360 at least HAVE A CHANCE of getting this one?

Anyways… Basicly, I say it should happen and should be possible with good profits but maybe not yet. They’ll need to make some more money from the PC players before moving onto the consoles.

You’re a troll, aren’t you? Only thing I get from this post.

And Singleplayer stuff won’t be added. Not by the devs; but modders will, but Xbox doesn’t allow mods…so.

• I’m not a troll.

They already mentioned a singleplayer Campaign so there is a possible singleplayer mode with bots. (Same thing as multiplayer but with bots instead; and that is possible + extremely easy).
    ~Edit~
    Actually, there are bots already so singleplayer can easily be done… Heck, there is singleplayer or should be… Someone can just host a game and only add bots to his/her game.

True, it maybe different to others but I do remember reading surveys, and other things, that said the majority of gamers are console players.

I just don’t want to waste money to upgrade my computer or get a new one just for a game. Sorry. Wont happen. So I’ll say my thoughts and get them out there for this game to be on the Xbox 360… I already lost one awesome medieval game and don’t want to lose another.

• Alas, I have heard of the $50,000 patch fee. Thats bloody ridiculous! Well, I still dream… The market is there, I am sure of it… Obviously not for a huge mainstream success but games of this caliber always attract a cult following… I hope that it does well enough on PC to fill Torn Banners coffers to the point where a port may happen. Hell, better late than never… Make it, say, 6 months down the road. The game should well be ironed out at that point, bug and balance wise. So even without DLC and patches, itd be a bloody good game… As for costs, they are there, of course, yet surely its still a feasible venture? A port should surely cost less than the games initial development? An idea, throw the port on Kickstarter! :D

• @Vikktorr:

Alas, I have heard of the $50,000 patch fee. Thats bloody ridiculous! Well, I still dream… The market is there, I am sure of it… Obviously not for a huge mainstream success but games of this caliber always attract a cult following… I hope that it does well enough on PC to fill Torn Banners coffers to the point where a port may happen. Hell, better late than never… Make it, say, 6 months down the road. The game should well be ironed out at that point, bug and balance wise. So even without DLC and patches, itd be a bloody good game… As for costs, they are there, of course, yet surely its still a feasible venture? A port should surely cost less than the games initial development? An idea, throw the port on Kickstarter! :D

Can’t throw a port on Kickstarter. Doesn’t work that way.

SP with bots exists, yes, it’s called Offline mode, but there is no story is what I meant.

And the majority of people are actually PC gamers, even if that has to include Facebook games.

• They should stay centered on PC , optimizing and maybe expanding the game even more, if the player base grows substantially in around a year or so then maybe they could start CONSIDERING a console/s title.

• Mkilbride does the ps3 have the $50,000 patch thing? If they make the game for consoles, maybe they should think about more than just xbox.

• @Spartan_8822:

Mkilbride does the ps3 have the $50,000 patch thing? If they make the game for consoles, maybe they should think about more than just xbox.

I don’t know about PS3.

They would still have to pay alot of costs involved. It’s not viable for a small of company as themselves, just yet.

• Ok thank you very much.

• @Royraiden:

They should stay centered on PC , optimizing and maybe expanding the game even more, if the player base grows substantially in around a year or so then maybe they could start CONSIDERING a console/s title.

A year is like 5 years in game industry time… Did you just pull that number out of your ass? Since you didnt give any logical reason on why it should be a year…

• @Vikktorr:

@Royraiden:

They should stay centered on PC , optimizing and maybe expanding the game even more, if the player base grows substantially in around a year or so then maybe they could start CONSIDERING a console/s title.

A year is like 5 years in game industry time… Did you just pull that number out of your ass? Since you didnt give any logical reason on why it should be a year…

In a year, they will have more funding. In a year, they will be more known, in a year they may have found some type of publisher; if they even want one. The game will also be in a state where they could release it to consoles without it being significantly worse than the PC version. It will always be inferior, but they can at least TRY to make it as good as possible.

• Tbh, they can easily get the money to get this game onto the Consoles in around 3 - 6 months.

• @Jusey1:

Tbh, they can easily get the money to get this game onto the Consoles in around 3 - 6 months.

Possibly. But they have to see if it would be viable as a platform for their game and would they not only retake their costs, but make a significant profit that time couldn’t be better spent elsewhere.

• I cant see how this would work.

• @Vikktorr:

@Royraiden:

Learn some manners before you post.Anyways Mkilbride just gave you an answer similar to what I would had written :)

• Game companies that go from pc to consoles tend to get money hungry… and tend to make worse games even tho they are getting more money. Torn Banner don’t go to the dark side!
    Consoles shouldn’t exist anyways.

• @Thylacine:

Game companies that go from pc to consoles tend to get money hungry… and tend to make worse games even tho they are getting more money. Torn Banner don’t go to the dark side!
    Consoles shouldn’t exist anyways.

They exist for a reason, there is a market for people who do not wish to think. Nothing wrong with that at all. Not here to bash console players.

Yes, game quality does tend to go down. It doesn’t have to, but it tends to.